|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(b) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
(c) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(d) What her hopes and dreams are.
2. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
(b) An unknown figure.
3. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(b) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(c) When night falls.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
4. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
(a) Trewoon Marsh.
(b) Trewartha Marsh.
(c) Todpool Marsh.
(d) Tregurrian Marsh.
5. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Fall into a ditch.
(b) Get stuck in moors.
(c) Lose her shoes in mud.
(d) Trip on the loose rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
2. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
5. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)