|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In villages close to the border, what is an acceptable profession?
(c) Drug dealing.
2. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
3. What is Bud's profession?
(b) Store clerk.
(c) He's unemployed.
4. Who is Dida?
(a) Pitaji's mother.
(b) Jasmine's sister.
(c) Mataji's mother.
(d) Jasmine's aunt.
5. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mataji, who has layers like an onion?
2. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
3. What do best friends, Du and Scott, watch on TV with the rest of the Ripplemeyer family on Sunday?
4. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
5. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
2. How does Jasmine compare her identities to Dr. Mary Webb's reincarnations?
3. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
4. Whom did Prakash marry, and where and how did they meet?
5. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
6. Jasmine has no one to pick her up at the American shore. What happens when she accepts a ride?
7. After Pitaji died, and Jasmine's brothers came home to take care of the family. How was the outside world brought in to Jasmine at their family home?
8. Jasmine sees Du's inventiveness as a gift. How does Bud view Du's talent?
9. What happened to Jasmine and the Ugandan man?
10. What happened with "a dog, but not a dog"?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)