|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
2. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are charming.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are suspicious.
(d) They are vulgar.
3. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) Joss is not home.
(b) It is raining outside.
(c) She wants him to walk into her trap.
(d) She trusts Squire Basset.
4. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
(a) To illuminate Joss' maps and charts.
(b) To keep ships away.
(c) To draw ships onto the rocks.
(d) To communicate with another band of thieves.
5. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
(a) Don't go to the authorities.
(b) Don't believe the words of an old drunk.
(c) Don't trust anyone.
(d) Don't jump to conclusions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Joss's men start to fight?
2. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
4. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)