|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mr. Blumenfeld's profession?
(a) Nerve specialist.
(b) Cleaner of fish tanks.
(c) Theatrical manager.
2. What did Bobbie Wickham give Mr. Blumenfeld?
(a) Aunt Agatha's dog.
(b) Weather report.
(d) Her phone number.
3. How does Bertie describe the performance of Ocean Breeze at Goodwood?
(a) Rummy beyond all description.
(b) Zounds! Astounding! Zounding!
(c) Nearly came in first in the next race.
(d) Faster than the speed of light.
4. What is old Bittlesham upset about receiving?
(a) Impossibly large bill from the club.
(b) Threatening letter.
(c) Six months to live.
(d) Blow to the stomach.
5. What is Bingo's problem with the name of his beloved in Chapter 11?
(a) Bohemia is an odd name.
(b) Cynthia doesn't rhyme with anything.
(c) Jane is too plain.
(d) Maria is common.
6. Who is Comrade Butt?
(a) Short, shriveled chap who loves Charlotte.
(b) Soldier in the Confederate army.
(c) British airman.
(d) Towering giant of an intellectual.
7. Who engineered the beard pulling?
(a) Charlotte, rashly.
(b) Bingo, surprisingly.
(c) Bertie, for once.
(d) Jeeves, of course.
8. What does Bingo wake Bertie up with before his tea?
(a) Kippers and toast.
(b) Poetry reading.
(c) Cold water in the face.
(d) Hot toddy.
9. In Chapter 10, where does Bingo take his new love for a date?
10. What is the betting proposition in Chapter 12?
(b) Village races.
(c) Hounds and rabbits.
(d) Election results.
11. Who owns the horse Ocean Breeze?
(b) Lord Bittlesham.
(d) Bingo Little.
12. What can Prudence do?
(a) Run like the wind.
(b) Jump off the shed roof into the soft gorse bushes.
(c) Deliver mug of beer without spilling a drop.
(d) Stand on one leg for hours.
13. What does old Rowbotham want to do?
(a) Massacre the bourgeoisie.
(b) Run away with the circus.
(c) Sing for the queen.
(d) Become a fireman.
14. Who does he hear on Sunday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) English teachers.
(b) Jamaican freedom fighters.
(c) Heralds of the Red Dawn.
(d) Socialists from Russia.
15. Who will be in attendance at the club?
(a) Costermongers and whelk-stall owners.
(c) Classical musicians.
(d) Opera lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of old Wickhammersley's youngest daughter?
2. Who breaks up the fight between Bingo and Butt?
3. Who is Sarah Mills?
4. Where is Beefy Bingham working?
5. What explodes at evening service?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)