|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
(c) Little Cylde.
2. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
3. Jasmine compares her injury to what marking on the holiest sages?
(a) A hole in her forehead.
(b) A third eye.
(c) A small cut.
(d) A large bruise.
4. What was used to wound the mad dog?
(c) A rifle shot.
(d) A wood staff.
5. Who is Dida?
(a) Jasmine's sister.
(b) Mataji's mother.
(c) Pitaji's mother.
(d) Jasmine's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
2. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
3. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
4. Who is Mataji?
5. Who wounded the mad dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lillian do to help Jasmine act like an American?
2. What news did Jasmine's mother convey to her about her old teacher?
3. How does Jasmine describe Lillian's views on helping people through tough times?
4. Although Jasmine and her husband did not have a child, how did Jasmine feel they had created life?
5. What happened when Jasmine and Bud went to tell Darrel his loan was approved?
6. Jasmine has no one to pick her up at the American shore. What happens when she accepts a ride?
7. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
8. How did Jasmine become a widow?
9. After Pitaji died, and Jasmine's brothers came home to take care of the family. How was the outside world brought in to Jasmine at their family home?
10. What did Jasmine's mother mean when she warned Jasmine that a husband has layers like an onion?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)