|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with Bertie's scheme in Chapter 3?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) Honoria is blinded by the light.
(c) Honoria is not easily impressed by such things.
(d) Honoria thinks he's doing it because he is in love with her.
2. Who is Honoria Glossop?
(a) School headmistress at Bingington.
(b) Oxford don.
(c) Elder sister of the boy Oswald, whom Bingo is tutoring.
(d) Local bathing beauty.
3. What was Bertie's major challenge in the set-up of Chapter 3?
(a) Draining the pond.
(b) Getting Honoria there in due season.
(c) Cloud cover.
(d) Training the fish.
4. Why does Bingo Little love little Oswald?
(a) It's what he's paid to do.
(b) For Her sake.
(c) He thinks he's a little darling.
(d) For his mind.
5. Who is poor Uncle Henry?
(a) Extremely poverty-stricken brother of Agatha.
(b) Blot on the Wooster escutcheon.
(c) Bad horse to bet on.
(d) Illegitimate son of Henry IV.
6. In Chapter 3, what is the first way Bertie describes Honoria Glossop's laugh?
(a) Like sweet birds on a bright spring morning.
(b) Trilling as a brook let loose.
(c) Rather like a train going into a tunnel.
(d) Breaking of a dam.
7. What is Ditteredge?
(a) Country estate belonging to the Glossops.
(b) Ruins of an ancient Roman church.
(c) Small hamlet just west of Bidderedge.
(d) Hotbed of gentlemen's fashion.
8. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
(a) Angels on holiday.
(b) Great rumbling lashes of thunderous jolliness.
(c) Tinkling fairy bubbles bursting.
(d) Like the Scotch express going under a bridge.
9. What does Florence want Bertie to do with Willoughby's manuscript?
(a) Get it signed by the author.
(b) Steal and destroy it.
(c) Change details about her.
(d) Translate it into French.
10. Whom does Honoria bring back with her upon her arrival home in Chapter 3?
(a) Bertie's keeper.
(c) Braythwayt girl.
(d) Angry mob.
11. What is the blow in Chapter 4?
(a) Oswald throws a dinner roll at Bertie.
(b) Earthquake hits.
(c) Winds of Sahara blow Bertie over.
(d) Honoria decides to fire Jeeves.
12. In Chapter 2, whom is the girl Aunt Agatha wants Bertie to marry?
(a) Bobbie Fisher.
(b) Mary Madelene.
(c) Honoria Glossop.
(d) Florence Craye.
13. When Bertie arrives in Ditteredge, where is Honoria?
(a) Swimming in the pond.
(b) Running a marathon.
(c) Teaching Classical Greek to the young.
(d) Visiting the Braythwayts.
14. Who is at the top of Sir Roderick's list of "Loonies I have Lunched With"?
(a) Bertie Wooster.
(b) Tuppy Glossop.
(c) Henry IV.
(d) Aunt Agatha.
15. At the beginning of Chapter 4, when does the blow fall?
(a) Crack of dawn.
(b) Dinner cocktail hour.
(c) High noon.
(d) One forty-five.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeeves like about Monte Carlo?
2. What does Jeeves generally do with his emotions?
3. What does Bertie plan to offer Sir Roderick for lunch?
4. Why is Jeeves disappointed at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Who is Daphne Braythwayt?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)