|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
(a) His family.
(b) His students.
(c) The doctor.
(d) His neighbors.
2. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
(a) Flushing, New York.
(b) Baden, Iowa.
(c) Fowlers Key, Florida.
(d) San Diego, California.
3. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A twig.
(b) A sharp stone.
(c) A piece of broken glass.
(d) The knife she dropped.
4. Who died from being gored by a bull?
5. Who would not help the women under attack?
(a) Servants nearby.
(c) Men picking the fields.
(d) Bidi smokers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers does Jasmine have?
2. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
3. When asked by Pitaji, in front of her teacher, what does Jasmine say she wants to do?
4. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
5. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jasmine compare her identities to Dr. Mary Webb's reincarnations?
2. How did Jasmine become a widow?
3. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
4. What thoughts are running through Jasmine's head as she encounters a drunk Darrel, and as she drives him back to his farm?
5. What happened to Jasmine and the Ugandan man?
6. How did Pitaji's view on how he would die differ from the actual event?
7. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
8. How does Jasmine describe Lillian's views on helping people through tough times?
9. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
10. In the last chapter of the book, who arrives in strange car while Jasmine is looking out the window of the home she shares with Bud?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)