|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mataji, who has layers like an onion?
(a) A husband.
2. Who is Dida?
(a) Jasmine's aunt.
(b) Jasmine's sister.
(c) Pitaji's mother.
(d) Mataji's mother.
3. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
(a) Carcass of dead dog.
(c) Burned flesh.
(d) Sour milk.
4. How old was Jasmine when she married?
5. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
(a) A rhinestone heart.
(b) A rhinestone ladybug.
(c) A horseshoe-shaped gem.
(d) An emerald tipped unicorn.
6. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
(b) Little Clyde.
7. What does Bud call Jasmine?
8. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
9. What was the name of the hotel Jasmine stayed in upon arrival in America?
(a) Flamingo Court.
(b) Pelican Bay.
(c) Pink Inn.
(d) Paradise Bay.
10. What was used to wound the mad dog?
(c) A rifle shot.
(d) A wood staff.
11. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
(a) San Diego, California.
(b) Fowlers Key, Florida.
(c) Baden, Iowa.
(d) Flushing, New York.
12. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
(a) On the shore where they arrived.
(b) Behind the hotel in a trash can.
(c) On a road away from the hotel.
(d) In a garbage can in the hotel room.
13. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
14. Who had Jasmine helped with door-to-door sales?
15. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who goes early for the latrine hour?
2. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
3. What is the name of Prakash's boss?
4. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
5. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)