|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(b) At hte town church.
(c) At his sister's house.
(d) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
2. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The eighteenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The seventeenth century.
(d) The nineteenth century.
3. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Dine at a friends'.
(b) Stay in her bedroom.
(c) Keep Patience company.
(d) Work in the bar.
4. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) A cart.
(b) Metal wire.
(c) A pony.
(d) A lantern.
5. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His father's disappearance.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His housefire.
(d) The village riot.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
2. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
3. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
4. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
5. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)