|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he had been waiting for her.
(b) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(c) Whether she acted foolishly.
(d) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
2. What does Mr. Davey give Mary in Chapter 10?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A note.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A flask.
3. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Let her take care of Joss.
(b) Turn Joss over to the authorities.
(c) Set Joss's horse loose.
(d) Tell Mr. Davey where Joss plans to go.
4. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A letter from a magistrate.
(d) A warrant to search the inn.
5. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The press.
(c) The vicar.
(d) The squire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who raised Mary?
2. Who died when Mary was six years old?
3. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
4. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
5. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)