|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Prakash call a dangerous man in Jasmine's family courtyard?
2. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
3. Where did Jasmine see a rabid man die?
(a) At school.
(b) In the market.
(c) Near her village home.
(d) Outside the doctor's clinic.
4. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
5. Who had Jasmine helped with door-to-door sales?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
2. Who did Jasmine's brothers sell the farm to?
3. Who has a nephew in California?
4. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
5. What is the name of Prakash's boss?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jasmine describe Lillian's views on helping people through tough times?
2. After Pitaji died, and Jasmine's brothers came home to take care of the family. How was the outside world brought in to Jasmine at their family home?
3. Why is Darrel Lutz planting his thousand acre family farm alone for the first time?
4. How are Jasmine's "differences" treated by the Baden farmers versus the people she encountered while living in New York?
5. What is the great battle between Dida and Mataji?
6. What happened to Jasmine and the Ugandan man?
7. What is Jasmine referring to when she says a "hell turned into paradise?"
8. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
9. Jasmine talks about two chores, one she did at dawn and the other at dusk. What are they?
10. What did the letters Masterji read to his students reveal about American farmers?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)