|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size hat must Glossop wear?
2. What does Bertie feel like when submerged in the pond?
(a) Like a fish out of water.
(b) Triton on a picnic.
(c) Clammy and bloated.
(d) Pond scum.
3. Where are Claude and Eustace being educated?
(a) Pittsford Primary School.
(b) University of California.
4. What type of small animal does Sir Roderick particularly dislike?
5. What type of swimming stroke does Oswald excel at?
(a) Australian crawl.
(c) Underwater shark attack.
6. In Chapter 2, whom is the girl Aunt Agatha wants Bertie to marry?
(a) Mary Madelene.
(b) Florence Craye.
(c) Bobbie Fisher.
(d) Honoria Glossop.
7. What does Bertie plan to offer Sir Roderick for lunch?
(a) Dog biscuit and glass of water.
(b) Hot ham water.
(c) Pig hocks and orange juice.
(d) Carrots, celery, and cabbage.
8. In Chapter 2, whom does Bertie describe as a plague spot?
(b) Aunt Agatha.
9. What is in the pick-me-up drink Jeeves brings to Bertie that first fateful morning?
(a) Worcestershirer sauce, raw egg, and red pepper.
(b) Coffee and walnut juice.
(c) Gin, vodka, and bourbon.
(d) Eye of the dog.
10. In Chapter 2, what does Aunt Agatha believe that the right wife would do for Bertie?
(a) Give him community respect and status.
(b) Make him rich.
(c) Cook well for him.
(d) Mold him.
11. Who is poor Uncle Henry?
(a) Bad horse to bet on.
(b) Blot on the Wooster escutcheon.
(c) Extremely poverty-stricken brother of Agatha.
(d) Illegitimate son of Henry IV.
12. What is Ditteredge?
(a) Ruins of an ancient Roman church.
(b) Country estate belonging to the Glossops.
(c) Small hamlet just west of Bidderedge.
(d) Hotbed of gentlemen's fashion.
13. Who does Bertie run into at Buck's?
(a) The king of England.
(b) Aunt Agatha.
(c) Bob White.
(d) Bingo Little.
14. How does Oswald get out of the pond?
(a) Birds lift him up by the hair and rescue him.
(b) A large metal hook is used to fish him out.
(c) He swims to shore by himself.
(d) The pond is only waist high, so he walks out.
15. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
(a) Great rumbling lashes of thunderous jolliness.
(b) Angels on holiday.
(c) Like the Scotch express going under a bridge.
(d) Tinkling fairy bubbles bursting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of suit would Jeeves prefer Bertie wear?
2. How does Bertie describe Florence in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Sir Roderick?
4. What is Sir Roderick president of?
5. How does Bertie describe Jeeves upon meeting him at the door for the first time?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)