|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are some of the requests Miss Wickham makes for lunch?
(a) Apples, pears, and grapes.
(b) Oysters, ice cream, and gooey chocolates.
(c) Salad, water, and breadsticks.
(d) German sauerkraut.
2. What is the name of Beefy Bingham's club?
(a) Lad's Club.
(b) Hokey Pokey.
(c) Beefy's Bar and Grill.
(d) Opera Today.
3. Who is Sarah Mills?
(a) Famous opera singer.
(b) Frumpy cook at Twing Hall.
(c) Frivolous lace maker.
(d) Favorite for the spoon race.
4. What it is that Tuppy Glossop has come to tell Bertie?
(a) Revenge is sweet.
(b) He needs money.
(c) He is engaged to Cora Bellinger.
(d) Sir Roderick has left him a white horse.
5. How does Tuppy plan to woo his opera singer?
(a) Being upright and serious.
(b) Running away, hoping she will chase him.
(c) Spending lots of money on her.
(d) Groveling at length.
6. What can Prudence do?
(a) Run like the wind.
(b) Deliver mug of beer without spilling a drop.
(c) Stand on one leg for hours.
(d) Jump off the shed roof into the soft gorse bushes.
7. What does Bingo wake Bertie up with before his tea?
(a) Hot toddy.
(b) Cold water in the face.
(c) Kippers and toast.
(d) Poetry reading.
8. Whom is Bingo in love with in Chapter 9?
(a) Florence Craye.
(b) Charlotte Corday Rowbotham.
(c) Bobbie Wickham.
(d) Honoria Glossop.
9. What does the opera singer do to Bertie's apartment ceiling?
(a) Knocks the plaster off.
(b) Paints it red.
(c) Lifts it.
(d) Shatters the glass ceiling completely.
10. What is Mrs. Penworthy good at?
(a) Giving advice.
(d) Mother's sack race.
11. Who is Comrade Butt?
(a) Towering giant of an intellectual.
(b) Soldier in the Confederate army.
(c) Short, shriveled chap who loves Charlotte.
(d) British airman.
12. Where does Bertie go to hear the people giving speeches?
(b) Marble Arch end of the park.
(c) House of Commons.
(d) House of Lords.
13. Who else is coming to lunch, according to Bobbie Wickham?
(a) Small boy.
(b) Romance novelist.
(c) Local vicar.
(d) Newspaper writer.
14. Who is Harold, the page boy?
(a) Favorite in the Choir Boys' Hundred Yards Handicap.
(b) Best boy soprano in the area.
(c) Bingo's arch nemesis.
(d) Turner of pages in the musical.
15. Who will be in attendance at the club?
(a) Classical musicians.
(b) Opera lovers.
(d) Costermongers and whelk-stall owners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Lord Bittlesham give his nephew to investigate the situation?
2. What does Bertie do when he encounters the lunch visitors?
3. Where is Beefy Bingham working?
4. What does young Master Blumenfeld compare Bertie to?
5. What is Bingo's problem with the name of his beloved in Chapter 11?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)