|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jasmine think of as wise?
2. Just before leaving for the airport Du tells Jasmine that he has how many sisters left?
3. What did the Vadhera family do every night?
4. Whose room does Jasmine end up staying in while she works as an au pair?
5. Who invites Jasmine over while Bud is working late?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jasmine, Du and Mother Ripplemeyer all hoard things. What does each hoard and why?
Essay Topic 2
Thoughts triggered by an encounter with a patient, while waiting at the hospital for her doctor, cause Jasmine to compare the woman's treatment of her with that of the Baden farmers and those professors and nannies she interacted with in New York. Briefly describe how the woman treated her when Jasmine brought a cup of water to her. Then explain what Jasmine recalled about how the farmers and the New Yorkers treated her differently. Which treatment did Jasmine seem to prefer?
Essay Topic 3
Several animals are significant in Jasmine's life. For each animal (a dead water-logged dog, a mad dog at a latrine, a bull on a country lane, a gecko, and hogs) briefly describe why they are significant.
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)