|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hails Jasmine's brother as they leave the tea shop?
(a) The stooped waiter.
(b) The man who stumbled.
(c) The tea shop owner.
(d) A girlfriend.
2. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
3. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
(a) Masterji's nephew in California.
(b) Professor Vadhera.
4. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A piece of broken glass.
(b) A twig.
(c) The knife she dropped.
(d) A sharp stone.
5. What does Bud call Jasmine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
2. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
3. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
4. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
5. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Stuart?
2. When does Jasmine realize that her son's sexual curiosity may have been awakened?
3. What is the "Ladies Hour?"
4. How did Pitaji's view on how he would die differ from the actual event?
5. After Masterji leaves from speaking with Pitaji about Jasmine's education, what happens to Jasmine's mother, and what is decided about Jasmine's education versus marrying the widower?
6. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
7. Why does Karin ask for Jasmine's help?
8. Although Jasmine and her husband did not have a child, how did Jasmine feel they had created life?
9. Why does Du say the weird man probably thinks there are weird people in their house?
10. Why is Jasmine scared in the park with Duff and Taylor?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)