|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
2. How old was Jasmine when she married?
3. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
4. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
5. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what experience does Jasmine recall, that clarifies what she does not want to become?
2. When Jasmine returns to the family home, what does she enlist her brothers to help her do?
3. Who are Taylor and Wylie?
4. What news did Jasmine's mother convey to her about her old teacher?
5. In the last chapter of the book, who arrives in strange car while Jasmine is looking out the window of the home she shares with Bud?
6. Jasmine has no one to pick her up at the American shore. What happens when she accepts a ride?
7. Why does Masterji come to visit Pitaji?
8. What does Jasmine reveal to Wylie that causes Wylie to shriek in outrage?
9. How did Jasmine work and secretly save money in Hasnapur?
10. Whom did Prakash marry, and where and how did they meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jasmine, Du and Mother Ripplemeyer all hoard things. What does each hoard and why?
Essay Topic 2
Several men were in Jasmine's life. Choose three of her identities and, name each male significant to that identity and briefly describe his significance in her life at that time.
Essay Topic 3
Jasmine lived in an apartment building with Professorji and his family near other Indian families for five months in Flushing, New York. For Jasmine, how was this like living back in India as a widow? How was it different?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)