|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
(a) It is very late.
(b) Joss's friends are loitering around.
(c) She promised she would stay in her room.
(d) She can't be seen in Patience's dress.
2. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Spend the night with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Help him get to Joss.
(d) Steal a pony with him.
3. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
(a) Travel to Altarnun and back.
(b) Go visit Jem.
(c) Set the horse free.
(d) Collect some food for the journey.
4. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
(a) To a house.
(b) The vicarage.
(c) The saloon.
(d) To the blacksmith's.
5. Who tries to buy the high-bred pony from Jem?
(a) Mr. Davey.
(b) Mrs. Bassat.
(c) The mayor.
(d) The squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
2. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
3. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
4. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
5. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)