|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
(a) Hauled Over.
(b) Catchin' Dreams.
(c) Still Floatin'.
(d) The Gulf Shuttle.
2. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An astrologer.
(d) Her husband.
3. Where did Jasmine see a rabid man die?
(a) Near her village home.
(b) In the market.
(c) At school.
(d) Outside the doctor's clinic.
4. What does Bud call Jasmine?
5. Who arranged for Jasmine's illegal documents?
(c) The Doctor.
(d) Little Clyde.
6. When asked by Pitaji, in front of her teacher, what does Jasmine say she wants to do?
(a) Be a doctor.
(b) Be a steno.
(c) Get married.
(d) Be bank teller.
7. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
(a) A book.
(b) A cap.
(c) A watch.
8. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Car, plane, boat.
(b) Plane, train, boat.
(c) Train, boat, car.
(d) Plane, boat, car.
9. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
(a) In the grocery store.
(b) On the street.
(c) At his mother's house.
(d) In a bank.
10. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
(a) The death of Darrel's father.
(b) Darrel's girlfriend.
(c) Darrel's feelings for Jasmine.
(d) Darrel selling the farm to land developers.
11. What attacked the women at the latrine?
(a) A bull.
(b) A lion.
(c) A rabid monkey.
(d) A mad dog.
12. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
(a) Baden's Hair Salon.
(b) Mother's Beauty Parlor.
(c) Karin's Kurls.
(d) Madam Cleo's.
13. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
14. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
(a) A rhinestone heart.
(b) An emerald tipped unicorn.
(c) A horseshoe-shaped gem.
(d) A rhinestone ladybug.
15. Who died from being gored by a bull?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khalsa mean?
2. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
3. Where was Little Clyde from?
4. What type of shop did Arvind-prar and Hari-prar open?
5. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)