|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) The mice and insects in the house.
(b) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(c) Noises in the yard during the night.
(d) Local men who try to talk to her.
2. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
(a) George Davey.
(b) Francis Davey.
(c) Lucas Davey.
(d) Matthew Davey.
3. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) A lantern.
(b) Metal wire.
(c) A cart.
(d) A pony.
4. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Trip on the loose rocks.
(b) Fall into a ditch.
(c) Get stuck in moors.
(d) Lose her shoes in mud.
5. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) In Launceston.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) Between Bodmin and the border.
(d) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
2. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
3. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)