|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
(a) She got it from Mr. Davey.
(b) She got it from a mysterious stranger.
(c) She hired it.
(d) She got it from squire Besset.
2. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) Pay for their burial.
(b) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
(c) He would kill them.
(d) Bring them back to the inn.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(b) That he has killed someone.
(c) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(d) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
4. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Half and hour.
(c) One hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
5. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
(a) To keep ships away.
(b) To draw ships onto the rocks.
(c) To illuminate Joss' maps and charts.
(d) To communicate with another band of thieves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
2. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
3. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)