|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
(a) To visit an old friend.
(b) To a fair with Jem.
(c) To tell the squire about his illegal activities.
(d) To a service at church.
2. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) On horseback.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) In his dogcart.
3. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
(a) Four days.
(b) One day.
(c) Two days.
(d) Five hours.
4. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
(a) A dog barks.
(b) She hears her name being called.
(c) She hears leaves rustling.
(d) Something hits her window.
5. How many of his own men does Joss kill?
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
4. What does Jem steal from Mary in Chapter 9?
5. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)