|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, when does the blow fall?
(a) Dinner cocktail hour.
(b) Crack of dawn.
(c) One forty-five.
(d) High noon.
2. What does Sir Roderick suspect of Bertie?
(a) Bertie is a communist.
(b) Bertie pushed Oswald into the pond.
(c) Bertie is completely insane.
(d) Bertie is mildly insane.
3. What sent Worplesdon to France forever?
(b) Financial scandal.
(c) Stomach problems.
(d) An opera Singer named Giselle.
4. What is Sir Roderick Glossop's head like?
(a) Death Valley.
(b) Wheat fields of Kansas.
(c) Dense dark forest of northern Germany.
(d) Dome of St. Paul's.
5. What does Jeeves serve Sir Roderick for lunch in Chapter 4?
(a) Three bread sticks and orange juice.
(b) Carrot soup, celery salad, and cabbage juice.
(c) Cold consomme', cutlet, a savory, and iced lemon squash.
(d) Black forest ham sandwiches and pickles.
6. Who is Lord Rainsby?
(a) Bertie's financial adviser.
(b) Dark and looming next door neighbor.
(c) Earl of Danchet's son.
(d) Sir Roderick's arch nemesis.
7. How does Bertie describe Honoria Glossop?
(a) Good, solid, generous woman.
(b) A pot of poison.
(c) Sweet as pie.
(d) The girl that got away.
8. Where has Bertie been invited for Christmas?
(a) Lake Lucerne.
(c) Monte Carlo.
9. What souvenirs had the Oxford boys picked up in London?
(a) Cuts and bruises from a bar brawl.
(b) Cats, fish, and a hat.
(c) London Bridge and Big Ben salt-and-pepper shakers.
(d) Bertie's fiver, three bus tickets, and a hangover.
10. What does "S to the core" mean?
(a) S turn to the core.
(b) Shaken to the core.
(c) So so to the core.
(d) South to the core.
11. Why is Jeeves disappointed at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Bertie has forgotten his name.
(b) The eggs came out badly for breakfast.
(c) Monte Carlo trip is canceled by Bertie.
(d) Politics are depressing him.
12. Who is the butler for Uncle Willoughby?
13. How are Claude and Eustace related?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Distant fourth cousins.
(d) Bitter rivals.
14. What is the name of Uncle Willoughby's book?
(a) The left hand is quicker.
(b) Willoughby and the fair maiden.
(c) Things I wish I'd done sooner.
(d) Recollections of a Long Life.
15. What does Bertie plan to offer Sir Roderick for lunch?
(a) Carrots, celery, and cabbage.
(b) Pig hocks and orange juice.
(c) Hot ham water.
(d) Dog biscuit and glass of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with Bertie's scheme in Chapter 3?
2. How does Bertie describe Lady Wickham?
3. In Chapter 1, what is the title of the book Florence has given Bertie to read?
4. Who is poor Uncle Henry?
5. What is "the kid's" general response to Bertie in Chapter 2 when he meets him on the bridge?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)