|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is supposed to happen when Bertie throws Oswald in the water?
(a) Oswald drowns.
(b) Bingo is to come and rescue Oswald.
(c) Bertie instructs the lad in swimming.
(d) Honoria will row the boat out to get her brother.
2. When Bingo sees Dalphne, what happens?
(a) He falls in love at first sight.
(b) A dog bites him.
(c) He trips and falls in a rabbit hole.
(d) Roses appear falling as if from the clouds.
3. In Chapter 2, whom does Bertie describe as a plague spot?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
4. What, according to Bertie, is the essence of rescue?
(a) The drinks afterward.
(b) To save the victim.
(c) A big audience.
(d) That one has tried.
5. Why are Claude amd Euastace arrested?
(a) Running from the police.
(b) Stealing hats and cats.
(c) Driving on the wrong side of road.
(d) Trying to pinch a motor lorry.
6. What is Sir Roderick Glossop's head like?
(a) Wheat fields of Kansas.
(b) Death Valley.
(c) Dense dark forest of northern Germany.
(d) Dome of St. Paul's.
7. Why is Jeeves disappointed at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Monte Carlo trip is canceled by Bertie.
(b) Politics are depressing him.
(c) The eggs came out badly for breakfast.
(d) Bertie has forgotten his name.
8. Who is Sir Roderick?
(a) Ancient knight on the family crest.
(b) Honoria's father.
(c) Keeper of the family swans.
(d) Aunt Agatha's royal consort.
9. What does Jeeves serve Sir Roderick for lunch in Chapter 4?
(a) Black forest ham sandwiches and pickles.
(b) Three bread sticks and orange juice.
(c) Cold consomme', cutlet, a savory, and iced lemon squash.
(d) Carrot soup, celery salad, and cabbage juice.
10. What size hat must Glossop wear?
11. What does Bertie feel like when submerged in the pond?
(a) Like a fish out of water.
(b) Pond scum.
(c) Clammy and bloated.
(d) Triton on a picnic.
12. What is "the kid's" general response to Bertie in Chapter 2 when he meets him on the bridge?
(a) "Police! Police!"
(b) "Oh, all right."
(c) "Yahoo! It's you!"
(d) "Out of my way, carbuncle."
13. Who is at the top of Sir Roderick's list of "Loonies I have Lunched With"?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
(b) Bertie Wooster.
(c) Henry IV.
(d) Tuppy Glossop.
14. What does Bertie plan to offer Sir Roderick for lunch?
(a) Dog biscuit and glass of water.
(b) Hot ham water.
(c) Pig hocks and orange juice.
(d) Carrots, celery, and cabbage.
15. What type of small animal does Sir Roderick particularly dislike?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aunt Agatha call Jeeves?
2. Who is Honoria Glossop?
3. In Chapter 2, whom is the girl Aunt Agatha wants Bertie to marry?
4. In Chapter 2, what does Aunt Agatha believe that the right wife would do for Bertie?
5. How does Bertie describe Florence in Chapter 1?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)