|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Story 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in Story 4?
(a) Jack Hotel.
(c) The narrator.
2. Around 3:30am, a guy with a _______ in his ________ comes into the hospital in Story 6.
(a) Fork / leg.
(b) Tree branch / abdomen.
(c) Knife / eye.
(d) Saw / arm.
3. Why does the narrator of Story 8 not take the military woman from the tavern to a motel?
(a) He doesn't want to have relations with her.
(b) He doesn't want to leave the tavern.
(c) He can't afford it.
(d) His friend is waiting for him.
4. Who does the military woman from the tavern say she could introduce the narrator to her husband as?
(a) Her nephew.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her cousin.
(d) Her uncle.
5. What type of vehicle does the "second man" in Story 8 drive?
(a) A van.
(b) An RV.
(c) A motorscooter.
(d) A pickup truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Georgie run over in Story 6?
2. According to the narrator in Story 8, ________ is Seattle's much favored sad jukebox song.
3. The narrator in Story 8 has all of the following family members except for which?
4. What two people is the narrator calling for in the streets in Story 8?
5. The narrator indicates that the two men he sees at the hospital in Story 8 were brought together by common ________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)