|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Hide her letters.
(b) Tell anyone she is going.
(c) Lock the door.
(d) Have breakfast.
2. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) One hour.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Half and hour.
3. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
4. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
(a) A man in a carriage.
(b) A vicar.
(c) A young lady.
(d) A group of rough looking men.
5. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Turn Joss over to the authorities.
(b) Tell Mr. Davey where Joss plans to go.
(c) Let her take care of Joss.
(d) Set Joss's horse loose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
2. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
3. Why do Joss's men start to fight?
4. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)