|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
2. Who is Pitaji?
(a) Jasmine's teacher.
(b) One of Jasmine's brothers.
(c) Jasmine's father.
(d) Jasmine's uncle.
3. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
(a) A chicken bone.
(b) A French fry.
(c) Mexican food.
(d) A bagel.
4. How many brothers does Jasmine have?
5. What is the ship captain's name?
(b) Little Clyde.
6. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Plane, boat, car.
(b) Train, boat, car.
(c) Car, plane, boat.
(d) Plane, train, boat.
7. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her books.
8. Whose wedding sari did Jasmine wear for her wedding?
9. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son is from where?
10. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
(a) A book.
(c) A cap.
(d) A watch.
11. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A music box
(b) A car.
(c) A bag.
(d) A radio.
12. Once he was accepted to the university, Prakash took Jasmine to buy what?
(a) A new radio.
(b) A television.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A wedding sari.
13. What is the name of Prakash's boss?
(b) Mr. Jagtiani.
(c) Professor Vadhera.
(d) Dr. Webb.
14. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
(a) Madam Cleo's.
(b) Mother's Beauty Parlor.
(c) Karin's Kurls.
(d) Baden's Hair Salon.
15. What was used to wound the mad dog?
(a) A wood staff.
(c) A rifle shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mataji?
2. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
3. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
4. Who arranged for Jasmine's illegal documents?
5. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)