|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bertie describe Tuppy's opera singer?
(a) Shattering din of rain on a tin roof.
(b) Mild, shy, and utterly breakable.
(c) Ball of fire being doused with turpentine.
(d) Upstanding, light-heavyweight of some thirty summers.
2. In Chapter 3, what is the second way Bertie describes Honoria's laugh?
(a) Great rumbling lashes of thunderous jolliness.
(b) Like the Scotch express going under a bridge.
(c) Tinkling fairy bubbles bursting.
(d) Angels on holiday.
3. What are some of the requests Miss Wickham makes for lunch?
(a) Oysters, ice cream, and gooey chocolates.
(b) Salad, water, and breadsticks.
(c) Apples, pears, and grapes.
(d) German sauerkraut.
4. Where has Bertie been invited for Christmas?
(a) Monte Carlo.
(c) Lake Lucerne.
5. How does Oswald get out of the pond?
(a) A large metal hook is used to fish him out.
(b) The pond is only waist high, so he walks out.
(c) Birds lift him up by the hair and rescue him.
(d) He swims to shore by himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 4, when does the blow fall?
2. What is the breakfast that fortifies Bertie in Chapter 6?
3. In Chapter 3, what is the first way Bertie describes Honoria Glossop's laugh?
4. When Bingo sees Dalphne, what happens?
5. What does Lord Worplesdon like to dine in?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)