|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Story 8, the narrator tells the military woman from the tavern that he is locked out of his ________.
(a) Bank account.
(b) Friend's house.
2. According to the narrator in Story 1, why was he admitted to Seattle General Hospital some years later?
(a) For a bacterial infection.
(b) For mental evaluation.
(c) For detox.
(d) For surgery.
3. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) His friend is waiting for him.
(b) He can't afford it.
(c) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
(d) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
4. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
(a) Saw / arm.
(b) Fork / leg.
(c) Knife / eye.
(d) Tree branch / abdomen.
5. Who is the orderly at the hospital is a friend of the narrator in Story 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kid Williams?
2. Story 9 opens with the narrator saying he was after a ________ who was always in the company of a boy.
3. The narrator states that ________ is like a railroad club car that had somehow run itself off the tracks into a swamp of time where it awaited the blows of the wrecking ball.
4. According to Dundun in Story 4, why does McInnes not feel good?
5. What happens to the baby rabbits at the end of Story 6?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)