|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
2. What type of shop did Arvind-prar and Hari-prar open?
3. Who had Jasmine helped with door-to-door sales?
4. Who is Mataji?
5. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Professorji really do for a living?
2. What does Jasmine reveal to Wylie that causes Wylie to shriek in outrage?
3. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
4. Why did Sukkhi want to kill Jasmine?
5. Although Jasmine and her husband did not have a child, how did Jasmine feel they had created life?
6. What happened with "a dog, but not a dog"?
7. Why does Du say the weird man probably thinks there are weird people in their house?
8. What happens after Du finds his sister?
9. Jasmine talks about two chores, one she did at dawn and the other at dusk. What are they?
10. Why does Kate's home remind Jasmine of Lillian's tastes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Two suicides occur in this book (not referring to any bombings). For each character that committed suicide in America, give the name and explain why each committed suicide, including the events that occurred immediately preceding each death.
Essay Topic 2
Jasmine, Du and Mother Ripplemeyer all hoard things. What does each hoard and why?
Essay Topic 3
Several men were in Jasmine's life. Choose three of her identities and, name each male significant to that identity and briefly describe his significance in her life at that time.
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)