|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 18, 19 and 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which item was NOT in the suitcase Jasmine brought from India to America?
(c) An old sari.
2. How old was Jasmine when she married?
3. Immediately upon her arrival in New York City from Florida whom does Jasmine encounter?
(b) Professorji and his wife.
(d) A beggar.
4. Dr. Webb believes she used to be what?
(a) An elephant.
(b) A giant kangaroo.
(c) A flower.
(d) An Aborigine male.
5. Bud and Darrel are at odds over what?
(a) Darrel's girlfriend.
(b) Darrel selling the farm to land developers.
(c) Darrel's feelings for Jasmine.
(d) The death of Darrel's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said "individual effort counts for nothing"?
2. What filled the brass-pitchers carried to the latrine?
3. What was first thing Jasmine saw when she came into American shores?
4. Who arranged for Jasmine's illegal documents?
5. Who told Jasmine about a captain who takes contraband to the U.S.?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)