|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is the family farm inherited by Darrel?
(a) 50,000 acres.
(b) 1,000 acres.
(c) 500 acres.
(d) 10,000 acres.
2. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
3. How was Masterji killed?
(b) Shot multiple times.
(d) Run down in the road.
4. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
(a) Theater show tickets.
(b) Movie tickets.
(c) Plane tickets.
(d) Boat tickets.
5. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes early for the latrine hour?
2. What do best friends, Du and Scott, watch on TV with the rest of the Ripplemeyer family on Sunday?
3. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
4. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
5. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jasmine see and encounter on her long walk from the hotel before she met Lillian Gordon?
2. Why is Darrel Lutz planting his thousand acre family farm alone for the first time?
3. How does Jasmine compare her identities to Dr. Mary Webb's reincarnations?
4. What surprise does the mailman deliver to Jasmine and who is it from?
5. How did Jasmine become a widow?
6. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
7. What is Jasmine referring to when she says a "hell turned into paradise?"
8. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
9. Jasmine has no one to pick her up at the American shore. What happens when she accepts a ride?
10. How are Jasmine's "differences" treated by the Baden farmers versus the people she encountered while living in New York?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)