|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(a) A knife.
(b) A ring.
(c) A Bible.
2. Who collects pieces of aluminum foil?
(b) Bud's mother.
3. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He fell from a tractor.
(b) He was shot in back.
(c) He had a major stroke.
(d) He was run over by a car in town.
4. What is Bud's profession?
(a) He's unemployed.
(d) Store clerk.
5. Who tried to strangle Jasmine at birth?
(a) Her oldest sister.
(b) Her dad.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The midwife.
6. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) Her husband.
(b) An astrologer.
(c) A storyteller.
(d) Her mother.
7. Jasmine compares her injury to what marking on the holiest sages?
(a) A hole in her forehead.
(b) A small cut.
(c) A third eye.
(d) A large bruise.
8. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A twig.
(b) A sharp stone.
(c) The knife she dropped.
(d) A piece of broken glass.
9. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
10. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
(d) Little Clyde.
11. What does Khalsa mean?
12. What type of plane is mentioned in the book?
13. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
(b) Her books.
(d) Her clothes.
14. Who murdered someone in the hotel?
(c) The Mauritian girl.
15. Who wounded the mad dog?
(b) A soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a nephew in California?
2. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
3. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
4. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
5. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)