|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
2. Where does Mary meet with Mrs. Bassat?
3. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
4. What does Mary find at the vicarage which disturbs her?
5. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "Jamaica Inn." Who are Mary's family? Is family important to Mary? How does Mary's family affect her decisions and actions?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the imagery that Du Maurier uses in "Jamaica Inn." What are some examples of imagery in the novel? What themes or ideas do these examples represent?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the struggles faced by Mary throughout the novel. What struggles does Mary face? How does she overcome them?
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)