Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
• Jasmine begins her story at age seven.
• An astrologer foretells widowhood and exile for Jasmine which she refuses to accept as her fate.
• Jasmine's forehead is injured when she falls after being tapped on the head by the astrologer.
• After her sisters tend to her injury Jasmine swims and forever remembers the smell from a rotting dog she inadvertently touched.
• Jasmine is twenty-four years old now and living in America.
• Jasmine is pregnant, living with the baby's father, and serving Indian dishes to her neighbors.
• Bud and Jasmine adopt Du and spend Sundays at Mother Ripplemeyer's house.
• Jasmine cares for Bud who is now in a wheelchair from gunshot wounds.
• Jasmine gives Darrel a ride back to his farm because he is too drunk to drive.
• Jasmine realizes Bud is a good judge of character.
• Darrel's invitation implies he wants...
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)