|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Stories 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks the question in Story 1, "Are you hearing unusual sounds or voices?"
(a) The Salesman.
(c) The narrator.
(d) The doctor.
2. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
(a) A brother.
(b) A mother.
(c) A brother.
(d) A sister.
3. At the end of Story 5, the narrator says, "Your husband will beat you with a(n) ________ and the bus will pull away leaving you standing there in tears, but you were my ________."
(a) Tire iron / wife.
(b) Belt / friend.
(c) Extension cord / mother.
(d) Baseball bat / sister.
4. Who is pregnant in the beginning of Story 7?
(a) Wayne's wife.
(b) The narrator's girlfriend.
(c) Georgie's fiance.
(d) Richard's daughter.
5. The narrator states in Story 1 that by the sweet voices of the family inside the car, he knew ________.
(a) They would have an accident.
(b) They would take good care of the narrator.
(c) That they were friendly.
(d) That they had young children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the narrator in Story 2, who sold him a gun?
2. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
3. All of the following people are inside the farmhouse in Story 4, except for who?
4. What type of blemish does Bill have on his face?
5. Who overdoses on heroin at the end of Story 3?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)