Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Professorji's wife?
2. Whom does Jasmine call after a man arrives in a car and announces that he needs to share some important news with the entire family?
3. How long did Jasmine stay with Professorji and his family?
4. Whom does Du introduce to Jasmine that speaks Vietnamese?
5. What is the name of Taylor and Wylie's daughter?
Several animals are significant in Jasmine's life. For each animal (a dead water-logged dog, a mad dog at a latrine, a bull on a country lane, a gecko, and hogs) briefly describe why they are significant.
At the end of the book Taylor and Duff arrive at the Iowa farm. Talking to Karin on the phone Jasmine thinks "Karin stayed. Du and I are different." Discuss this. Why does Jasmine have these thoughts? What does Jasmine mean by "Karin stayed?" How are Du and Jasmine "different"? (Hint: Don't get caught up in explaining cultural or ethnic differences here.)
Jasmine watches her son. In his actions and in some of the things he says, Jasmine thinks of Du as the kind of son she would have had with her husband. Why do Jasmine's thoughts go this way and what are some things that Du says and does to support her thoughts?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)