* Jasmine begins her story at age seven.
* An astrologer foretells widowhood and exile for Jasmine which she refuses to accept as her fate.
* Jasmine's forehead is injured when she falls after being tapped on the head by the astrologer.
* After her sisters tend to her injury Jasmine swims and forever remembers the smell from a rotting dog she inadvertently touched.
* Jasmine is twenty-four years old now and living in America.
* Jasmine is pregnant, living with the baby's father, and serving Indian dishes to her neighbors.
* Bud and Jasmine adopt Du and spend Sundays at Mother Ripplemeyer's house.
* Jasmine cares for Bud who is now in a wheelchair from gunshot wounds.
* Jasmine gives Darrel a ride back to his farm because he is too drunk to drive.
* Jasmine realizes Bud is a good judge of character.
* Darrel's invitation implies he wants...
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)