|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Visits neighbors.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Has tea.
(d) Does household chores.
2. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are suspicious.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are charming.
(d) They are vulgar.
3. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
(a) Because of his smile.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of his shyness.
(d) Because of his profession.
4. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He carves them grave stones.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He doesn't sleep.
(d) He prays.
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Work in the bar.
(b) Stay in her bedroom.
(c) Keep Patience company.
(d) Dine at a friends'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
2. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
3. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
4. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
5. What is the name of Joss's brother?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)