|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The outer door to the bar.
(b) The pantry door.
(c) The cellar door.
(d) Joss's bedroom door.
2. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
(d) A dead body.
3. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
(a) He bumps his head.
(b) He goes on a drinking binge.
(c) He has a hallucination.
(d) He comes down with a fever.
4. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
(a) The vicar is not home.
(b) Joss is already there waiting for her.
(c) She has forgotten her evidence against Joss.
(d) Everyone is at a funeral for the sailors.
5. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She pretends to be sick.
(b) She speaks to her dead parents.
(c) She quickly dresses.
(d) She stares out her window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
2. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
3. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
4. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
5. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)