|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family maidservant is of what caste?
2. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
(a) The first time she took a shower.
(b) The stench of the dead dog from the river.
(c) The smell of toilets in the Indian courtyards.
(d) The mad dog floating down the nullah.
3. The technical institutes that Prakash wanted to apply to were located in what state?
(b) New York.
4. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
5. What is a kirpan?
(a) A holy book.
(b) A ceremonial dagger.
(c) A small tool.
(d) A type of sword.
6. Why is Bud in a wheelchair?
(a) He fell from a tractor.
(b) He had a major stroke.
(c) He was run over by a car in town.
(d) He was shot in back.
7. Who said "individual effort counts for nothing"?
8. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Train, boat, car.
(b) Plane, boat, car.
(c) Plane, train, boat.
(d) Car, plane, boat.
9. According to Mataji, who has layers like an onion?
(c) A husband.
10. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A radio.
(b) A bag.
(c) A music box
(d) A car.
11. Who had Jasmine helped with door-to-door sales?
12. What is a nullah?
(a) A type of fruit.
(b) A small cove.
(c) A hut.
(d) A body of water.
13. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
(a) The doctor.
(b) His family.
(c) His students.
(d) His neighbors.
14. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
(b) Garbage in the water.
(d) Cones of a nuclear power plant.
15. In the United States, where does Jasmine make her home with Bud?
(a) Fowlers Key, Florida.
(b) San Diego, California.
(c) Baden, Iowa.
(d) Flushing, New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jasmine's injury is tended to by whom?
2. Who tried to strangle Jasmine at birth?
3. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
4. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
5. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)