|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is giddy.
(d) He is enraged.
2. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Textile work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Brick work.
(d) Farm work.
3. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
(a) Angered Jem.
(b) Wrecked the ship on his own.
(c) Killed his friends.
(d) Dragged Mary to the beach.
4. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
(a) To hide their trail.
(b) To dispose of the dead bodies.
(c) To send a signal.
(d) To keep warm.
5. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
(a) A threatening letter.
(b) A piston.
(c) A noose.
(d) A bloodied knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
2. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
3. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
4. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
5. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)