|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) When night falls.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
2. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
(a) Don't believe the words of an old drunk.
(b) Don't jump to conclusions.
(c) Don't go to the authorities.
(d) Don't trust anyone.
3. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) In his dogcart.
4. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are opulent in decoration.
(b) They are completely empty.
(c) They are used for storage.
(d) They are full of cobwebs.
5. Where does Mary wait while Jem goes to retrieve the cart?
(a) Under the hotel awning.
(b) By the river.
(c) Beside an oak tree.
(d) At the saloon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
3. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
4. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
5. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)