|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is the title of the book Florence has given Bertie to read?
2. What is the big trick when planning a singularly fruity binge or war maneuver?
3. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
4. Who is at the top of Sir Roderick's list of "Loonies I have Lunched With"?
5. What does Honoria tell the wet Bertie to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What effect does Sir Roderick Glossop have upon Bertie?
2. How does Bertie steal the dog McIntosh back from the Blumenfelds?
3. What is the song that is woven through Chapter 7 as a motif and focus?
4. Upon popping into the oyster bar at Buck's, who does Bertie run into?
5. What does Bertie do to assure that the young Master Blumenfeld is happy about Bobbie Wickham's mother's play?
6. Why does Florence Craye give Bertie serious books to read?
7. Where had Bertie and Jeeves met the father and son team of the Blumenfelds previously?
8. What is the difference between Aunt Dahlia and Aunt Agatha?
9. In Chapter 4, what odd event happens to Sir Roderick on his way to the club?
10. Why is Bertie unable to say no to these brainy, pushy young women?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Contrast the written dialogue of Bertie and Jeeves. What are the characteristics of Bertie's speech? Find three of the best examples of things only Bertie could/would say. What are the characteristics of Jeeves' dialogue? Find three examples of specifically Jeeves-like dialogue. Contrast and compare the two men verbally.
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between Jeeves and Bertie (a higher intelligence watching over a less capable soul) is similar to the one between Bertie and Bingo.
Describe the similarities between Jeeves and how he takes care of Bertie, and Bertie's attempts to do this with Bingo. What is the dynamic operating between caretaker and taken-care-of in this book? What does Bertie need from Jeeves? What does Bingo need from Bertie?
Essay Topic 3
This collection of short stories is presented as a book.
What are the themes that tie the short stories together and make it a cohesive collection of tales? What characters carry through many of the episodes? What is the overarching story told by the smaller episodes?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)