Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
2. Where does Mary meet with Mrs. Bassat?
3. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
4. What does Mary find at the vicarage which disturbs her?
5. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the antagonist of the novel "Jamaica Inn." Who is the antagonist of the novel? Why is he the antagonist? What does he do to the main characters? What does the antagonist look like?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of suspicion in the novel "Jamaica Inn." Who is suspicious of whom and why? Do these characters act on their suspicions? Are their suspicions based on truth? How do these examples of suspicion affect the tone of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the protagonist of the novel, Mary. What are Mary's defining character traits? Who is she close to in the novel? What happens to Mary throughout the novel?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)