|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(b) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(d) Her charity work.
2. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man with a very deep voice.
(b) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(c) A man who is drunk.
(d) A man disguised as a vicar.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
(a) A birth.
(b) A murder.
(c) A fire.
(d) A shipwreck.
6. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's best friend.
(b) Mary's grandfather.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's sister.
7. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
8. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) One week.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three days.
9. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Coming to see him alone.
(b) Missing church services.
(c) Avoiding her family.
(d) Wearing her best dress.
10. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) At his sister's house.
(b) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
(c) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(d) At hte town church.
11. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A man on horseback.
(d) A child.
12. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
13. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Organize his books.
(b) Do his laundry.
(c) Make him lunch.
(d) Clean his kitchen.
14. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
15. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) To her hometown.
(b) To the moors.
(c) Jamaica Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
2. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
3. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
5. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)