|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jasmine's family home is the only house on the lane with what?
(a) A courtyard.
(c) A water pump.
(d) A window.
2. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A piece of broken glass.
(b) The knife she dropped.
(c) A sharp stone.
(d) A twig.
3. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Car, plane, boat.
(b) Train, boat, car.
(c) Plane, train, boat.
(d) Plane, boat, car.
4. Who was Prakash's benefactor?
(b) Professor Vadhera.
(c) Masterji's nephew in California.
5. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
(a) In a garbage can in the hotel room.
(b) Behind the hotel in a trash can.
(c) On the shore where they arrived.
(d) On a road away from the hotel.
6. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
(a) A bagel.
(b) A French fry.
(c) Mexican food.
(d) A chicken bone.
7. Who accuses Jasmine and her husband of living in sin?
8. Who is Dida?
(a) Pitaji's mother.
(b) Jasmine's sister.
(c) Jasmine's aunt.
(d) Mataji's mother.
9. What is a kirpan?
(a) A type of sword.
(b) A holy book.
(c) A small tool.
(d) A ceremonial dagger.
10. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
11. How old was Jasmine when she married?
12. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
(c) New York.
13. Jasmine read what type of manual to brush up on English?
14. Where did Jasmine see a rabid man die?
(a) Outside the doctor's clinic.
(b) Near her village home.
(c) In the market.
(d) At school.
15. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An astrologer.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
2. How was Masterji killed?
3. What is a nullah?
4. What is Bud's profession?
5. What does Khalsa mean?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)