|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Willoughby and Florence's father in 1887?
(a) Both were thrown out of a music hall.
(b) They were born into nobility.
(c) They fought in the Prussian-Russian war.
(d) They ran off with the circus.
2. What is the breakfast that fortifies Bertie in Chapter 6?
(b) Fried eggs and bacon.
(c) Dry toast.
(d) Coffee and kippers.
3. What has Aunt Agatha convinced Sir Roderick of?
(a) Eating in moderation is the key.
(b) The best tea comes from China.
(c) Bertie is not actually insane.
(d) Taking a vacation is good.
4. What size hat must Glossop wear?
5. What does the Duke of Ramfurline believe he is?
(a) King of Austria.
(c) Water sprite.
(d) Groundsman at Wimbledon.
6. What actually happens when Bertie throws Oswald into the water?
(a) Oswald pulls Bertie in with him.
(b) Jeeves saves the day.
(c) Nothing. Bingo isn't in position.
(d) Honoria comes and pushes Bertie in.
7. How does Bertie describe Jeeves' manner of walking?
(a) Clumps like the cows coming home.
(b) Firmly meets the earth with punctuation.
(c) Tiptoes thorough the tulips.
(d) Floats noiselessly like a healing zephyr.
8. Who delays Glossop at his club before his lunch with Bertie?
(a) Lord Alastar Hungerford.
(b) Queen Aladama.
(c) Aunt Agatha.
(d) Honoria, his daughter.
9. Where does Bertie's uncle Willoughby live?
(a) Southby in London.
(b) Courtsey in Northern Ireland.
(c) Westbie in Wales.
(d) Easeby in Shropshire.
10. Where do the Glossops live?
(a) Central London.
11. What is the name of the pink-faced chappie?
(b) Old Dog-face, Lord Rainsby.
(c) Edwin Craye.
12. What does Honoria tell the wet Bertie to do?
(a) Run up to the house and change his wet clothes.
(b) Lie on the green grass until the sun dries him.
(c) Shake off like a wet dog.
(d) Go back to London and dry off.
13. What does Sir Roderick say when he sees Bertie at Skeldings?
(a) "Ha, young man!"
(b) "Where's my money?"
(c) "Get away from my daughter."
(d) "Go to hell and don't come back!"
14. What had Honoria been doing to Bertie between Chapters 3 and 4?
(a) Molding him.
(b) Scolding him.
(c) Letting him relax and be himself.
(d) Chasing him around the breakfast nook.
15. In Chapter 3, what is the first way Bertie describes Honoria Glossop's laugh?
(a) Trilling as a brook let loose.
(b) Like sweet birds on a bright spring morning.
(c) Breaking of a dam.
(d) Rather like a train going into a tunnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sir Roderick?
2. What souvenirs had the Oxford boys picked up in London?
3. How are Claude and Eustace related?
4. What does Sir Roderick suspect of Bertie?
5. In Chapter 1, what is the title of the book Florence has given Bertie to read?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)