|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
(a) Sour milk.
(b) Carcass of dead dog.
(d) Burned flesh.
2. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
3. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
4. Who murdered someone in the hotel?
(c) The Mauritian girl.
5. Once he was accepted to the university, Prakash took Jasmine to buy what?
(a) A television.
(b) A new radio.
(c) A wedding sari.
(d) New shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
2. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
3. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
4. What was the name of the hotel Jasmine stayed in upon arrival in America?
5. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the letters Masterji read to his students reveal about American farmers?
2. Jasmine talks about two chores, one she did at dawn and the other at dusk. What are they?
3. What does Jasmine reveal to Wylie that causes Wylie to shriek in outrage?
4. Starting with the plane trip, how would you describe Jasmine's travel to arrive in America?
5. After Pitaji died, and Jasmine's brothers came home to take care of the family. How was the outside world brought in to Jasmine at their family home?
6. What does Lillian do to help Jasmine act like an American?
7. After leaving Darrel's home, why does Jasmine call Karin for help with Darrel?
8. In Chapter 5, what experience does Jasmine recall, that clarifies what she does not want to become?
9. Jasmine calls Prakash a modern man. What are some examples of his modern outlook?
10. How did "day mummy" come about?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)