|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the brightest boy in the camps?
2. Besides Jasmine, who else was Lillian "hiding" in her home?
3. Who calls Jasmine a tornado?
4. Who taught Jasmine how to walk and talk American?
5. According to Jasmine, in regards to life, who has "practiced without a net"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
On her mission to burn Prakash's suit in Tampah, at the University, Jasmine instead takes the suitcase and burns the suit in back at the hotel. Discuss what events led up to this action and describe what was going on in her head at this time.
Essay Topic 2
The hot dog vendor in the park frightens Jasmine into leaving Manhattan. Explain how Jasmine first encountered this man, and also what happened the last time she saw this man in India. Why is she frightened of him?
Essay Topic 3
Several men were in Jasmine's life. Choose three of her identities and, name each male significant to that identity and briefly describe his significance in her life at that time.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)