|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the big race in Chapter 9 held?
(a) Ocean Breeze.
2. Why does Bertie put up with Bingo's constant shenanigans?
(a) Bingo is Bertie's younger brother.
(b) A rummy feeling of responsibility.
(c) Bingo is Jeeves' nephew.
(d) Bingo is Bertie's son.
3. What does Bertie do when he encounters the lunch visitors?
(b) Screams like a banshee.
(c) Laughs hollowly and passes on.
(d) Gives them all his money.
4. What does the speaker say to Lord Bittlesham?
(a) He's an example of a great man.
(b) Come to the waters and pray.
(c) Bravo to our Lord B!
(d) His god is his belly.
5. What does Steggles accidentally see on the golf course?
(a) Greyhound practice.
(b) Cindy in training for the horse race.
(c) Bertie lost in the back 40.
(d) Harold's amazing sprint.
6. What did Bobbie Wickham give Mr. Blumenfeld?
(a) Her phone number.
(b) Weather report.
(d) Aunt Agatha's dog.
7. In her note, when does Aunt Agatha expect her dog back?
(b) This evening between six and seven.
(c) Sometime next year.
(d) Feb. 14, 1922.
8. Why does Aunt Agatha leave her dog with Bertie?
(a) The dog has fleas.
(b) Agatha is allergic to the dog.
(c) She wants Bertie to train the dog.
(d) She is gone to Aix-les-Bains.
9. How does Tuppy plan to woo his opera singer?
(a) Spending lots of money on her.
(b) Running away, hoping she will chase him.
(c) Being upright and serious.
(d) Groveling at length.
10. Who wakes Bertie at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(c) Aunt Agatha.
11. Who else is coming to lunch, according to Bobbie Wickham?
(a) Local vicar.
(b) Small boy.
(c) Romance novelist.
(d) Newspaper writer.
12. Who is running the Great Sermon Handicap?
(b) Bingo Little.
(c) Eustace and Claude.
(d) Rev. Joseph Tucker.
13. When will Cora be singing at the club?
(a) Next Sunday morning.
(c) Next Tuesday.
(d) Every day for the coming month.
14. Who pulls off Bingo's beard?
(c) Lord Bittlesham.
(d) Comrade Butt.
15. What is Bingo planning to sing at the club?
(a) "Adagio #5."
(b) "Homeward Bound."
(c) "America, the Beautiful."
(d) "Sonny Boy."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, where does Bingo take his new love for a date?
2. What is "Pipped on the Post"?
3. What is Bingo's problem with the name of his beloved in Chapter 11?
4. What explodes at evening service?
5. Who does he hear on Sunday morning in Chapter 9?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)