|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Lose her shoes in mud.
(b) Get stuck in moors.
(c) Trip on the loose rocks.
(d) Fall into a ditch.
2. What does Harry accuse Joss of in Chapter 12?
(a) Working for someone.
(b) Taking more than his share of the cargo.
(c) Putting Mary in danger.
(d) Being a cold-blooded killer.
3. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
(a) A fever.
(b) Joss's orders.
(d) Cold weather.
4. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
(a) At the same time Mary gets in.
(b) A few yards from Jamaica Inn.
(c) When the carriage reaches his house.
(d) At the turn for Altarnun.
5. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(d) Jem offers to reward her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
5. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)