|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jasmine's brothers sell the farm to?
(d) Vancouver Singh.
2. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her books.
3. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) An astrologer.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) Her husband.
4. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
(a) Little Clyde.
(d) Mother Ripplemeyer.
5. Who arranged for Jasmine's illegal documents?
(b) The Doctor.
(d) Little Clyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
2. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
3. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
4. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
5. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Jasmine and Bud went to tell Darrel his loan was approved?
2. What does Jasmine reveal as her plan once she leaves the hotel in America?
3. On the night Jasmine fell in love "before" first sight, two men were guests in the family courtyard. Who are they and why did they disagree?
4. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
5. Who are Taylor and Wylie?
6. What surprises Jasmine about Duff when they first meet?
7. When Jasmine returns to the family home, what does she enlist her brothers to help her do?
8. Why does Karin call Jasmine a tornado?
9. How did Pitaji's view on how he would die differ from the actual event?
10. After Masterji leaves from speaking with Pitaji about Jasmine's education, what happens to Jasmine's mother, and what is decided about Jasmine's education versus marrying the widower?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)