|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jasmine compares her injury to what marking on the holiest sages?
(a) A small cut.
(b) A large bruise.
(c) A hole in her forehead.
(d) A third eye.
2. How many brothers does Jasmine have?
3. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
4. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Car, plane, boat.
(b) Plane, train, boat.
(c) Train, boat, car.
(d) Plane, boat, car.
5. Who is Dida?
(a) Jasmine's aunt.
(b) Jasmine's sister.
(c) Pitaji's mother.
(d) Mataji's mother.
6. What does Bud call Jasmine?
7. In villages close to the border, what is an acceptable profession?
(c) Drug dealing.
8. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
(a) Mexican food.
(b) A chicken bone.
(c) A bagel.
(d) A French fry.
9. The bomb that killed Prakash was inside of what?
(a) A radio.
(b) A bag.
(c) A car.
(d) A music box
10. What is the name of Prakash's boss?
(a) Professor Vadhera.
(c) Mr. Jagtiani.
(d) Dr. Webb.
11. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
12. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
(b) New York.
13. Where did Jasmine's family live before the Partition Riots?
14. What tickets does Hari-prar give Jasmine?
(a) Boat tickets.
(b) Theater show tickets.
(c) Movie tickets.
(d) Plane tickets.
15. What were the courtyard toilets filled with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Lions deliver the bomb that kill Prakash?
2. Who would not help the women under attack?
3. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
4. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
5. What was the name of the hotel Jasmine stayed in upon arrival in America?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)