|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) The servants.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her mother.
2. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
3. Who would not help the women under attack?
(a) Men picking the fields.
(b) Servants nearby.
(c) Bidi smokers.
4. What type of plane is mentioned in the book?
5. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
(a) Darrel's girlfriend.
(b) Darrel's feelings for Jasmine.
(c) The death of Darrel's father.
(d) Darrel selling the farm to land developers.
6. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
7. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
(a) Movie tickets.
(b) Boat tickets.
(c) Theater show tickets.
(d) Plane tickets.
8. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
9. What attacked the women at the latrine?
(a) A bull.
(b) A rabid monkey.
(c) A mad dog.
(d) A lion.
10. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
(b) Burned flesh.
(c) Carcass of dead dog.
(d) Sour milk.
11. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(a) A Bible.
(b) A ring.
(d) A knife.
12. The family maidservant is of what caste?
13. What was the name of the hotel Jasmine stayed in upon arrival in America?
(a) Flamingo Court.
(b) Paradise Bay.
(c) Pelican Bay.
(d) Pink Inn.
14. Which item was NOT in the suitcase Jasmine brought from India to America?
(c) An old sari.
15. Who told Jasmine of Masterji's murder?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jasmine burn under the jasmine tree?
2. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
3. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
4. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
5. How was Masterji killed?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)