|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once he was accepted to the university, Prakash took Jasmine to buy what?
(a) A wedding sari.
(b) A television.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new radio.
2. What attacked the women at the latrine?
(a) A rabid monkey.
(b) A mad dog.
(c) A bull.
(d) A lion.
3. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
(b) New York.
4. In villages close to the border, what is an acceptable profession?
(c) Drug dealing.
5. Who collects pieces of aluminum foil?
(b) Bud's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
2. Who has a nephew in California?
3. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
4. Who arranged for Jasmine's illegal documents?
5. What was used to wound the mad dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story why does Jasmine hoard water and who are the other two people that hoard and why?
2. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
3. What happens to Lillian after Jasmine goes to New York?
4. What happened when Jasmine and Bud went to tell Darrel his loan was approved?
5. Why is Darrel Lutz planting his thousand acre family farm alone for the first time?
6. What is the "Ladies Hour?"
7. What is Jasmine referring to when she says a "hell turned into paradise?"
8. What did Jasmine's mother mean when she warned Jasmine that a husband has layers like an onion?
9. How did Pitaji's view on how he would die differ from the actual event?
10. How are Jasmine's "differences" treated by the Baden farmers versus the people she encountered while living in New York?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)