|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jasmine's brothers sell the farm to?
(d) Vancouver Singh.
2. Which one is the correct order of transportation for Jasmine's journey to America from India?
(a) Car, plane, boat.
(b) Plane, train, boat.
(c) Train, boat, car.
(d) Plane, boat, car.
3. According to Mataji, who has layers like an onion?
(b) A husband.
4. Who is a lotus blooming in cow dung?
5. Instead of going to "Tampah" and burning the suit under the tree on campus, where did Jasmine burn the suit?
(a) In a garbage can in the hotel room.
(b) Behind the hotel in a trash can.
(c) On a road away from the hotel.
(d) On the shore where they arrived.
6. Of all the men that visit their courtyard whom does Jasmine fall in love with?
(b) Little Cylde.
7. How old is Jasmine when she is in the tea shop waiting with her brothers?
8. What is the name of the new Sikh boys' gang?
(a) Khalsa Lions.
(c) Kali Lions.
9. What type of plane is mentioned in the book?
10. What does Khalsa mean?
11. Who has a nephew in California?
12. Who said "very, very, very Indian, Jassy"?
(c) Little Clyde.
(d) Mother Ripplemeyer.
13. What farewell present did Kingsland slip into Jasmine's hand just before they docked in America?
(a) A ring.
(b) A Bible.
(d) A knife.
14. Whom did Jasmine stay with at the hotel?
(d) Little Clyde.
15. Who yells "Prostitutes! Whores!" after the bomb goes off?
(a) The Doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bud first meet Jasmine?
2. Who is Mataji?
3. What was the name of the Jamaican traveling on the boat with Jasmine?
4. What is the name of the local beauty salon?
5. Who wounded the mad dog?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)