|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
(a) She got it from a mysterious stranger.
(b) She got it from squire Besset.
(c) She got it from Mr. Davey.
(d) She hired it.
2. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) In his dogcart.
(d) On foot.
3. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
(a) It is very late.
(b) She can't be seen in Patience's dress.
(c) She promised she would stay in her room.
(d) Joss's friends are loitering around.
4. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
(a) The vicar is not home.
(b) Joss is already there waiting for her.
(c) Everyone is at a funeral for the sailors.
(d) She has forgotten her evidence against Joss.
5. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) The doors and shutters are locked.
(b) There is a musty, bloody smell.
(c) The furniture has all been removed.
(d) There seems to have been a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
3. What do Jem and Mary attend in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of Joss's brother?
5. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)