|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
(a) Darrel's girlfriend.
(b) Darrel's feelings for Jasmine.
(c) Darrel selling the farm to land developers.
(d) The death of Darrel's father.
2. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
3. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
4. What does Bud call Jasmine?
5. Who would not help the women under attack?
(b) Men picking the fields.
(c) Servants nearby.
(d) Bidi smokers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
2. Who tried to strangle Jasmine at birth?
3. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
4. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
5. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Du give his mom a loaded rifle?
2. How does Jasmine describe Lillian's views on helping people through tough times?
3. Although Jasmine and her husband did not have a child, how did Jasmine feel they had created life?
4. In the story why does Jasmine hoard water and who are the other two people that hoard and why?
5. How did "day mummy" come about?
6. Why does Kate's home remind Jasmine of Lillian's tastes?
7. What did the letters Masterji read to his students reveal about American farmers?
8. Jasmine has no one to pick her up at the American shore. What happens when she accepts a ride?
9. Why does Masterji come to visit Pitaji?
10. Why does Jasmine call Karin after Taylor and Duff arrive?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)