|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bud call Jasmine?
2. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
3. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
4. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
5. The family maidservant is of what caste?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Professorji really do for a living?
2. What happened when Jasmine and Bud went to tell Darrel his loan was approved?
3. What does Lillian do to help Jasmine act like an American?
4. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
5. What is Jasmine referring to when she says a "hell turned into paradise?"
6. How did Jasmine become a widow?
7. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
8. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
9. What are the names on Jasmine's two bank accounts mentioned in Chapter 2 and where is each account located?
10. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
Essay Topic 1
Jasmine, Du and Mother Ripplemeyer all hoard things. What does each hoard and why?
Essay Topic 2
On her mission to burn Prakash's suit in Tampah, at the University, Jasmine instead takes the suitcase and burns the suit in back at the hotel. Discuss what events led up to this action and describe what was going on in her head at this time.
Essay Topic 3
Jasmine has several identities. Beginning with Jyoti, briefly describe each identity, giving her name with each one. Explain why or how Jasmine came to have each identity.
This section contains 1,497 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)