|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Bertie planning to take the Rowbotham clan for lunch?
(a) Ritz Hotel.
(b) Speakers' Corner hot dog stand.
(c) Russian Tea Room.
(d) Lyons' Popular Café.
2. What does the speaker say to Lord Bittlesham?
(a) He's an example of a great man.
(b) Come to the waters and pray.
(c) His god is his belly.
(d) Bravo to our Lord B!
3. What does Bertie do when he encounters the lunch visitors?
(b) Screams like a banshee.
(c) Laughs hollowly and passes on.
(d) Gives them all his money.
4. In her note, when does Aunt Agatha expect her dog back?
(b) Sometime next year.
(c) Feb. 14, 1922.
(d) This evening between six and seven.
5. In Chapter 10, where does Bingo take his new love for a date?
6. What is "Pipped on the Post"?
(a) Bingo's new poem.
(b) Bertie's favorite song.
(c) Racing novel.
(d) Jargon for lame horse.
7. What are some of the requests Miss Wickham makes for lunch?
(a) Salad, water, and breadsticks.
(b) Apples, pears, and grapes.
(c) German sauerkraut.
(d) Oysters, ice cream, and gooey chocolates.
8. Who pulls off Bingo's beard?
(b) Lord Bittlesham.
(c) Comrade Butt.
9. What does old Rowbotham want to do?
(a) Run away with the circus.
(b) Massacre the bourgeoisie.
(c) Become a fireman.
(d) Sing for the queen.
10. What is the name of old Wickhammersley's youngest daughter?
11. How does Tuppy plan to woo his opera singer?
(a) Being upright and serious.
(b) Groveling at length.
(c) Spending lots of money on her.
(d) Running away, hoping she will chase him.
12. Who is in the living room while Bertie is in his bath in Chapter 7?
(a) Tuppy Glossop.
(b) Three cats.
13. How many Oxford students are marooned with Eustace & Claude?
14. What does Steggles accidentally see on the golf course?
(a) Cindy in training for the horse race.
(b) Greyhound practice.
(c) Bertie lost in the back 40.
(d) Harold's amazing sprint.
15. Where is Beefy Bingham working?
(a) Up in North Side.
(b) Down in the East End.
(c) Out on the Western Front.
(d) Back in the Southern Section.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Bingo in love with in Chapter 9?
2. What does London smell like in August?
3. Who was the disguised speaker?
4. Where does Bertie go to hear the people giving speeches?
5. What is Lord Bittlesham's actual first name, according to Bingo?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)