|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked by Pitaji, in front of her teacher, what does Jasmine say she wants to do?
(a) Be bank teller.
(b) Be a doctor.
(c) Get married.
(d) Be a steno.
2. What was used to wound the mad dog?
(b) A rifle shot.
(d) A wood staff.
3. After her outburst Jasmine's sisters leave and where does Jasmine go?
(a) To visit her best friend.
(b) For a swim.
(c) To buy food.
(d) For a walk.
4. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Train, boat, car.
(b) Car, plane, boat.
(c) Plane, boat, car.
(d) Plane, train, boat.
5. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
(a) Jasmine's brother.
(b) Jasmine's father.
(c) Jasmine's husband.
(d) Jasmine's teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
2. What does Bud call Jasmine?
3. Jasmine compares her injury to what marking on the holiest sages?
4. Who murdered someone in the hotel?
5. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Jasmine and Bud went to tell Darrel his loan was approved?
2. Why does Du say the weird man probably thinks there are weird people in their house?
3. Why does Kate's home remind Jasmine of Lillian's tastes?
4. Why does Taylor want Jasmine to stay with him and Duff?
5. What thoughts are running through Jasmine's head as she encounters a drunk Darrel, and as she drives him back to his farm?
6. What does Jasmine reveal as her plan once she leaves the hotel in America?
7. Why is Jasmine scared in the park with Duff and Taylor?
8. In the story why does Jasmine hoard water and who are the other two people that hoard and why?
9. Why does Du give his mom a loaded rifle?
10. Who is Stuart?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)