Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
2. Where does Mary meet with Mrs. Bassat?
3. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
4. What does Mary find at the vicarage which disturbs her?
5. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are they, and what are their defining character traits? How are they related to the main characters? What are their roles in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the struggles faced by Mary throughout the novel. What struggles does Mary face? How does she overcome them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Du Maurier's inclusion of violence in the novel "Jamaica Inn." What are some examples of violence in the novel? How do these examples affect the tone of the scene? Are these examples necessary?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)