|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the new Sikh boys' gang?
(a) Khalsa Lions.
(d) Kali Lions.
2. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
3. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A sharp stone.
(b) A twig.
(c) The knife she dropped.
(d) A piece of broken glass.
4. Who is Pitaji?
(a) One of Jasmine's brothers.
(b) Jasmine's teacher.
(c) Jasmine's father.
(d) Jasmine's uncle.
5. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Plane, boat, car.
(b) Train, boat, car.
(c) Plane, train, boat.
(d) Car, plane, boat.
6. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
(a) The mad dog floating down the nullah.
(b) The smell of toilets in the Indian courtyards.
(c) The first time she took a shower.
(d) The stench of the dead dog from the river.
7. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
8. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
(a) Carcass of dead dog.
(b) Sour milk.
(c) Burned flesh.
9. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son is from where?
10. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
(a) Another passenger.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A railway porter.
11. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
12. What is a nullah?
(a) A type of fruit.
(b) A small cove.
(c) A body of water.
(d) A hut.
13. Whom did Prakash call a dangerous man in Jasmine's family courtyard?
14. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
(b) A cap.
(c) A book.
(d) A watch.
15. What does Bud call Jasmine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
2. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
3. What do best friends, Du and Scott, watch on TV with the rest of the Ripplemeyer family on Sunday?
4. The technical institutes that Prakash wanted to apply to were located in what state?
5. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)