Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Professorji's wife?
2. Whom does Jasmine call after a man arrives in a car and announces that he needs to share some important news with the entire family?
3. How long did Jasmine stay with Professorji and his family?
4. Whom does Du introduce to Jasmine that speaks Vietnamese?
5. What is the name of Taylor and Wylie's daughter?
Essay Topic 1
Prakash insists that Jasmine let go of her feudal traditional thinking and embrace being modern. Give specific examples of how and why he prods her in this direction even when she does not want it.
Essay Topic 2
Jasmine talks about a broken pitcher in regards to Vilma, Pitaji and herself. Explain what the broken pitcher represents and discuss why Jasmine references it in regard to each of them.
Essay Topic 3
Jasmine's brothers were instrumental in helping her meet her future husband. Describe how this happened, as well as what role they played in her life after she became a widow, when she was trying to get to America.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)