|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
2. Whom does Jasmine see from her kitchen window riding a tractor in neighboring farm fields?
3. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
(a) In the grocery store.
(b) On the street.
(c) In a bank.
(d) At his mother's house.
4. Who said "individual effort counts for nothing"?
5. After her outburst Jasmine's sisters leave and where does Jasmine go?
(a) For a walk.
(b) For a swim.
(c) To buy food.
(d) To visit her best friend.
6. What color is the sari Jasmine chose to wear for the movies?
7. Who were witnesses to Masterji's murder?
(a) His neighbors.
(b) His family.
(c) His students.
(d) The doctor.
8. According to Mataji, who has layers like an onion?
(a) A husband.
9. In which state do Darrel's parents vacation in January?
(b) New York.
10. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Plane, boat, car.
(b) Train, boat, car.
(c) Car, plane, boat.
(d) Plane, train, boat.
11. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
(a) Little Clyde.
(d) Mother Ripplemeyer.
12. What type of plane is mentioned in the book?
13. What is a kirpan?
(a) A type of sword.
(b) A small tool.
(c) A ceremonial dagger.
(d) A holy book.
14. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
(a) A chicken bone.
(b) A French fry.
(c) A bagel.
(d) Mexican food.
15. When Half-Face told the illegals he was smuggling and to hit the water if they hear three blasts of the whistle, what did Jasmine recall?
(a) The stench of the dead dog from the river.
(b) The mad dog floating down the nullah.
(c) The first time she took a shower.
(d) The smell of toilets in the Indian courtyards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who collects pieces of aluminum foil?
2. Jasmine and Bud's adopted son came to them at what age?
3. What smell haunts Jasmine every time she takes a sip of water?
4. What does Khalsa mean?
5. Jasmine's family home is the only house on the lane with what?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)