|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
2. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
(b) Little Cylde.
3. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A bag.
(b) A car.
(c) A music box
(d) A radio.
4. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
(a) The smell of toilets in the Indian courtyards.
(b) The stench of the dead dog from the river.
(c) The mad dog floating down the nullah.
(d) The first time she took a shower.
5. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
6. What attacked the women at the latrine?
(a) A bull.
(b) A mad dog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A rabid monkey.
7. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
(a) Darrel selling the farm to land developers.
(b) Darrel's girlfriend.
(c) The death of Darrel's father.
(d) Darrel's feelings for Jasmine.
8. What is a kirpan?
(a) A small tool.
(b) A type of sword.
(c) A ceremonial dagger.
(d) A holy book.
9. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
(a) Another passenger.
(b) A railway porter.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A pilot.
10. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) The servants.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her son.
11. Who had Jasmine helped with door-to-door sales?
12. Who hails Jasmine's brother as they leave the tea shop?
(a) The tea shop owner.
(b) The man who stumbled.
(c) The stooped waiter.
(d) A girlfriend.
13. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
14. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
15. Who is Dida?
(a) Mataji's mother.
(b) Jasmine's sister.
(c) Jasmine's aunt.
(d) Pitaji's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasmine compares her injury to what marking on the holiest sages?
2. What was used to wound the mad dog?
3. Who murdered someone in the hotel?
4. Which item was NOT in the suitcase Jasmine brought from India to America?
5. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)