|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Edwin?
(a) Bertie's illegitimate son.
(b) Aunt Agatha's husband.
(c) Florence Craye's young brother.
(d) Sub-butler to Willoughby.
2. What is the name of Bertie's previous valet?
3. What does Lord Worplesdon like to dine in?
(a) Full dress tuxedo with tails.
(b) The nude.
(d) Dress trousers, flannel shirt, and shooting coat.
4. Who is Mrs. Spenser Gregson?
(a) Bertie's annoying neighbor.
(b) Bob Gregson's mother.
(c) Bertie's Aunt Agatha.
(d) Local newspaper reporter.
5. What is in the pick-me-up drink Jeeves brings to Bertie that first fateful morning?
(a) Coffee and walnut juice.
(b) Gin, vodka, and bourbon.
(c) Eye of the dog.
(d) Worcestershirer sauce, raw egg, and red pepper.
6. What does Bertie recommend doing to the child on the bridge?
(a) Send him to boarding school.
(b) Get him to cut the lawn.
(c) Shove him in the pond.
(d) Teach him Latin.
7. How are Claude and Eustace related?
(a) Father and son.
(c) Distant fourth cousins.
(d) Bitter rivals.
8. Where has Bertie been invited for Christmas?
(a) Lake Lucerne.
(c) Monte Carlo.
9. What does Honoria think she can do with Bertie?
(a) Make something of him.
(b) Send him to fire rescue school.
(c) Swim the English Channel with him.
(d) Learn from all his wisdom and knowledge.
10. What type of swimming stroke does Oswald excel at?
(b) Underwater shark attack.
(c) Australian crawl.
11. What is the problem with Bertie's scheme in Chapter 3?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) Honoria is blinded by the light.
(c) Honoria thinks he's doing it because he is in love with her.
(d) Honoria is not easily impressed by such things.
12. What had Honoria been doing to Bertie between Chapters 3 and 4?
(a) Letting him relax and be himself.
(b) Chasing him around the breakfast nook.
(c) Scolding him.
(d) Molding him.
13. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
(a) "Ha, young man!"
(b) "Go to hell and don't come back!"
(c) "Where's my money?"
(d) "Get away from my daughter."
14. How does Jeeves describe Bertie to the temporary valet replacement?
(a) A piece of cake.
(b) Bulldog with teeth.
(c) Mentally negligible.
(d) Man among men.
15. In Chapter 2, whom does Bertie describe as a plague spot?
(a) Aunt Agatha.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a gentleman like Bertie keep his shirts closed?
2. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
3. Who is Lord Rainsby?
4. When Bertie needs inspiration, what does he ask?
5. Who is Spenser?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)