Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
2. Where does Mary meet with Mrs. Bassat?
3. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
4. What does Mary find at the vicarage which disturbs her?
5. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Du Maurier's use of irony in the novel "Jamaica Inn." What is irony? What are the three types of irony? What are some examples of irony in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of death in the novel "Jamaica Inn." How does Du Maurier illustrate the death motif throughout the novel? What do the characters think of death? How do the characters, particularly Mary, react to the deaths? Why are these deaths occurring?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of fear in the novel "Jamaica Inn." What are some examples of fear in the novel? What does Mary fear and why? Does she face her fears?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)