|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(b) Whether he had been waiting for her.
(c) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(d) Whether she acted foolishly.
2. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As sullen.
(b) As vivacious.
(c) As jolly.
(d) As strict.
3. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(a) Her hometown.
4. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Brick work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Farm work.
(d) Textile work.
5. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
(a) Tregurrian Marsh.
(b) Trewartha Marsh.
(c) Trewoon Marsh.
(d) Todpool Marsh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
2. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
4. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
5. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)