|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the breakfast that fortifies Bertie in Chapter 6?
(b) Dry toast.
(c) Fried eggs and bacon.
(d) Coffee and kippers.
2. What does Lord Worplesdon like to dine in?
(a) Dress trousers, flannel shirt, and shooting coat.
(b) Full dress tuxedo with tails.
(c) The nude.
3. What type of swimming stroke does Oswald excel at?
(b) Underwater shark attack.
(c) Australian crawl.
4. What souvenirs had the Oxford boys picked up in London?
(a) Cuts and bruises from a bar brawl.
(b) London Bridge and Big Ben salt-and-pepper shakers.
(c) Cats, fish, and a hat.
(d) Bertie's fiver, three bus tickets, and a hangover.
5. Where does Bertie live?
(a) Meadowsweet Hall, Northhampshire.
(b) #10 Downing Street, C.
(c) #6, Crichton Mansions, Berkeley Street, W.
(d) #909 Last Ditch Effort, Witherspoon, S.
6. What is the problem with Bertie's scheme in Chapter 3?
(a) Honoria is not easily impressed by such things.
(b) Honoria thinks he's doing it because he is in love with her.
(c) Honoria is blinded by the light.
(d) He can't swim.
7. What is in the pick-me-up drink Jeeves brings to Bertie that first fateful morning?
(a) Coffee and walnut juice.
(b) Gin, vodka, and bourbon.
(c) Eye of the dog.
(d) Worcestershirer sauce, raw egg, and red pepper.
8. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
(a) Like the Scotch express going under a bridge.
(b) Angels on holiday.
(c) Tinkling fairy bubbles bursting.
(d) Great rumbling lashes of thunderous jolliness.
9. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
(a) "Get away from my daughter."
(b) "Where's my money?"
(c) "Go to hell and don't come back!"
(d) "Ha, young man!"
10. What is Sir Roderick Glossop's head like?
(a) Death Valley.
(b) Wheat fields of Kansas.
(c) Dense dark forest of northern Germany.
(d) Dome of St. Paul's.
11. What is supposed to happen when Bertie throws Oswald in the water?
(a) Oswald drowns.
(b) Bingo is to come and rescue Oswald.
(c) Honoria will row the boat out to get her brother.
(d) Bertie instructs the lad in swimming.
12. How much water does Bertie wring out of his wet clothing?
(a) Two and a half cups.
(b) Waterfalls and geysers of liquid.
(c) A mere drop.
(d) A gallon or two.
13. Who is Sir Roderick?
(a) Aunt Agatha's royal consort.
(b) Honoria's father.
(c) Ancient knight on the family crest.
(d) Keeper of the family swans.
14. In Chapter 5, what happens to Sir Roderick on his taxi ride on his way to visit Bertie for lunch?
(a) His taxi has a flat.
(b) He taxi driver is arrested for speeding.
(c) His hat is snatched from his head.
(d) The roof flies off his taxi.
15. What had Honoria been doing to Bertie between Chapters 3 and 4?
(a) Chasing him around the breakfast nook.
(b) Letting him relax and be himself.
(c) Scolding him.
(d) Molding him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Willoughby and Florence's father in 1887?
2. Who is Edwin?
3. What does Sir Roderick protect himself against the cats with?
4. In Chapter 3, what is the first way Bertie describes Honoria Glossop's laugh?
5. Who does Bertie run into at Buck's?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)