Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Professorji's wife?
2. Whom does Jasmine call after a man arrives in a car and announces that he needs to share some important news with the entire family?
3. How long did Jasmine stay with Professorji and his family?
4. Whom does Du introduce to Jasmine that speaks Vietnamese?
5. What is the name of Taylor and Wylie's daughter?
Essay Topic 1
Thoughts triggered by an encounter with a patient, while waiting at the hospital for her doctor, cause Jasmine to compare the woman's treatment of her with that of the Baden farmers and those professors and nannies she interacted with in New York. Briefly describe how the woman treated her when Jasmine brought a cup of water to her. Then explain what Jasmine recalled about how the farmers and the New Yorkers treated her differently. Which treatment did Jasmine seem to prefer?
Essay Topic 2
The hot dog vendor in the park frightens Jasmine into leaving Manhattan. Explain how Jasmine first encountered this man, and also what happened the last time she saw this man in India. Why is she frightened of him?
Essay Topic 3
Jasmine says that she became an American while living with the Hayes family. Explain and give examples of this transformation.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)