|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Florence want Bertie to do with Willoughby's manuscript?
(a) Change details about her.
(b) Get it signed by the author.
(c) Translate it into French.
(d) Steal and destroy it.
2. What is Sir Roderick's profession?
(b) Nerve specialist.
(c) Hockey player.
(d) Saver of damsels in distress.
3. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
(a) "Get away from my daughter."
(b) "Ha, young man!"
(c) "Where's my money?"
(d) "Go to hell and don't come back!"
4. What size hat must Glossop wear?
5. Who is poor Uncle Henry?
(a) Bad horse to bet on.
(b) Blot on the Wooster escutcheon.
(c) Extremely poverty-stricken brother of Agatha.
(d) Illegitimate son of Henry IV.
6. Where has Bertie been invited for Christmas?
(c) Lake Lucerne.
(d) Monte Carlo.
7. What is the name of Uncle Willoughby's book?
(a) The left hand is quicker.
(b) Things I wish I'd done sooner.
(c) Recollections of a Long Life.
(d) Willoughby and the fair maiden.
8. What is the reason Bertie wants to go to Skeldings?
(a) Get engaged to Roberta.
(b) Revenge upon Tuppy Glossop.
(c) Make better impression upon Sir Roderick.
(d) Hide from Aunt Agatha.
9. What is supposed to happen when Bertie throws Oswald in the water?
(a) Honoria will row the boat out to get her brother.
(b) Oswald drowns.
(c) Bertie instructs the lad in swimming.
(d) Bingo is to come and rescue Oswald.
10. What does Sir Roderick NOT partake of?
(a) Bright vegetables starting with the letter "C."
(b) Meat and potatoes.
(c) Wine, coffee, complex foods, and smoking.
(d) Snuff, hard liquor, and absinthe.
11. How does Oswald get out of the pond?
(a) Birds lift him up by the hair and rescue him.
(b) The pond is only waist high, so he walks out.
(c) A large metal hook is used to fish him out.
(d) He swims to shore by himself.
12. What type of small animal does Sir Roderick particularly dislike?
13. What does Honoria think she can do with Bertie?
(a) Send him to fire rescue school.
(b) Swim the English Channel with him.
(c) Make something of him.
(d) Learn from all his wisdom and knowledge.
14. How are Claude and Eustace related?
(b) Bitter rivals.
(c) Father and son.
(d) Distant fourth cousins.
15. Where are Claude and Eustace being educated?
(b) University of California.
(c) Pittsford Primary School.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bertie's major challenge in the set-up of Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 5, what happens to Sir Roderick on his taxi ride on his way to visit Bertie for lunch?
3. What does Jeeves like about Monte Carlo?
4. What is the problem with Bertie's scheme in Chapter 3?
5. How does a gentleman like Bertie keep his shirts closed?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)