|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Hayes' apartment located?
2. The taxi driver in New York City was from where?
3. How long did Jasmine stay with Professorji and his family?
4. What does Jasmine wish she had known before it got perverted?
5. Where does Darrel tell Jasmine he wants to leave Iowa and go?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On her mission to burn Prakash's suit in Tampah, at the University, Jasmine instead takes the suitcase and burns the suit in back at the hotel. Discuss what events led up to this action and describe what was going on in her head at this time.
Essay Topic 2
Several men were in Jasmine's life. Choose three of her identities and, name each male significant to that identity and briefly describe his significance in her life at that time.
Essay Topic 3
Jasmine, Vilma and Mataji were all widowed. Compare and contrast the choices each made in her widowhood. How did their choices align or contradict their culture's views on widows.
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)