|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
2. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
3. Where did Jasmine see a rabid man die?
(a) Near her village home.
(b) At school.
(c) In the market.
(d) Outside the doctor's clinic.
4. What do best friends, Du and Scott, watch on TV with the rest of the Ripplemeyer family on Sunday?
(a) Old movies.
(b) Monster truck rallies.
(c) Car racing.
(d) Calf roping competitions.
5. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
(a) She's pregnant.
(b) He doesn't want to lose her to someone else.
(c) His ex-wife is trying to get him back.
(d) He's twice her age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
2. How was Masterji killed?
3. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
4. What does Bud call Jasmine?
5. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jasmine referring to when she says a "hell turned into paradise?"
2. What does Jasmine reveal to Wylie that causes Wylie to shriek in outrage?
3. After Pitaji died, and Jasmine's brothers came home to take care of the family. How was the outside world brought in to Jasmine at their family home?
4. When Jasmine returns to the family home, what does she enlist her brothers to help her do?
5. Whom did Prakash marry, and where and how did they meet?
6. What happened to Jasmine and the Ugandan man?
7. Who is Harlan Kroener?
8. Jasmine sees Du's inventiveness as a gift. How does Bud view Du's talent?
9. Although Jasmine and her husband did not have a child, how did Jasmine feel they had created life?
10. Jasmine talks about two chores, one she did at dawn and the other at dusk. What are they?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)