|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
2. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
3. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
4. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
5. Who did Jasmine's brothers sell the farm to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Professorji really do for a living?
2. How does Jasmine's idea of "dull" differ from Taylor's?
3. How does Jasmine compare her identities to Dr. Mary Webb's reincarnations?
4. Starting with the plane trip, how would you describe Jasmine's travel to arrive in America?
5. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
6. Why is Darrel Lutz planting his thousand acre family farm alone for the first time?
7. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
8. What does Jasmine reveal as her plan once she leaves the hotel in America?
9. What surprises Jasmine about Duff when they first meet?
10. What thoughts are running through Jasmine's head as she encounters a drunk Darrel, and as she drives him back to his farm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Several animals are significant in Jasmine's life. For each animal (a dead water-logged dog, a mad dog at a latrine, a bull on a country lane, a gecko, and hogs) briefly describe why they are significant.
Essay Topic 2
Jasmine, Vilma and Mataji were all widowed. Compare and contrast the choices each made in her widowhood. How did their choices align or contradict their culture's views on widows.
Essay Topic 3
Jasmine says that she became an American while living with the Hayes family. Explain and give examples of this transformation.
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)