|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hails Jasmine's brother as they leave the tea shop?
(a) The stooped waiter.
(b) A girlfriend.
(c) The man who stumbled.
(d) The tea shop owner.
2. What type of shop did Arvind-prar and Hari-prar open?
(a) A scooter shop.
(b) An electronics shop.
(c) A money exchange shop.
(d) A sari shop.
3. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
(a) Another passenger.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A railway porter.
4. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
5. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
(a) In a bank.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) On the street.
6. Once he was accepted to the university, Prakash took Jasmine to buy what?
(a) A television.
(b) A wedding sari.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new radio.
7. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) The knife she dropped.
(b) A twig.
(c) A piece of broken glass.
(d) A sharp stone.
8. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
(a) The doctor.
(b) His family.
(c) His students.
(d) His neighbors.
9. Who died from being gored by a bull?
10. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son is from where?
11. Who wounded the mad dog?
(d) A soldier.
12. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Car, plane, boat.
(b) Plane, boat, car.
(c) Plane, train, boat.
(d) Train, boat, car.
13. Where was Little Clyde from?
14. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
(a) A rhinestone heart.
(b) An emerald tipped unicorn.
(c) A rhinestone ladybug.
(d) A horseshoe-shaped gem.
15. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
(c) Garbage in the water.
(d) Cones of a nuclear power plant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
2. Who is Mataji?
3. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
4. Who is Pitaji?
5. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)