|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
(a) Another passenger.
(b) A railway porter.
(c) A waitress.
(d) A pilot.
2. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
3. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
(a) Cones of a nuclear power plant.
(b) Garbage in the water.
4. Who is Jasmine disagreeing with in the beginning of the story?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) An astrologer.
(d) A storyteller.
5. What is a kirpan?
(a) A ceremonial dagger.
(b) A holy book.
(c) A type of sword.
(d) A small tool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hails Jasmine's brother as they leave the tea shop?
2. What is Bud's profession?
3. Who collects pieces of aluminum foil?
4. What is a nullah?
5. What was the name of the hotel Jasmine stayed in upon arrival in America?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)