|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
(a) The threat of divine judgement.
(c) Coastal guards.
(d) Finding employment.
2. Who tries to buy the high-bred pony from Jem?
(a) Mrs. Bassat.
(b) The squire.
(c) Mr. Davey.
(d) The mayor.
3. What kind of house does Jem have?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A shack.
(c) A farm.
(d) A cottage.
4. What do the thieves discover when they return to the carriage?
(a) There is a dead man inside it.
(b) Its wheel is broken.
(c) It won't hold the cargo.
(d) It is stuck in the dirt.
5. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
(b) A cupboard full of silver pieces.
(c) A bloody knife.
(d) A few letters of correspondence.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
2. What does Harry accuse Joss of in Chapter 12?
3. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)