|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "Pipped on the Post"?
(a) Jargon for lame horse.
(b) Racing novel.
(c) Bertie's favorite song.
(d) Bingo's new poem.
2. How does Bertie describe the performance of Ocean Breeze at Goodwood?
(a) Faster than the speed of light.
(b) Nearly came in first in the next race.
(c) Zounds! Astounding! Zounding!
(d) Rummy beyond all description.
3. How much does Lord Bittlesham give his nephew to investigate the situation?
4. Who wakes Bertie at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(d) Aunt Agatha.
5. Who was the disguised speaker?
(b) Bob Hope.
(c) Bingo Little.
(d) Cousin Edwin.
6. What are the boys betting on in the Great Sermon Handicap?
(a) Worst sermon.
(b) Best sermon.
(c) Height of preacher.
(d) Length of sermon.
7. What can Prudence do?
(a) Deliver mug of beer without spilling a drop.
(b) Stand on one leg for hours.
(c) Jump off the shed roof into the soft gorse bushes.
(d) Run like the wind.
8. What is one of the races under consideration?
(a) Three-legged dwarf race.
(b) Racehorses to the ready.
(c) Mother's sack race.
(d) Backwards through the creek race.
9. What does Bertie do when he encounters the lunch visitors?
(a) Laughs hollowly and passes on.
(b) Gives them all his money.
(d) Screams like a banshee.
10. What is Mrs. Penworthy good at?
(b) Giving advice.
(d) Mother's sack race.
11. Where does Bertie go to hear the people giving speeches?
(a) House of Lords.
(c) Marble Arch end of the park.
(d) House of Commons.
12. What it is that Tuppy Glossop has come to tell Bertie?
(a) Sir Roderick has left him a white horse.
(b) He needs money.
(c) Revenge is sweet.
(d) He is engaged to Cora Bellinger.
13. What is the betting proposition in Chapter 12?
(b) Village races.
(c) Election results.
(d) Hounds and rabbits.
14. What explodes at evening service?
(a) Altar candles.
(d) Small grenade.
15. Who is Little Prudence Baxter?
(a) Child of his Lordship's head gardener.
(b) Bertie's crazy little niece.
(c) Bingo's daughter.
(d) Gertrude's secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bingo wake Bertie up with before his tea?
2. What is the name of Beefy Bingham's club?
3. Who is Harold, the page boy?
4. Who is Comrade Butt?
5. What do both Steggles and Harold have in common?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)