|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Edwin?
(a) Florence Craye's young brother.
(b) Bertie's illegitimate son.
(c) Aunt Agatha's husband.
(d) Sub-butler to Willoughby.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 4, when does the blow fall?
(a) One forty-five.
(b) Crack of dawn.
(c) Dinner cocktail hour.
(d) High noon.
3. What had Honoria been doing to Bertie between Chapters 3 and 4?
(a) Letting him relax and be himself.
(b) Scolding him.
(c) Molding him.
(d) Chasing him around the breakfast nook.
4. Who is Honoria Glossop?
(a) Elder sister of the boy Oswald, whom Bingo is tutoring.
(b) Local bathing beauty.
(c) Oxford don.
(d) School headmistress at Bingington.
5. How are Claude and Eustace related?
(a) Father and son.
(b) Distant fourth cousins.
(c) Bitter rivals.
6. What does Aunt Agatha call Jeeves?
(b) Sweetie Pie.
(c) Bertie's keeper.
(d) Old Fish for Brains.
7. In Chapter 5, what happens to Sir Roderick on his taxi ride on his way to visit Bertie for lunch?
(a) His hat is snatched from his head.
(b) His taxi has a flat.
(c) He taxi driver is arrested for speeding.
(d) The roof flies off his taxi.
8. What type of small animal does Sir Roderick particularly dislike?
9. In Chapter 2, whom is the girl Aunt Agatha wants Bertie to marry?
(a) Honoria Glossop.
(b) Florence Craye.
(c) Mary Madelene.
(d) Bobbie Fisher.
10. What is the name of the pink-faced chappie?
(a) Old Dog-face, Lord Rainsby.
(b) Edwin Craye.
11. What does Bertie plan to offer Sir Roderick for lunch?
(a) Carrots, celery, and cabbage.
(b) Dog biscuit and glass of water.
(c) Hot ham water.
(d) Pig hocks and orange juice.
12. When Bertie arrives in Ditteredge, where is Honoria?
(a) Swimming in the pond.
(b) Running a marathon.
(c) Visiting the Braythwayts.
(d) Teaching Classical Greek to the young.
13. What is the breakfast that fortifies Bertie in Chapter 6?
(b) Fried eggs and bacon.
(c) Dry toast.
(d) Coffee and kippers.
14. What sent Worplesdon to France forever?
(a) Stomach problems.
(b) An opera Singer named Giselle.
(c) Financial scandal.
15. What souvenirs had the Oxford boys picked up in London?
(a) Cuts and bruises from a bar brawl.
(b) Bertie's fiver, three bus tickets, and a hangover.
(c) Cats, fish, and a hat.
(d) London Bridge and Big Ben salt-and-pepper shakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the kid's" general response to Bertie in Chapter 2 when he meets him on the bridge?
2. Where does Bertie's uncle Willoughby live?
3. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
4. How does Bertie describe Florence in Chapter 1?
5. Who doesn't like Jeeves?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)