|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jasmine see a rabid man die?
2. After her outburst Jasmine's sisters leave and where does Jasmine go?
3. What is the ship captain's name?
4. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
5. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the "Ladies Hour?"
2. What did Jasmine's mother mean when she warned Jasmine that a husband has layers like an onion?
3. Whom did Prakash marry, and where and how did they meet?
4. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
5. What does Jasmine reveal to Wylie that causes Wylie to shriek in outrage?
6. Who is Stuart?
7. How does Jasmine describe Lillian's views on helping people through tough times?
8. How did Pitaji's view on how he would die differ from the actual event?
9. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
10. After Masterji leaves from speaking with Pitaji about Jasmine's education, what happens to Jasmine's mother, and what is decided about Jasmine's education versus marrying the widower?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why Jasmine does not marry Bud. Discuss when and how she realizes why she won't marry him.
Essay Topic 2
Jasmine, Du and Mother Ripplemeyer all hoard things. What does each hoard and why?
Essay Topic 3
Karin is Bud's ex-wife. Bud left Karin to be with his live-in girlfriend, Jasmine. Jasmine has to initiate contact with Karin twice, once for Darrel and once for Bud. Describe the circumstances that precipitated each contact, and Karin's response/reaction each time.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)