|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud call Jasmine?
2. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
(a) Jasmine's husband.
(b) Jasmine's teacher.
(c) Jasmine's brother.
(d) Jasmine's father.
3. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
(a) Behind the hotel in a trash can.
(b) On the shore where they arrived.
(c) In a garbage can in the hotel room.
(d) On a road away from the hotel.
4. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
5. The family maidservant is of what caste?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
2. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
3. Whom did Prakash call a dangerous man in Jasmine's family courtyard?
4. What is a kirpan?
5. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Professorji really do for a living?
2. What happened when Jasmine and Bud went to tell Darrel his loan was approved?
3. What does Lillian do to help Jasmine act like an American?
4. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
5. What is Jasmine referring to when she says a "hell turned into paradise?"
6. How did Jasmine become a widow?
7. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
8. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
9. What are the names on Jasmine's two bank accounts mentioned in Chapter 2 and where is each account located?
10. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)