|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
2. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to a village festival.
(b) A trip to France.
(c) A trip to Ireland.
(d) A trip to the shore with her parents.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(b) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(c) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(d) That he has killed someone.
4. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(b) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(c) That her uncle is not a thief.
(d) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
5. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) He would kill them.
(b) Bring them back to the inn.
(c) Pay for their burial.
(d) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
4. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
5. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)