|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jasmine's family home is the only house on the lane with what?
(a) A courtyard.
(b) A window.
(d) A water pump.
2. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
3. Where was Little Clyde from?
4. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
5. Who goes early for the latrine hour?
(b) Neighborhood women.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
2. After her outburst Jasmine's sisters leave and where does Jasmine go?
3. Who died from being gored by a bull?
4. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
5. Who is Dida?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Pitaji's view on how he would die differ from the actual event?
2. Why did Sukkhi want to kill Jasmine?
3. Jasmine sees Du's inventiveness as a gift. How does Bud view Du's talent?
4. In Chapter 5, what experience does Jasmine recall, that clarifies what she does not want to become?
5. How does Jasmine describe Lillian's views on helping people through tough times?
6. Why does Du say the weird man probably thinks there are weird people in their house?
7. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
8. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
9. What surprises Jasmine about Duff when they first meet?
10. How are Jasmine's "differences" treated by the Baden farmers versus the people she encountered while living in New York?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)