|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a nullah?
(a) A body of water.
(b) A type of fruit.
(c) A small cove.
(d) A hut.
2. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
(a) Plane tickets.
(b) Boat tickets.
(c) Movie tickets.
(d) Theater show tickets.
3. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
4. Who collects pieces of aluminum foil?
(a) Bud's mother.
5. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jasmine when she married?
2. Who said "individual effort counts for nothing"?
3. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
4. Who yells "Prostitutes! Whores!" after the bomb goes off?
5. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Masterji come to visit Pitaji?
2. Why does Kate's home remind Jasmine of Lillian's tastes?
3. Why does Karin call Jasmine a tornado?
4. Jasmine sees Du's inventiveness as a gift. How does Bud view Du's talent?
5. Starting with the plane trip, how would you describe Jasmine's travel to arrive in America?
6. What does Professorji really do for a living?
7. What news did Jasmine's mother convey to her about her old teacher?
8. Whom did Prakash marry, and where and how did they meet?
9. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
10. In the last chapter of the book, who arrives in strange car while Jasmine is looking out the window of the home she shares with Bud?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)