|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wounded the mad dog?
(d) A soldier.
2. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
3. What do best friends, Du and Scott, watch on TV with the rest of the Ripplemeyer family on Sunday?
(a) Monster truck rallies.
(b) Car racing.
(c) Old movies.
(d) Calf roping competitions.
4. Who said "individual effort counts for nothing"?
5. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) The servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
2. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
3. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
4. How large is the family farm inherited by Darrel?
5. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Masterji leaves from speaking with Pitaji about Jasmine's education, what happens to Jasmine's mother, and what is decided about Jasmine's education versus marrying the widower?
2. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
3. When Jasmine returns to the family home, what does she enlist her brothers to help her do?
4. What is the great battle between Dida and Mataji?
5. What news did Jasmine's mother convey to her about her old teacher?
6. How are Jasmine's "differences" treated by the Baden farmers versus the people she encountered while living in New York?
7. What is Jasmine referring to when she says a "hell turned into paradise?"
8. On the night Jasmine fell in love "before" first sight, two men were guests in the family courtyard. Who are they and why did they disagree?
9. In Chapter 5, what experience does Jasmine recall, that clarifies what she does not want to become?
10. How did Jasmine become a widow?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)