|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harold, the page boy?
(a) Bingo's arch nemesis.
(b) Best boy soprano in the area.
(c) Favorite in the Choir Boys' Hundred Yards Handicap.
(d) Turner of pages in the musical.
2. Why does the owner of Ocean Breeze not bet on his own horse?
(a) His wife forbids it.
(b) Betting is against his principles.
(c) He forgets to.
(d) He knows the horse will lose.
3. What is Bertie singing in his bath at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) "Pop Goes the Weasel."
(b) "Sonny Boy."
(c) "Sunrise, Sunset."
(d) "Bubbles That Pop."
4. What is Lord Bittlesham's actual first name, according to Bingo?
5. Who owns the horse Ocean Breeze?
(c) Bingo Little.
(d) Lord Bittlesham.
6. Who is working at Twing Hall in Chapter 11?
(a) Bingo Little.
(b) Rev. Starkie.
(c) Rev. Joseph Tucker.
(d) Bertie and Jeeves.
7. What is Bingo planning to sing at the club?
(a) "Adagio #5."
(b) "Sonny Boy."
(c) "Homeward Bound."
(d) "America, the Beautiful."
8. What did Bobbie Wickham give Mr. Blumenfeld?
(a) Her phone number.
(c) Aunt Agatha's dog.
(d) Weather report.
9. What does Bertie do when he encounters the lunch visitors?
(b) Screams like a banshee.
(c) Gives them all his money.
(d) Laughs hollowly and passes on.
10. Who pulls off Bingo's beard?
(a) Lord Bittlesham.
(c) Comrade Butt.
11. Who does he hear on Sunday morning in Chapter 9?
(a) Heralds of the Red Dawn.
(b) Socialists from Russia.
(c) Jamaican freedom fighters.
(d) English teachers.
12. What is "Pipped on the Post"?
(a) Bingo's new poem.
(b) Racing novel.
(c) Jargon for lame horse.
(d) Bertie's favorite song.
13. What is Mrs. Penworthy good at?
(b) Mother's sack race.
(d) Giving advice.
14. Why does Aunt Agatha leave her dog with Bertie?
(a) She is gone to Aix-les-Bains.
(b) The dog has fleas.
(c) She wants Bertie to train the dog.
(d) Agatha is allergic to the dog.
15. Who engineered the beard pulling?
(a) Jeeves, of course.
(b) Charlotte, rashly.
(c) Bingo, surprisingly.
(d) Bertie, for once.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Comrade Butt?
2. How much money does Bertie give Jeeves at the end of Chapter 10?
3. Where does Bertie go to hear the people giving speeches?
4. What does young Master Blumenfeld compare Bertie to?
5. Who does Bertie meet while listening to the speakers?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)