|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cats are in Bertie's flat when Glossop is lunching?
2. What does "S to the core" mean?
(a) Shaken to the core.
(b) South to the core.
(c) So so to the core.
(d) S turn to the core.
3. What does Jeeves serve Sir Roderick for lunch in Chapter 4?
(a) Carrot soup, celery salad, and cabbage juice.
(b) Three bread sticks and orange juice.
(c) Black forest ham sandwiches and pickles.
(d) Cold consomme', cutlet, a savory, and iced lemon squash.
4. Where does Bertie live?
(a) Meadowsweet Hall, Northhampshire.
(b) #6, Crichton Mansions, Berkeley Street, W.
(c) #10 Downing Street, C.
(d) #909 Last Ditch Effort, Witherspoon, S.
5. Who delays Glossop at his club before his lunch with Bertie?
(a) Lord Alastar Hungerford.
(b) Aunt Agatha.
(c) Queen Aladama.
(d) Honoria, his daughter.
6. What is Bingo's charge fishing for on the bridge?
(c) Sea bass.
(d) Koi fish.
7. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
(a) Tinkling fairy bubbles bursting.
(b) Angels on holiday.
(c) Like the Scotch express going under a bridge.
(d) Great rumbling lashes of thunderous jolliness.
8. What sent Worplesdon to France forever?
(a) An opera Singer named Giselle.
(b) Financial scandal.
(c) Stomach problems.
9. How does a gentleman like Bertie keep his shirts closed?
10. What is Sir Roderick Glossop's head like?
(a) Dense dark forest of northern Germany.
(b) Death Valley.
(c) Wheat fields of Kansas.
(d) Dome of St. Paul's.
11. Whom does Honoria bring back with her upon her arrival home in Chapter 3?
(b) Braythwayt girl.
(c) Bertie's keeper.
(d) Angry mob.
12. What does Bertie feel like when submerged in the pond?
(a) Triton on a picnic.
(b) Like a fish out of water.
(c) Clammy and bloated.
(d) Pond scum.
13. Where does Bertie's uncle Willoughby live?
(a) Easeby in Shropshire.
(b) Southby in London.
(c) Westbie in Wales.
(d) Courtsey in Northern Ireland.
14. What souvenirs had the Oxford boys picked up in London?
(a) Bertie's fiver, three bus tickets, and a hangover.
(b) Cats, fish, and a hat.
(c) London Bridge and Big Ben salt-and-pepper shakers.
(d) Cuts and bruises from a bar brawl.
15. Who does Bertie run into at Buck's?
(a) Bingo Little.
(b) Bob White.
(c) Aunt Agatha.
(d) The king of England.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bertie describe Jeeves upon meeting him at the door for the first time?
2. What is Ditteredge?
3. What is supposed to happen when Bertie throws Oswald in the water?
4. Who is Daphne Braythwayt?
5. What club do Claude and Eustace want to join?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)