|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(b) In Launceston.
(c) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(d) Between Bodmin and the border.
2. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience falls ill.
(b) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(c) Patience goes to bed.
(d) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
3. What is the name of Joss's brother?
4. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His father's disappearance.
(b) His housefire.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) The village riot.
5. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the evening.
(d) Just before lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
2. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
3. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
5. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)