|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a bear.
(b) Like a puppy dog.
(c) Like a lioness.
(d) Like a mouse.
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(b) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(c) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(d) To calm Patience.
3. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(b) Three times.
(d) Five times.
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He doesn't sleep.
(c) He prays.
(d) He carves them grave stones.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(b) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(c) That he has killed someone.
(d) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
2. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
3. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
4. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
5. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)