|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were the courtyard toilets filled with?
2. Who did Jasmine's brothers sell the farm to?
(b) Vancouver Singh.
3. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
(a) A waitress.
(b) A pilot.
(c) A railway porter.
(d) Another passenger.
4. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(a) A Bible.
(c) A ring.
(d) A knife.
5. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A car.
(b) A bag.
(c) A radio.
(d) A music box
6. Who yells "Prostitutes! Whores!" after the bomb goes off?
(b) The Doctor.
7. Whose wedding sari did Jasmine wear for her wedding?
8. Where did Jasmine see a rabid man die?
(a) At school.
(b) Near her village home.
(c) In the market.
(d) Outside the doctor's clinic.
9. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
10. What type of plane is mentioned in the book?
11. How large is the family farm inherited by Darrel?
(a) 500 acres.
(b) 1,000 acres.
(c) 50,000 acres.
(d) 10,000 acres.
12. What is the name of the new Sikh boys' gang?
(b) Kali Lions.
(c) Khalsa Lions.
13. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
14. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
15. What is the ship captain's name?
(c) Little Clyde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
2. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
3. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
4. Who arranged for Jasmine's illegal documents?
5. Who goes early for the latrine hour?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)