|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
(a) On the shore where they arrived.
(b) Behind the hotel in a trash can.
(c) On a road away from the hotel.
(d) In a garbage can in the hotel room.
2. Jasmine's family home is the only house on the lane with what?
(b) A water pump.
(c) A window.
(d) A courtyard.
3. When asked by Pitaji, in front of her teacher, what does Jasmine say she wants to do?
(a) Be a doctor.
(b) Be a steno.
(c) Get married.
(d) Be bank teller.
4. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
(a) Carcass of dead dog.
(b) Sour milk.
(d) Burned flesh.
5. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
2. What was the name of the hotel Jasmine stayed in upon arrival in America?
3. How old was Jasmine when she married?
4. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
5. How was Masterji killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jasmine scared in the park with Duff and Taylor?
2. Who is Stuart?
3. Whom did Prakash marry, and where and how did they meet?
4. How does Jasmine's idea of "dull" differ from Taylor's?
5. What do Darrel and Jasmine discuss on the phone when he says nothing is wrong?
6. Why does Karin ask for Jasmine's help?
7. What are the names on Jasmine's two bank accounts mentioned in Chapter 2 and where is each account located?
8. What is the "Ladies Hour?"
9. Jasmine talks about two chores, one she did at dawn and the other at dusk. What are they?
10. On the night Jasmine fell in love "before" first sight, two men were guests in the family courtyard. Who are they and why did they disagree?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)