|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and the border.
(b) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(c) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(d) In Launceston.
2. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) He would kill them.
(b) Bring them back to the inn.
(c) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
(d) Pay for their burial.
3. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether she acted foolishly.
(b) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(c) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(d) Whether he had been waiting for her.
4. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are completely empty.
(b) They are used for storage.
(c) They are full of cobwebs.
(d) They are opulent in decoration.
5. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
2. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
4. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
5. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)