|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steggles accidentally see on the golf course?
(a) Bertie lost in the back 40.
(b) Harold's amazing sprint.
(c) Cindy in training for the horse race.
(d) Greyhound practice.
2. Who is Little Prudence Baxter?
(a) Bingo's daughter.
(b) Child of his Lordship's head gardener.
(c) Bertie's crazy little niece.
(d) Gertrude's secret.
3. What is "Pipped on the Post"?
(a) Jargon for lame horse.
(b) Bingo's new poem.
(c) Bertie's favorite song.
(d) Racing novel.
4. Where is Bertie planning to take the Rowbotham clan for lunch?
(a) Lyons' Popular Café.
(b) Ritz Hotel.
(c) Speakers' Corner hot dog stand.
(d) Russian Tea Room.
5. Who does he hear on Sunday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) English teachers.
(b) Socialists from Russia.
(c) Heralds of the Red Dawn.
(d) Jamaican freedom fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gertrude?
2. What is Mr. Blumenfeld's profession?
3. In her note, when does Aunt Agatha expect her dog back?
4. What is one of the races under consideration?
5. Who is Bingo in love with in Chapter 11?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)