|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
(c) Little Clyde.
2. How old was Jasmine when she married?
3. What is a kirpan?
(a) A small tool.
(b) A ceremonial dagger.
(c) A holy book.
(d) A type of sword.
4. The technical institutes that Prakash wanted to apply to were located in what state?
(b) New York.
5. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
(a) His ex-wife is trying to get him back.
(b) He doesn't want to lose her to someone else.
(c) He's twice her age.
(d) She's pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
2. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
3. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
4. How was Masterji killed?
5. What is Bud's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
2. What does Jasmine reveal as her plan once she leaves the hotel in America?
3. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
4. On the night Jasmine fell in love "before" first sight, two men were guests in the family courtyard. Who are they and why did they disagree?
5. What are the names on Jasmine's two bank accounts mentioned in Chapter 2 and where is each account located?
6. How does Jasmine describe Lillian's views on helping people through tough times?
7. Who are Taylor and Wylie?
8. Why does Karin call Jasmine a tornado?
9. What does Professorji really do for a living?
10. What is the great battle between Dida and Mataji?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)