Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bud call Jasmine?
2. Who said "There's no room in modern India for feudalism"?
(a) Jasmine's husband.
(b) Jasmine's teacher.
(c) Jasmine's brother.
(d) Jasmine's father.
3. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
(a) Behind the hotel in a trash can.
(b) On the shore where they arrived.
(c) In a garbage can in the hotel room.
(d) On a road away from the hotel.
4. What age was listed on Jasmine's fake passport?
5. The family maidservant is of what caste?
6. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
(a) Baden's Hair Salon.
(b) Karin's Kurls.
(c) Madam Cleo's.
(d) Mother's Beauty Parlor.
7. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
8. Whom did Prakash call a dangerous man in Jasmine's family courtyard?
9. What is a kirpan?
(a) A type of sword.
(b) A ceremonial dagger.
(c) A holy book.
(d) A small tool.
10. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
11. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He had a major stroke.
(b) He was run over by a car in town.
(c) He was shot in back.
(d) He fell from a tractor.
12. Who yells "Prostitutes! Whores!" after the bomb goes off?
(d) The Doctor.
13. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
(b) Masterji's nephew in California.
(c) Professor Vadhera.
14. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
15. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
2. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
3. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
4. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
5. How old is Jasmine in the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)