|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size hat must Glossop wear?
2. What was Bertie's major challenge in the set-up of Chapter 3?
(a) Getting Honoria there in due season.
(b) Training the fish.
(c) Draining the pond.
(d) Cloud cover.
3. Who is Honoria Glossop?
(a) Local bathing beauty.
(b) Oxford don.
(c) Elder sister of the boy Oswald, whom Bingo is tutoring.
(d) School headmistress at Bingington.
4. What is the name of Bertie's previous valet?
5. How are Claude and Eustace related?
(b) Father and son.
(c) Distant fourth cousins.
(d) Bitter rivals.
6. How does Oswald get out of the pond?
(a) The pond is only waist high, so he walks out.
(b) Birds lift him up by the hair and rescue him.
(c) A large metal hook is used to fish him out.
(d) He swims to shore by himself.
7. What does Honoria tell the wet Bertie to do?
(a) Run up to the house and change his wet clothes.
(b) Go back to London and dry off.
(c) Lie on the green grass until the sun dries him.
(d) Shake off like a wet dog.
8. How much water does Bertie wring out of his wet clothing?
(a) Waterfalls and geysers of liquid.
(b) A mere drop.
(c) A gallon or two.
(d) Two and a half cups.
9. How does Bertie describe Jeeves upon meeting him at the door for the first time?
(a) Man with a mission.
(b) Man with a funeral parlor smile.
(c) Darkish sort of respectful Johnnie.
(d) Silly gobber with a bowler on.
10. Who is Spenser?
(a) Solver of crimes.
(b) Vicar of renown.
(c) Digger of gardens.
(d) Aunt Agatha's butler.
11. What actually happens when Bertie throws Oswald into the water?
(a) Jeeves saves the day.
(b) Oswald pulls Bertie in with him.
(c) Honoria comes and pushes Bertie in.
(d) Nothing. Bingo isn't in position.
12. Who is Edwin?
(a) Bertie's illegitimate son.
(b) Florence Craye's young brother.
(c) Aunt Agatha's husband.
(d) Sub-butler to Willoughby.
13. What is the name of Uncle Willoughby's book?
(a) Willoughby and the fair maiden.
(b) Things I wish I'd done sooner.
(c) The left hand is quicker.
(d) Recollections of a Long Life.
14. What does Aunt Agatha call Jeeves?
(b) Bertie's keeper.
(c) Old Fish for Brains.
(d) Sweetie Pie.
15. What does Honoria think she can do with Bertie?
(a) Learn from all his wisdom and knowledge.
(b) Send him to fire rescue school.
(c) Swim the English Channel with him.
(d) Make something of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Roderick?
2. How does Jeeves describe Bertie to the temporary valet replacement?
3. Whom does Honoria bring back with her upon her arrival home in Chapter 3?
4. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
5. Who is poor Uncle Henry?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)