|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who murdered someone in the hotel?
(d) The Mauritian girl.
2. How large is the family farm inherited by Darrel?
(a) 50,000 acres.
(b) 500 acres.
(c) 1,000 acres.
(d) 10,000 acres.
3. Who is Mataji?
(a) Dida's sister.
(b) Jasmine's sister.
(c) Jasmine's mother.
(d) Pitaji's mother.
4. The technical institutes that Prakash wanted to apply to were located in what state?
(d) New York.
5. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
(a) The Gulf Shuttle.
(b) Hauled Over.
(c) Catchin' Dreams.
(d) Still Floatin'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
2. Jasmine's family home is the only house on the lane with what?
3. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
4. Who wounded the mad dog?
5. What is a kirpan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jasmine's mother mean when she warned Jasmine that a husband has layers like an onion?
2. Why is Darrel Lutz planting his thousand acre family farm alone for the first time?
3. What do Darrel and Jasmine discuss on the phone when he says nothing is wrong?
4. Jasmine talks about two chores, one she did at dawn and the other at dusk. What are they?
5. Why is Jasmine scared in the park with Duff and Taylor?
6. After Masterji leaves from speaking with Pitaji about Jasmine's education, what happens to Jasmine's mother, and what is decided about Jasmine's education versus marrying the widower?
7. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
8. How are Jasmine's "differences" treated by the Baden farmers versus the people she encountered while living in New York?
9. What happens after Du finds his sister?
10. What happened to Jasmine and the Ugandan man?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)