|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bertie's uncle Willoughby live?
(a) Southby in London.
(b) Westbie in Wales.
(c) Courtsey in Northern Ireland.
(d) Easeby in Shropshire.
2. What is the breakfast that fortifies Bertie in Chapter 6?
(b) Fried eggs and bacon.
(c) Dry toast.
(d) Coffee and kippers.
3. How are Claude and Eustace related?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Bitter rivals.
(c) Distant fourth cousins.
4. What is supposed to happen when Bertie throws Oswald in the water?
(a) Bertie instructs the lad in swimming.
(b) Oswald drowns.
(c) Bingo is to come and rescue Oswald.
(d) Honoria will row the boat out to get her brother.
5. When Bertie needs inspiration, what does he ask?
(a) How do I start and when?
(b) How can I impress my aunt?
(c) Where's the money trail?
(d) What would Jeeves have done?
6. What does Sir Roderick NOT partake of?
(a) Bright vegetables starting with the letter "C."
(b) Meat and potatoes.
(c) Wine, coffee, complex foods, and smoking.
(d) Snuff, hard liquor, and absinthe.
7. What size hat must Glossop wear?
8. What is Sir Roderick president of?
(a) West London Branch of the Anti-Gambling league.
(b) British Society of Anachronistic Ephemera.
(c) Dithering Collection of Silver Collectors.
(d) Gardening Guides of North Etherington.
9. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
(a) Angels on holiday.
(b) Tinkling fairy bubbles bursting.
(c) Great rumbling lashes of thunderous jolliness.
(d) Like the Scotch express going under a bridge.
10. What type of small animal does Sir Roderick particularly dislike?
11. What is "the kid's" general response to Bertie in Chapter 2 when he meets him on the bridge?
(a) "Police! Police!"
(b) "Oh, all right."
(c) "Out of my way, carbuncle."
(d) "Yahoo! It's you!"
12. What does Aunt Agatha call Jeeves?
(a) Old Fish for Brains.
(b) Bertie's keeper.
(d) Sweetie Pie.
13. What does Honoria think she can do with Bertie?
(a) Swim the English Channel with him.
(b) Make something of him.
(c) Learn from all his wisdom and knowledge.
(d) Send him to fire rescue school.
14. What actually happens when Bertie throws Oswald into the water?
(a) Honoria comes and pushes Bertie in.
(b) Jeeves saves the day.
(c) Nothing. Bingo isn't in position.
(d) Oswald pulls Bertie in with him.
15. How does Oswald get out of the pond?
(a) A large metal hook is used to fish him out.
(b) He swims to shore by himself.
(c) Birds lift him up by the hair and rescue him.
(d) The pond is only waist high, so he walks out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertie feel like when submerged in the pond?
2. What is Ditteredge?
3. Whom is Bertie engaged to in Chapter 1?
4. How does a gentleman like Bertie keep his shirts closed?
5. What is under Bertie's bed that the cats want?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)