|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jasmine compares her injury to what marking on the holiest sages?
(a) A third eye.
(b) A large bruise.
(c) A hole in her forehead.
(d) A small cut.
2. Who collects pieces of aluminum foil?
(c) Bud's mother.
3. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
(a) A horseshoe-shaped gem.
(b) A rhinestone ladybug.
(c) A rhinestone heart.
(d) An emerald tipped unicorn.
4. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
(a) Jasmine's brother.
(b) Jasmine's husband.
(c) Jasmine's father.
(d) Jasmine's teacher.
5. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
(a) Little Clyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
2. What is the name of the new Sikh boys' gang?
3. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
4. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
5. Jasmine's family home is the only house on the lane with what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jasmine's idea of "dull" differ from Taylor's?
2. After Masterji leaves from speaking with Pitaji about Jasmine's education, what happens to Jasmine's mother, and what is decided about Jasmine's education versus marrying the widower?
3. How did Jasmine work and secretly save money in Hasnapur?
4. What is the "Ladies Hour?"
5. Jasmine has no one to pick her up at the American shore. What happens when she accepts a ride?
6. What did the letters Masterji read to his students reveal about American farmers?
7. How did Jasmine become a widow?
8. Why does Taylor want Jasmine to stay with him and Duff?
9. What does Lillian do to help Jasmine act like an American?
10. What happened with "a dog, but not a dog"?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)