|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lillian call Jasmine?
2. What is Jasmine cooking for dinner while Bud works late in Chapter 25?
3. Who wrote to Jasmine in Iowa about a made-for-TV movie about Lillian?
4. Where does Lillian Gordon live?
5. Who invites Jasmine over while Bud is working late?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Jasmine tells Wylie that her mother loved her enough to kill her or to be killed for her. Explain each event that Jasmine recalls to support this statement, and provide Wylie's reaction to each instance.
Essay Topic 2Several animals are significant in Jasmine's life. For each animal (a dead water-logged dog, a mad dog at a latrine, a bull on a country lane, a gecko, and hogs) briefly describe why they are significant.
Essay Topic 3Jasmine has several identities. Beginning with Jyoti, briefly describe each identity, giving her name with each one. Explain why or how Jasmine came to have each identity.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)