|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Honoria suddenly switch from calling him Mr. Wooster to calling him Bertie?
(a) Jeeves told her to do this.
(b) She thinks he loves her.
(c) To distinguish him from his father, Mr. Wooster.
(d) She suddenly can't remember his last name.
2. What is Ditteredge?
(a) Small hamlet just west of Bidderedge.
(b) Country estate belonging to the Glossops.
(c) Ruins of an ancient Roman church.
(d) Hotbed of gentlemen's fashion.
3. What sent Worplesdon to France forever?
(a) An opera Singer named Giselle.
(b) Stomach problems.
(d) Financial scandal.
4. What does Bertie feel like when submerged in the pond?
(a) Triton on a picnic.
(b) Clammy and bloated.
(c) Like a fish out of water.
(d) Pond scum.
5. What is Bingo's charge fishing for on the bridge?
(a) Koi fish.
(d) Sea bass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who delays Glossop at his club before his lunch with Bertie?
2. In Chapter 5, what happens to Sir Roderick on his taxi ride on his way to visit Bertie for lunch?
3. What is Sir Roderick president of?
4. In Chapter 1, what is the title of the book Florence has given Bertie to read?
5. How does Bertie describe Lady Wickham?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Jeeves?
2. Who wins the Sermon Handicap?
3. How does Jeeves come to apply for the valet position?
4. What is the song that is woven through Chapter 7 as a motif and focus?
5. In contrast to Bertie's opinion of Honoria Glossop, what does Bingo Little think of her?
6. How does the hot water bottle in Sir Roderick Glossop's bed get punctured twice?
7. Why was Bingo not in the bushes to rescue Oswald?
8. How does Bertie steal the dog McIntosh back from the Blumenfelds?
9. When Jeeves is going on a vacation, he finds a temporary replacement. What does he tell the replacement about Bertie?
10. What does the pastor, Old Heppenstall, do to Harold after the choir boy makes such a ruckus during the service?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)