|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
(a) In a bank.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) On the street.
2. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
(a) Little Clyde.
3. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
4. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
5. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
(a) A cap.
(b) A book.
(d) A watch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
2. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
3. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
4. How was Masterji killed?
5. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
2. Who are Taylor and Wylie?
3. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
4. What is the "Ladies Hour?"
5. How did Jasmine work and secretly save money in Hasnapur?
6. After Masterji leaves from speaking with Pitaji about Jasmine's education, what happens to Jasmine's mother, and what is decided about Jasmine's education versus marrying the widower?
7. What surprises Jasmine about Duff when they first meet?
8. What does Professorji really do for a living?
9. Jasmine has no one to pick her up at the American shore. What happens when she accepts a ride?
10. Why did Sukkhi want to kill Jasmine?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)