|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In villages close to the border, what is an acceptable profession?
(d) Drug dealing.
2. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
3. During her fall Jasmine's forehead is cut by what?
(a) A sharp stone.
(b) A twig.
(c) The knife she dropped.
(d) A piece of broken glass.
4. What does Bud call Jasmine?
5. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
(b) Little Clyde.
6. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
(c) Little Clyde.
7. What attacked the women at the latrine?
(a) A mad dog.
(b) A bull.
(c) A lion.
(d) A rabid monkey.
8. Who said "individual effort counts for nothing"?
9. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
(a) Cones of a nuclear power plant.
(c) Garbage in the water.
10. Who died from being gored by a bull?
11. When asked by Pitaji, in front of her teacher, what does Jasmine say she wants to do?
(a) Be a steno.
(b) Be bank teller.
(c) Get married.
(d) Be a doctor.
12. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) A storyteller.
(b) Her husband.
(c) Her mother.
(d) An astrologer.
13. Who yells "Prostitutes! Whores!" after the bomb goes off?
(b) The Doctor.
14. Who goes early for the latrine hour?
(c) Neighborhood women.
15. Who is Dida?
(a) Jasmine's sister.
(b) Pitaji's mother.
(c) Jasmine's aunt.
(d) Mataji's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Darrel's father died when he choked on what?
2. What is a kirpan?
3. How was Masterji killed?
4. What type of pin does Du give Jasmine?
5. Who is Pitaji?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)