|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
(a) Finding employment.
(b) The threat of divine judgement.
(d) Coastal guards.
2. What does Jem notice about Mary's appearance in Chapter 13?
(a) Her torn dress.
(b) Her injuries.
(c) Her tear stained cheeks.
(d) Her disheveled hair.
3. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Hide her letters.
(b) Lock the door.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Tell anyone she is going.
4. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The vicar.
(b) The press.
(c) The squire.
5. What kind of house does Jem have?
(a) A cottage.
(b) A cabin.
(c) A shack.
(d) A farm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
2. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
3. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
4. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
5. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)