|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
(a) Jasmine's father.
(b) Jasmine's brother.
(c) Jasmine's husband.
(d) Jasmine's teacher.
2. Who is Pitaji?
(a) Jasmine's teacher.
(b) One of Jasmine's brothers.
(c) Jasmine's uncle.
(d) Jasmine's father.
3. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He had a major stroke.
(b) He was run over by a car in town.
(c) He fell from a tractor.
(d) He was shot in back.
4. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
5. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(b) A knife.
(c) A ring.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bud call Jasmine?
2. How many brothers does Jasmine have?
3. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
4. What is the ship captain's name?
5. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the night Jasmine fell in love "before" first sight, two men were guests in the family courtyard. Who are they and why did they disagree?
2. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
3. What surprises Jasmine about Duff when they first meet?
4. In Chapter 5, what experience does Jasmine recall, that clarifies what she does not want to become?
5. What thoughts are running through Jasmine's head as she encounters a drunk Darrel, and as she drives him back to his farm?
6. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
7. How did "day mummy" come about?
8. How does Du feel about Jasmine's surprise from the mailman?
9. What do Darrel and Jasmine discuss on the phone when he says nothing is wrong?
10. How did Jasmine become a widow?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)