|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attacked the women at the latrine?
(a) A rabid monkey.
(b) A mad dog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bull.
2. Jasmine compares her injury to what marking on the holiest sages?
(a) A small cut.
(b) A large bruise.
(c) A hole in her forehead.
(d) A third eye.
3. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
4. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son is from where?
5. Who tried to strangle Jasmine at birth?
(a) Her oldest sister.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The midwife.
(d) Her dad.
6. Who is Dida?
(a) Jasmine's sister.
(b) Pitaji's mother.
(c) Mataji's mother.
(d) Jasmine's aunt.
7. The family maidservant is of what caste?
8. The technical institutes that Prakash wanted to apply to were located in what state?
(d) New York.
9. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
10. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
(a) Fowlers Key, Florida.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Flushing, New York.
(d) Baden, Iowa.
11. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
(a) On the street.
(b) At his mother's house.
(c) In the grocery store.
(d) In a bank.
12. What do best friends, Du and Scott, watch on TV with the rest of the Ripplemeyer family on Sunday?
(a) Calf roping competitions.
(b) Old movies.
(c) Monster truck rallies.
(d) Car racing.
13. Who hails Jasmine's brother as they leave the tea shop?
(a) A girlfriend.
(b) The stooped waiter.
(c) The tea shop owner.
(d) The man who stumbled.
14. Who is Pitaji?
(a) Jasmine's uncle.
(b) One of Jasmine's brothers.
(c) Jasmine's father.
(d) Jasmine's teacher.
15. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
(a) The stench of the dead dog from the river.
(b) The mad dog floating down the nullah.
(c) The first time she took a shower.
(d) The smell of toilets in the Indian courtyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasmine's family home is the only house on the lane with what?
2. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
3. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
4. After her outburst Jasmine's sisters leave and where does Jasmine go?
5. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)