|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Farm work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Textile work.
(d) Brick work.
2. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Make him lunch.
(b) Organize his books.
(c) Clean his kitchen.
(d) Do his laundry.
3. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a lioness.
(b) Like a bear.
(c) Like a mouse.
(d) Like a puppy dog.
4. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) When he intends to kick her out.
(b) Where she is allowed to go.
(c) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(d) His expectations of her.
5. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Wagons in the yard.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) The smell of baking bread.
(d) Joss shouting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
2. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
3. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
4. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)