|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Car, plane, boat.
(b) Plane, train, boat.
(c) Plane, boat, car.
(d) Train, boat, car.
2. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
(a) Mother Ripplemeyer.
(b) Little Clyde.
3. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) Her husband.
(b) An astrologer.
(c) Her mother.
(d) A storyteller.
4. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
(a) Little Cylde.
5. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
6. How was Masterji killed?
(a) Run down in the road.
(c) Shot multiple times.
7. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(a) A knife.
(c) A Bible.
(d) A ring.
8. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
(b) Little Clyde.
9. Who said "individual effort counts for nothing"?
10. After her outburst Jasmine's sisters leave and where does Jasmine go?
(a) For a walk.
(b) For a swim.
(c) To visit her best friend.
(d) To buy food.
11. Who is Dida?
(a) Pitaji's mother.
(b) Mataji's mother.
(c) Jasmine's sister.
(d) Jasmine's aunt.
12. Which item was NOT in the suitcase Jasmine brought from India to America?
(b) An old sari.
13. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
14. Who yells "Prostitutes! Whores!" after the bomb goes off?
(b) The Doctor.
15. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
(a) The death of Darrel's father.
(b) Darrel selling the farm to land developers.
(c) Darrel's girlfriend.
(d) Darrel's feelings for Jasmine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
2. Who tried to strangle Jasmine at birth?
3. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
4. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
5. What does Khalsa mean?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)