|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
(b) Burned flesh.
(c) Carcass of dead dog.
(d) Sour milk.
2. What is a nullah?
(a) A hut.
(b) A type of fruit.
(c) A small cove.
(d) A body of water.
3. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
(a) Plane tickets.
(b) Theater show tickets.
(c) Boat tickets.
(d) Movie tickets.
4. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
(a) Mexican food.
(b) A chicken bone.
(c) A French fry.
(d) A bagel.
5. What attacked the women at the latrine?
(a) A bull.
(b) A rabid monkey.
(c) A mad dog.
(d) A lion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Masterji killed?
2. Who wounded the mad dog?
3. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
4. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
5. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
2. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
3. Jasmine sees Du's inventiveness as a gift. How does Bud view Du's talent?
4. What did Jasmine see and encounter on her long walk from the hotel before she met Lillian Gordon?
5. Why does Du say the weird man probably thinks there are weird people in their house?
6. How does Jasmine compare her identities to Dr. Mary Webb's reincarnations?
7. Why did Sukkhi want to kill Jasmine?
8. What thoughts are running through Jasmine's head as she encounters a drunk Darrel, and as she drives him back to his farm?
9. What happens to Lillian after Jasmine goes to New York?
10. What news did Jasmine's mother convey to her about her old teacher?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)