|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Wearing her best dress.
(b) Avoiding her family.
(c) Missing church services.
(d) Coming to see him alone.
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Fall into a ditch.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Lose her shoes in mud.
(d) Get stuck in moors.
4. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is hallucinating.
(b) He is giddy with excitement.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is feeling sick.
5. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
(b) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(c) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(d) What her hopes and dreams are.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
2. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
3. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
4. What kind of house does Jem have?
5. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)