|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
(b) Carcass of dead dog.
(c) Burned flesh.
(d) Sour milk.
2. What is Hari-prar's present from a customer whose car he fixed?
(b) A cap.
(c) A book.
(d) A watch.
3. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He fell from a tractor.
(b) He was shot in back.
(c) He was run over by a car in town.
(d) He had a major stroke.
4. Who murdered someone in the hotel?
(a) The Mauritian girl.
5. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
6. What is a kirpan?
(a) A ceremonial dagger.
(b) A type of sword.
(c) A holy book.
(d) A small tool.
7. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
8. What type of shop did Arvind-prar and Hari-prar open?
(a) A money exchange shop.
(b) An electronics shop.
(c) A scooter shop.
(d) A sari shop.
9. What is the name of Prakash's boss?
(b) Professor Vadhera.
(c) Mr. Jagtiani.
(d) Dr. Webb.
10. Where did Jasmine see a rabid man die?
(a) In the market.
(b) At school.
(c) Outside the doctor's clinic.
(d) Near her village home.
11. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
12. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
(a) Behind the hotel in a trash can.
(b) On the shore where they arrived.
(c) In a garbage can in the hotel room.
(d) On a road away from the hotel.
13. What is the name of the boat Jasmine stows away on during the last leg of her journey?
(a) Still Floatin'.
(b) The Gulf Shuttle.
(c) Catchin' Dreams.
(d) Hauled Over.
14. Who is Dida?
(a) Jasmine's aunt.
(b) Jasmine's sister.
(c) Pitaji's mother.
(d) Mataji's mother.
15. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
(a) Professor Vadhera.
(b) Masterji's nephew in California.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
2. How was Masterji killed?
3. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
4. Who came down from an ashram after Jasmine was widowed?
5. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)