|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Bertie's previous valet?
2. What happened to Willoughby and Florence's father in 1887?
(a) They were born into nobility.
(b) Both were thrown out of a music hall.
(c) They fought in the Prussian-Russian war.
(d) They ran off with the circus.
3. Who is Spenser?
(a) Aunt Agatha's butler.
(b) Vicar of renown.
(c) Solver of crimes.
(d) Digger of gardens.
4. What size hat must Glossop wear?
5. Where do the Glossops live?
(c) Central London.
6. What is in the pick-me-up drink Jeeves brings to Bertie that first fateful morning?
(a) Worcestershirer sauce, raw egg, and red pepper.
(b) Eye of the dog.
(c) Gin, vodka, and bourbon.
(d) Coffee and walnut juice.
7. What souvenirs had the Oxford boys picked up in London?
(a) Cats, fish, and a hat.
(b) Cuts and bruises from a bar brawl.
(c) London Bridge and Big Ben salt-and-pepper shakers.
(d) Bertie's fiver, three bus tickets, and a hangover.
8. What is the name of the pink-faced chappie?
(b) Old Dog-face, Lord Rainsby.
(c) Edwin Craye.
9. Who is Sir Roderick?
(a) Aunt Agatha's royal consort.
(b) Keeper of the family swans.
(c) Ancient knight on the family crest.
(d) Honoria's father.
10. What does Bertie do after he drinks the hangover libation?
(a) Jumps out the window.
(b) Does a little jig.
(c) Throws up.
(d) Hires Jeeves as his valet.
11. What is Sir Roderick Glossop's head like?
(a) Dense dark forest of northern Germany.
(b) Wheat fields of Kansas.
(c) Dome of St. Paul's.
(d) Death Valley.
12. What does Jeeves like about Monte Carlo?
(a) Gambling at the tables.
(c) His elderly Aunt Griselda lives there.
13. How does Bertie describe Jeeves upon meeting him at the door for the first time?
(a) Man with a mission.
(b) Man with a funeral parlor smile.
(c) Darkish sort of respectful Johnnie.
(d) Silly gobber with a bowler on.
14. What is the breakfast that fortifies Bertie in Chapter 6?
(b) Dry toast.
(c) Fried eggs and bacon.
(d) Coffee and kippers.
15. Why is Jeeves disappointed at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Politics are depressing him.
(b) Monte Carlo trip is canceled by Bertie.
(c) Bertie has forgotten his name.
(d) The eggs came out badly for breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Claude and Eustace related?
2. What does Sir Roderick NOT partake of?
3. What is the blow in Chapter 4?
4. Who does Bertie run into at Buck's?
5. What type of small animal does Sir Roderick particularly dislike?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)