|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertie describe Lady Wickham?
(a) Breath of fresh air.
(b) Beaky female.
(c) Birdlike list, slightly to the left.
(d) Ship in a heavy wind.
2. When Bertie needs inspiration, what does he ask?
(a) How do I start and when?
(b) What would Jeeves have done?
(c) How can I impress my aunt?
(d) Where's the money trail?
3. What is under Bertie's bed that the cats want?
(b) Answers to their questions.
4. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
(a) "Where's my money?"
(b) "Get away from my daughter."
(c) "Ha, young man!"
(d) "Go to hell and don't come back!"
5. Whom is Bertie engaged to in Chapter 1?
(a) Barbara Smith.
(b) Bobbie Watson's half sister, Giselda's roomate.
(c) Princess Toledo.
(d) Lady Florence Craye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Spenser?
2. How does Oswald get out of the pond?
3. In Chapter 5, what happens to Sir Roderick on his taxi ride on his way to visit Bertie for lunch?
4. What does Sir Roderick protect himself against the cats with?
5. What does Jeeves serve Sir Roderick for lunch in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jeeves come to apply for the valet position?
2. What does the title of the chapter "The Purity of the Turf" refer to?
3. What does Aunt Agatha say is the slight snag in the marital plans of Honoria and Bertie?
4. As his present fiance, Honoria makes a request that shocks Bertie to the core. What is it?
5. In Chapter 4, what odd event happens to Sir Roderick on his way to the club?
6. What does the pastor, Old Heppenstall, do to Harold after the choir boy makes such a ruckus during the service?
7. What is the disguise that Bingo Little has worked up for himself so that he can pretend to be a Bolshevist?
8. When Bertie runs into old Bittlesham on St. James Street, at the beginning of Chapter 10, why is the older man so shaken?
9. Who is the favorite in the Vicars' Sermon Handicap?
10. What is the difference between Aunt Dahlia and Aunt Agatha?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)