|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Organize his books.
(b) Make him lunch.
(c) Clean his kitchen.
(d) Do his laundry.
2. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Tell anyone she is going.
(b) Lock the door.
(c) Hide her letters.
(d) Have breakfast.
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) Jem offers to reward her.
(d) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
4. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Why Patience can be heard crying.
(b) Why the building smells of smoke.
(c) Where Harry is hiding.
(d) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
5. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(b) Patience goes to bed.
(c) Patience falls ill.
(d) Patience goes to hang laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
2. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
3. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
4. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
5. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)