|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He fell from a tractor.
(b) He was run over by a car in town.
(c) He had a major stroke.
(d) He was shot in back.
2. What was the name of the hotel Jasmine stayed in upon arrival in America?
(a) Flamingo Court.
(b) Pink Inn.
(c) Paradise Bay.
(d) Pelican Bay.
3. Who yells "Prostitutes! Whores!" after the bomb goes off?
(c) The Doctor.
4. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
(a) A book.
(c) A cap.
(d) A watch.
5. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
6. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
7. Who hails Jasmine's brother as they leave the tea shop?
(a) The stooped waiter.
(b) The tea shop owner.
(c) The man who stumbled.
(d) A girlfriend.
8. Once he was accepted to the university, Prakash took Jasmine to buy what?
(a) A wedding sari.
(b) A television.
(c) A new radio.
(d) New shoes.
9. Who murdered someone in the hotel?
(b) The Mauritian girl.
10. Who is Pitaji?
(a) Jasmine's uncle.
(b) Jasmine's father.
(c) Jasmine's teacher.
(d) One of Jasmine's brothers.
11. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
(a) He doesn't want to lose her to someone else.
(b) She's pregnant.
(c) His ex-wife is trying to get him back.
(d) He's twice her age.
12. What do best friends, Du and Scott, watch on TV with the rest of the Ripplemeyer family on Sunday?
(a) Old movies.
(b) Monster truck rallies.
(c) Calf roping competitions.
(d) Car racing.
13. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
(a) Little Clyde.
(b) Mother Ripplemeyer.
14. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
15. What is the name of Prakash's boss?
(b) Mr. Jagtiani.
(c) Professor Vadhera.
(d) Dr. Webb.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
2. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
3. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
4. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
5. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)