|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) In his dogcart.
(b) On horseback.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) On foot.
2. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
3. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Visits neighbors.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Has tea.
(d) Does household chores.
4. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
(a) A bloody knife.
(b) A few letters of correspondence.
(d) A cupboard full of silver pieces.
5. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is giddy with excitement.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is feeling sick.
(d) He is hallucinating.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
3. What kind of work did her family do?
4. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
5. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)