|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
2. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
(a) At his mother's house.
(b) In the grocery store.
(c) In a bank.
(d) On the street.
3. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
(b) Little Clyde.
4. How was Masterji killed?
(a) Shot multiple times.
(c) Run down in the road.
5. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
(a) A railway porter.
(b) Another passenger.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A pilot.
6. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
7. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
(b) Professor Vadhera.
(c) Masterji's nephew in California.
8. What is the ship captain's name?
(d) Little Clyde.
9. Who died from being gored by a bull?
10. How many brothers does Jasmine have?
11. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
(b) Her books.
(d) Her clothes.
12. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He was run over by a car in town.
(b) He fell from a tractor.
(c) He was shot in back.
(d) He had a major stroke.
13. Who had Jasmine helped with door-to-door sales?
14. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
(a) The servants.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sisters.
(d) Her son.
15. Whose wedding sari did Jasmine wear for her wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
2. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
3. How old was Jasmine when she married?
4. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
5. Whom did Prakash call a dangerous man in Jasmine's family courtyard?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)