|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When asked by Pitaji, in front of her teacher, what does Jasmine say she wants to do?
(a) Be bank teller.
(b) Get married.
(c) Be a steno.
(d) Be a doctor.
2. Who is Pitaji?
(a) Jasmine's father.
(b) Jasmine's teacher.
(c) One of Jasmine's brothers.
(d) Jasmine's uncle.
3. What is Bud's profession?
(c) He's unemployed.
(d) Store clerk.
4. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Train, boat, car.
(b) Plane, train, boat.
(c) Car, plane, boat.
(d) Plane, boat, car.
5. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
2. Who collects pieces of aluminum foil?
3. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
4. What type of shop did Arvind-prar and Hari-prar open?
5. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
2. What does Jasmine reveal to Wylie that causes Wylie to shriek in outrage?
3. Starting with the plane trip, how would you describe Jasmine's travel to arrive in America?
4. How did "day mummy" come about?
5. What do Darrel and Jasmine discuss on the phone when he says nothing is wrong?
6. After Pitaji died, and Jasmine's brothers came home to take care of the family. How was the outside world brought in to Jasmine at their family home?
7. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
8. What news did Jasmine's mother convey to her about her old teacher?
9. What did the letters Masterji read to his students reveal about American farmers?
10. In the story why does Jasmine hoard water and who are the other two people that hoard and why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)