|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bingo describe Honoria Glossop?
(a) Wanted by the police.
(b) Tender goddess.
(c) Crazy, lazy lady.
(d) Harsh taskmaster.
2. How many cats are in Bertie's flat when Glossop is lunching?
3. What type of small animal does Sir Roderick particularly dislike?
4. What does Bertie feel like when submerged in the pond?
(a) Clammy and bloated.
(b) Like a fish out of water.
(c) Pond scum.
(d) Triton on a picnic.
5. What has Aunt Agatha convinced Sir Roderick of?
(a) Bertie is not actually insane.
(b) Eating in moderation is the key.
(c) The best tea comes from China.
(d) Taking a vacation is good.
6. What does Jeeves generally do with his emotions?
(a) Blushes and sputters.
(b) Doesn't have any.
(c) Expresses them easily and often.
(d) Cloaks them.
7. Who is Daphne Braythwayt?
(a) Health inspector.
(b) Mystery writer.
(c) Bingo Little's new love.
(d) Romance consultant.
8. When Bertie needs inspiration, what does he ask?
(a) How do I start and when?
(b) What would Jeeves have done?
(c) Where's the money trail?
(d) How can I impress my aunt?
9. What does "S to the core" mean?
(a) Shaken to the core.
(b) South to the core.
(c) S turn to the core.
(d) So so to the core.
10. In Chapter 2, whom does Bertie describe as a plague spot?
(c) Aunt Agatha.
11. In Chapter 2, what does Aunt Agatha believe that the right wife would do for Bertie?
(a) Make him rich.
(b) Mold him.
(c) Cook well for him.
(d) Give him community respect and status.
12. What is the name of Uncle Willoughby's book?
(a) The left hand is quicker.
(b) Willoughby and the fair maiden.
(c) Recollections of a Long Life.
(d) Things I wish I'd done sooner.
13. What happened to Willoughby and Florence's father in 1887?
(a) Both were thrown out of a music hall.
(b) They ran off with the circus.
(c) They fought in the Prussian-Russian war.
(d) They were born into nobility.
14. What is the problem with Bertie's scheme in Chapter 3?
(a) He can't swim.
(b) Honoria is blinded by the light.
(c) Honoria is not easily impressed by such things.
(d) Honoria thinks he's doing it because he is in love with her.
15. What is the blow in Chapter 4?
(a) Oswald throws a dinner roll at Bertie.
(b) Winds of Sahara blow Bertie over.
(c) Honoria decides to fire Jeeves.
(d) Earthquake hits.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
2. How does a gentleman like Bertie keep his shirts closed?
3. What is the reason Bertie wants to go to Skeldings?
4. Why are Claude amd Euastace arrested?
5. What does Sir Roderick protect himself against the cats with?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)