|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Pipped on the Post"?
(a) Racing novel.
(b) Jargon for lame horse.
(c) Bingo's new poem.
(d) Bertie's favorite song.
2. Why does Bertie put up with Bingo's constant shenanigans?
(a) Bingo is Bertie's son.
(b) Bingo is Jeeves' nephew.
(c) Bingo is Bertie's younger brother.
(d) A rummy feeling of responsibility.
3. What is the name of old Wickhammersley's youngest daughter?
4. How many clergy are in the handicap?
5. How does Bertie describe the performance of Ocean Breeze at Goodwood?
(a) Faster than the speed of light.
(b) Zounds! Astounding! Zounding!
(c) Rummy beyond all description.
(d) Nearly came in first in the next race.
6. Who does he hear on Sunday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) English teachers.
(b) Socialists from Russia.
(c) Jamaican freedom fighters.
(d) Heralds of the Red Dawn.
7. How much money does Bertie give Jeeves at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) None; he is very upset with him.
(c) 2 shillings.
(d) Everything on the dressing table.
8. Where is the big race in Chapter 9 held?
(a) Ocean Breeze.
9. Who pulls off Bingo's beard?
(a) Comrade Butt.
(b) Lord Bittlesham.
10. What does Bertie do when he encounters the lunch visitors?
(a) Laughs hollowly and passes on.
(b) Screams like a banshee.
(d) Gives them all his money.
11. Who is Angela?
(a) Cora's agent.
(b) Tuppy's cook.
(c) Bertie's cousin.
(d) Jeeves' aunt.
12. What does old Rowbotham want to do?
(a) Become a fireman.
(b) Massacre the bourgeoisie.
(c) Sing for the queen.
(d) Run away with the circus.
13. What does Bingo wake Bertie up with before his tea?
(a) Poetry reading.
(b) Kippers and toast.
(c) Hot toddy.
(d) Cold water in the face.
14. Who breaks up the fight between Bingo and Butt?
(c) Old Bittlesham.
15. What does Steggles accidentally see on the golf course?
(a) Harold's amazing sprint.
(b) Greyhound practice.
(c) Cindy in training for the horse race.
(d) Bertie lost in the back 40.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker say to Lord Bittlesham?
2. Who engineered the beard pulling?
3. Who will be in attendance at the club?
4. How does Bertie get out of the dreaded lunch?
5. Who is Little Prudence Baxter?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)