|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, whom does Bertie describe as a plague spot?
(c) Aunt Agatha.
2. What had Honoria been doing to Bertie between Chapters 3 and 4?
(a) Letting him relax and be himself.
(b) Scolding him.
(c) Chasing him around the breakfast nook.
(d) Molding him.
3. What is the name of Uncle Willoughby's book?
(a) Things I wish I'd done sooner.
(b) The left hand is quicker.
(c) Willoughby and the fair maiden.
(d) Recollections of a Long Life.
4. Why does Honoria suddenly switch from calling him Mr. Wooster to calling him Bertie?
(a) To distinguish him from his father, Mr. Wooster.
(b) She suddenly can't remember his last name.
(c) She thinks he loves her.
(d) Jeeves told her to do this.
5. Whom is Bertie engaged to in Chapter 1?
(a) Princess Toledo.
(b) Lady Florence Craye.
(c) Bobbie Watson's half sister, Giselda's roomate.
(d) Barbara Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "S to the core" mean?
2. What is the name of Bertie's previous valet?
3. What size hat must Glossop wear?
4. What does Honoria tell the wet Bertie to do?
5. What does Bertie plan to offer Sir Roderick for lunch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the pastor, Old Heppenstall, do to Harold after the choir boy makes such a ruckus during the service?
2. What is Bertie's plan for Bingo regarding Oswald?
3. What is the disguise that Bingo Little has worked up for himself so that he can pretend to be a Bolshevist?
4. Why does Tuppy Glossop not hear Bertie singing "Sonny Boy"?
5. When Bertie runs into old Bittlesham on St. James Street, at the beginning of Chapter 10, why is the older man so shaken?
6. Who in the family may have inherited Uncle Henry's eccentricities?
7. Why does Tuppy do to Bertie at the Drones Club?
8. What is the song that is woven through Chapter 7 as a motif and focus?
9. Who was the Wooster eccentric who kept eleven pet rabbits in his bedroom?
10. Who is the favorite in the Vicars' Sermon Handicap?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)