|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
2. Who is Mataji?
3. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
4. What is the name of Prakash's boss?
5. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jasmine and the Ugandan man?
2. Jasmine sees Du's inventiveness as a gift. How does Bud view Du's talent?
3. How does Du feel about Jasmine's surprise from the mailman?
4. How does Jasmine's idea of "dull" differ from Taylor's?
5. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
6. Who is Harlan Kroener?
7. Why is Darrel Lutz planting his thousand acre family farm alone for the first time?
8. What are the names on Jasmine's two bank accounts mentioned in Chapter 2 and where is each account located?
9. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
10. What happens to Lillian after Jasmine goes to New York?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jasmine has several identities. Beginning with Jyoti, briefly describe each identity, giving her name with each one. Explain why or how Jasmine came to have each identity.
Essay Topic 2
Jasmine lived in an apartment building with Professorji and his family near other Indian families for five months in Flushing, New York. For Jasmine, how was this like living back in India as a widow? How was it different?
Essay Topic 3
Several animals are significant in Jasmine's life. For each animal (a dead water-logged dog, a mad dog at a latrine, a bull on a country lane, a gecko, and hogs) briefly describe why they are significant.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)