|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator call "Nurse" in Story 5?
(a) Wayne's wife.
(b) The bartender.
2. How much money does Wayne and the narrator each receive for the scrap wire in Story 5?
3. What type of accent does the "second man" have in Story 8?
(a) Eastern European.
(c) West Midlands.
4. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) They would take good care of the narrator.
(b) That they had young children.
(c) That they were friendly.
(d) They would have an accident.
5. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Extension cord / mother.
(b) Belt / friend.
(c) Baseball bat / sister.
(d) Tire iron / wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bill looks back at his life, he says he sees _______.
2. What is the narrator of Story 10 referring to when he says to bill, "Pay me back when they give you yours"?
3. Who is out in front of the abortion building in Story 7?
4. Who does the narrator believe is coming to shoot his left leg off in Story 2?
5. In Story 7, the narrator follows a man off the train and into a ________ neighborhood.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)