|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
(b) Little Clyde.
2. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
(a) Baden, Iowa.
(b) Fowlers Key, Florida.
(c) San Diego, California.
(d) Flushing, New York.
3. In villages close to the border, what is an acceptable profession?
(b) Drug dealing.
4. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(a) A Bible.
(c) A ring.
(d) A knife.
5. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
(b) Little Cylde.
6. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
(b) Mother Ripplemeyer.
(c) Little Clyde.
7. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
(a) Plane tickets.
(b) Boat tickets.
(c) Movie tickets.
(d) Theater show tickets.
8. What were the courtyard toilets filled with?
9. What is the ship captain's name?
(c) Little Clyde.
10. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
11. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
12. What does Khalsa mean?
13. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
14. How was Masterji killed?
(b) Shot multiple times.
(c) Run down in the road.
15. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
2. Which item was NOT in the suitcase Jasmine brought from India to America?
3. Why is Bud in a hurry to marry Jasmine?
4. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
5. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)