|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bertie arrives in Ditteredge, where is Honoria?
(a) Teaching Classical Greek to the young.
(b) Swimming in the pond.
(c) Visiting the Braythwayts.
(d) Running a marathon.
2. Who does Bertie run into at Buck's?
(a) Bob White.
(b) The king of England.
(c) Aunt Agatha.
(d) Bingo Little.
3. Where do the Glossops live?
(a) Central London.
4. Who is Honoria Glossop?
(a) Oxford don.
(b) Local bathing beauty.
(c) School headmistress at Bingington.
(d) Elder sister of the boy Oswald, whom Bingo is tutoring.
5. What does Sir Roderick protect himself against the cats with?
(c) Nasal spray.
(d) Lump of sugar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
2. What does "S to the core" mean?
3. In Chapter 3, what is the first way Bertie describes Honoria Glossop's laugh?
4. How many cats are in Bertie's flat when Glossop is lunching?
5. What kind of establishment is Buck's?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bertie runs into old Bittlesham on St. James Street, at the beginning of Chapter 10, why is the older man so shaken?
2. How does Bertie steal the dog McIntosh back from the Blumenfelds?
3. As his present fiance, Honoria makes a request that shocks Bertie to the core. What is it?
4. What is the song that is woven through Chapter 7 as a motif and focus?
5. Why does Tuppy Glossop not hear Bertie singing "Sonny Boy"?
6. Why does Aunt Agatha call Jeeves Bertie's keeper?
7. Who in the family may have inherited Uncle Henry's eccentricities?
8. Who is McIntosh?
9. What does Bertie do to assure that the young Master Blumenfeld is happy about Bobbie Wickham's mother's play?
10. What happens at Goodwood with the race that Ocean Breeze is running?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)