|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mataji?
(a) Pitaji's mother.
(b) Jasmine's mother.
(c) Jasmine's sister.
(d) Dida's sister.
2. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
(a) A book.
(c) A cap.
(d) A watch.
3. Who goes early for the latrine hour?
(a) Neighborhood women.
4. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
5. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
2. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
3. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
4. What does Bud call Jasmine?
5. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the story why does Jasmine hoard water and who are the other two people that hoard and why?
2. In Chapter 5, what experience does Jasmine recall, that clarifies what she does not want to become?
3. Jasmine sees Du's inventiveness as a gift. How does Bud view Du's talent?
4. What did the letters Masterji read to his students reveal about American farmers?
5. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
6. What happens after Du finds his sister?
7. Why does Taylor want Jasmine to stay with him and Duff?
8. How does Jasmine's idea of "dull" differ from Taylor's?
9. Why does Du say the weird man probably thinks there are weird people in their house?
10. What does Lillian do to help Jasmine act like an American?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)