|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Farm work.
(b) Brick work.
(c) Textile work.
(d) Pottery work.
2. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
(a) Because of his profession.
(b) Because of his smile.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because of his shyness.
3. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
4. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience falls ill.
(b) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(c) Patience goes to bed.
(d) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
5. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
3. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
4. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
5. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)