|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
2. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to France.
(b) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(c) A trip to Ireland.
(d) A trip to a village festival.
3. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(b) To calm Patience.
(c) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(d) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
4. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Missing church services.
(b) Avoiding her family.
(c) Wearing her best dress.
(d) Coming to see him alone.
5. What is Mary's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
3. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)