|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Spenser Gregson?
(a) Bertie's Aunt Agatha.
(b) Bob Gregson's mother.
(c) Bertie's annoying neighbor.
(d) Local newspaper reporter.
2. What is Sir Roderick Glossop's head like?
(a) Dome of St. Paul's.
(b) Death Valley.
(c) Dense dark forest of northern Germany.
(d) Wheat fields of Kansas.
3. How does Jeeves describe Bertie to the temporary valet replacement?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) Man among men.
(c) Bulldog with teeth.
(d) Mentally negligible.
4. What, according to Bertie, is the essence of rescue?
(a) A big audience.
(b) That one has tried.
(c) The drinks afterward.
(d) To save the victim.
5. What is Ditteredge?
(a) Hotbed of gentlemen's fashion.
(b) Small hamlet just west of Bidderedge.
(c) Ruins of an ancient Roman church.
(d) Country estate belonging to the Glossops.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bingo Little love little Oswald?
2. What happened to Willoughby and Florence's father in 1887?
3. What souvenirs had the Oxford boys picked up in London?
4. What is Sir Roderick president of?
5. What is Sir Roderick's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bertie deduce that Uncle George is planning to marry?
2. Why does Tuppy Glossop not hear Bertie singing "Sonny Boy"?
3. Once Bertie and Bingo no longer have an advantage in the Choir Boys' Handicap, what do they turn to for profit?
4. Who is Jeeves?
5. Why does Tuppy do to Bertie at the Drones Club?
6. Whom is Bingo Little in love with in Chapter 2?
7. Who is, surprisingly, part of the revolutionary group Heralds of the Red Dawn?
8. Who in the family may have inherited Uncle Henry's eccentricities?
9. What does Jeeves serve Sir Roderick for lunch, and why?
10. What is it that Jeeves does upon arrival that endears him to Bertie?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)