|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Hide her letters.
(b) Lock the door.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Tell anyone she is going.
2. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(b) At his sister's house.
(c) At hte town church.
(d) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
3. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) That he seems to distrust people.
(b) A duality in his personality.
(c) His crippled hand.
(d) That she caught him glaring at her.
4. What does Mr. Davey say will stop Joss from causing ships to wreck?
(a) Coastal guards.
(b) The threat of divine judgement.
(c) Finding employment.
5. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Like a stranger.
(b) As though he were a baby.
(c) Without much care.
(d) As though he were a dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
2. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
3. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
4. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
5. What does Jem assure Mary about Joss in Chapter 9?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)