|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the blow in Chapter 4?
(a) Earthquake hits.
(b) Oswald throws a dinner roll at Bertie.
(c) Honoria decides to fire Jeeves.
(d) Winds of Sahara blow Bertie over.
2. What does Sir Roderick NOT partake of?
(a) Wine, coffee, complex foods, and smoking.
(b) Bright vegetables starting with the letter "C."
(c) Snuff, hard liquor, and absinthe.
(d) Meat and potatoes.
3. What is Ditteredge?
(a) Ruins of an ancient Roman church.
(b) Hotbed of gentlemen's fashion.
(c) Small hamlet just west of Bidderedge.
(d) Country estate belonging to the Glossops.
4. Who is Mrs. Spenser Gregson?
(a) Bertie's Aunt Agatha.
(b) Local newspaper reporter.
(c) Bertie's annoying neighbor.
(d) Bob Gregson's mother.
5. What had Honoria been doing to Bertie between Chapters 3 and 4?
(a) Scolding him.
(b) Letting him relax and be himself.
(c) Molding him.
(d) Chasing him around the breakfast nook.
6. Whom does Honoria bring back with her upon her arrival home in Chapter 3?
(a) Angry mob.
(c) Braythwayt girl.
(d) Bertie's keeper.
7. What actually happens when Bertie throws Oswald into the water?
(a) Honoria comes and pushes Bertie in.
(b) Jeeves saves the day.
(c) Oswald pulls Bertie in with him.
(d) Nothing. Bingo isn't in position.
8. What does Aunt Agatha call Jeeves?
(a) Bertie's keeper.
(b) Old Fish for Brains.
(d) Sweetie Pie.
9. What does Bertie feel like when submerged in the pond?
(a) Clammy and bloated.
(b) Like a fish out of water.
(c) Triton on a picnic.
(d) Pond scum.
10. How does Bertie describe Honoria Glossop?
(a) Good, solid, generous woman.
(b) Sweet as pie.
(c) The girl that got away.
(d) A pot of poison.
11. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
(a) "Go to hell and don't come back!"
(b) "Where's my money?"
(c) "Ha, young man!"
(d) "Get away from my daughter."
12. What is the name of Uncle Willoughby's book?
(a) Recollections of a Long Life.
(b) Things I wish I'd done sooner.
(c) The left hand is quicker.
(d) Willoughby and the fair maiden.
13. Who is Sir Roderick?
(a) Honoria's father.
(b) Aunt Agatha's royal consort.
(c) Keeper of the family swans.
(d) Ancient knight on the family crest.
14. What kind of establishment is Buck's?
(a) Fish-and-chips shop.
(c) Oyster bar.
(d) Gentlemen's club.
15. What happened to Willoughby and Florence's father in 1887?
(a) They ran off with the circus.
(b) Both were thrown out of a music hall.
(c) They fought in the Prussian-Russian war.
(d) They were born into nobility.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much water does Bertie wring out of his wet clothing?
2. What is Sir Roderick president of?
3. What does Sir Roderick suspect of Bertie?
4. What does Bertie recommend doing to the child on the bridge?
5. When Bertie arrives in Ditteredge, where is Honoria?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)