|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Taylor and Wylie's daughter?
2. Who is the hot dog vendor?
3. What holiday is it when Harlan visits Bud?
4. Who taught Jasmine how to walk and talk American?
5. What does the Professorji really do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jasmine, Du and Mother Ripplemeyer all hoard things. What does each hoard and why?
Essay Topic 2
Jasmine talks about a broken pitcher in regards to Vilma, Pitaji and herself. Explain what the broken pitcher represents and discuss why Jasmine references it in regard to each of them.
Essay Topic 3
Prakash insists that Jasmine let go of her feudal traditional thinking and embrace being modern. Give specific examples of how and why he prods her in this direction even when she does not want it.
This section contains 163 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)