|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(b) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(c) Jem offers to reward her.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
2. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
(b) That he has never stolen.
(c) That he has never killed anyone.
(d) That he has a small fortune saved.
3. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
(a) To communicate with another band of thieves.
(b) To draw ships onto the rocks.
(c) To keep ships away.
(d) To illuminate Joss' maps and charts.
4. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
(a) A servant.
(b) His son.
(c) Mrs. Basset.
(d) An officer of the law.
5. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) To stick by her aunt's side.
(b) To keep away from horse thieves.
(c) To keep her mouth shut.
(d) To brush her teeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Mary live in?
2. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
3. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
5. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)