|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Jasmine helped with door-to-door sales?
2. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
(b) New York.
3. Whose wedding sari did Jasmine wear for her wedding?
4. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
5. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
6. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A car.
(b) A bag.
(c) A radio.
(d) A music box
7. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
8. Once he was accepted to the university, Prakash took Jasmine to buy what?
(a) A television.
(b) A new radio.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A wedding sari.
9. The technical institutes that Prakash wanted to apply to were located in what state?
(d) New York.
10. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
11. When asked by Pitaji, in front of her teacher, what does Jasmine say she wants to do?
(a) Be a steno.
(b) Get married.
(c) Be a doctor.
(d) Be bank teller.
12. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
(a) Little Cylde.
13. Who arranged for Jasmine's illegal documents?
(a) The Doctor.
(b) Little Clyde.
14. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
(a) Theater show tickets.
(b) Boat tickets.
(c) Plane tickets.
(d) Movie tickets.
15. After her outburst Jasmine's sisters leave and where does Jasmine go?
(a) For a swim.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To visit her best friend.
(d) For a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
2. What were the courtyard toilets filled with?
3. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
4. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
5. According to Mataji, who has layers like an onion?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)