|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the pick-me-up drink Jeeves brings to Bertie that first fateful morning?
(a) Gin, vodka, and bourbon.
(b) Worcestershirer sauce, raw egg, and red pepper.
(c) Coffee and walnut juice.
(d) Eye of the dog.
2. Where has Bertie been invited for Christmas?
(a) Monte Carlo.
(d) Lake Lucerne.
3. What is the reason Bertie wants to go to Skeldings?
(a) Revenge upon Tuppy Glossop.
(b) Get engaged to Roberta.
(c) Make better impression upon Sir Roderick.
(d) Hide from Aunt Agatha.
4. What club do Claude and Eustace want to join?
(a) Ballroom dancing clique.
(b) The Seekers.
(c) Expedition Fellows.
(d) Latin Speakers.
5. What does Honoria think she can do with Bertie?
(a) Send him to fire rescue school.
(b) Make something of him.
(c) Learn from all his wisdom and knowledge.
(d) Swim the English Channel with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cats are in Bertie's flat when Glossop is lunching?
2. Why are Claude amd Euastace arrested?
3. What does Lord Worplesdon like to dine in?
4. When Bertie needs inspiration, what does he ask?
5. What does Jeeves serve Sir Roderick for lunch in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there three cats in Bertie's bedroom during the lunch with Sir Roderick?
2. What does the title of the chapter "The Purity of the Turf" refer to?
3. What is the betting opportunity down in the country, at Twing Hall?
4. What does Aunt Agatha say is the slight snag in the marital plans of Honoria and Bertie?
5. What is it about Bertie that inspires brainy girls like Honoria and Florence to try to turn him into a better, smarter man?
6. What does Bittlesham's worry cause him to do in terms of his nephew, Bingo?
7. Whom is Bingo Little in love with in Chapter 3?
8. How does Comrade Butt find out the real identity of Bingo Little?
9. Why does Tuppy Glossop not hear Bertie singing "Sonny Boy"?
10. When Bertie runs into old Bittlesham on St. James Street, at the beginning of Chapter 10, why is the older man so shaken?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)