|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(c) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(d) Jem offers to reward her.
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Stay in her bedroom.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Keep Patience company.
(d) Dine at a friends'.
3. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(b) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
(c) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(d) What her hopes and dreams are.
4. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) Joss's bedroom door.
(b) The outer door to the bar.
(c) The pantry door.
(d) The cellar door.
5. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
2. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
3. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
4. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
5. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)