|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A twig.
(b) A piece of broken glass.
(c) A sharp stone.
(d) The knife she dropped.
2. Who wounded the mad dog?
(c) A soldier.
3. How was Masterji killed?
(c) Shot multiple times.
(d) Run down in the road.
4. Which item was NOT in the suitcase Jasmine brought from India to America?
(d) An old sari.
5. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son is from where?
6. Who tried to strangle Jasmine at birth?
(a) Her oldest sister.
(b) Her dad.
(c) The midwife.
(d) Her mother.
7. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
(a) The Gulf Shuttle.
(b) Still Floatin'.
(c) Hauled Over.
(d) Catchin' Dreams.
8. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
9. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(a) A knife.
(b) A ring.
(d) A Bible.
10. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A radio.
(b) A car.
(c) A bag.
(d) A music box
11. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
12. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Car, plane, boat.
(b) Plane, train, boat.
(c) Train, boat, car.
(d) Plane, boat, car.
13. Where was Little Clyde from?
14. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He fell from a tractor.
(b) He had a major stroke.
(c) He was run over by a car in town.
(d) He was shot in back.
15. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
(a) Madam Cleo's.
(b) Karin's Kurls.
(c) Mother's Beauty Parlor.
(d) Baden's Hair Salon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
2. What is the ship captain's name?
3. Who is Pitaji?
4. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
5. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)