|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As strict.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As vivacious.
(d) As jolly.
2. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) Between Bodmin and the border.
(d) In Launceston.
3. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His father's disappearance.
(b) His housefire.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) The village riot.
4. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) A pony.
(b) A cart.
(c) Metal wire.
(d) A lantern.
5. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are opulent in decoration.
(b) They are used for storage.
(c) They are completely empty.
(d) They are full of cobwebs.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
4. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
5. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)