|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's sister.
(b) Mary's grandfather.
(c) Mary's best friend.
(d) Mary's father.
2. What country does Mary live in?
3. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That the silver is her dowry.
(b) That Joss has left town for good.
(c) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(d) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
4. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he treats Patience.
(b) How he takes his tea.
(c) How dirty his hands are.
(d) How he chews his food.
5. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's aunt's name?
2. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
4. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)