|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
(c) Cones of a nuclear power plant.
(d) Garbage in the water.
2. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A piece of broken glass.
(b) A twig.
(c) The knife she dropped.
(d) A sharp stone.
3. The family maidservant is of what caste?
4. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
(a) The mad dog floating down the nullah.
(b) The stench of the dead dog from the river.
(c) The first time she took a shower.
(d) The smell of toilets in the Indian courtyards.
5. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
(a) The Gulf Shuttle.
(b) Still Floatin'.
(c) Hauled Over.
(d) Catchin' Dreams.
6. How old was Jasmine when she married?
7. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) An astrologer.
(b) A storyteller.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her husband.
8. Who would not help the women under attack?
(a) Servants nearby.
(c) Bidi smokers.
(d) Men picking the fields.
9. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
(b) Her clothes.
(d) Her books.
10. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
(a) Baden, Iowa.
(b) Fowlers Key, Florida.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Flushing, New York.
11. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A bag.
(b) A car.
(c) A radio.
(d) A music box
12. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
13. The technical institutes that Prakash wanted to apply to were located in what state?
(a) New York.
14. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He fell from a tractor.
(b) He was shot in back.
(c) He had a major stroke.
(d) He was run over by a car in town.
15. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son is from where?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the courtyard toilets filled with?
2. Who is Mataji?
3. What type of shop did Arvind-prar and Hari-prar open?
4. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
5. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)