|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(b) His expectations of her.
(c) When he intends to kick her out.
(d) Where she is allowed to go.
2. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's best friend.
(b) Mary's grandfather.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's sister.
3. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That Joss has left town for good.
(b) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(c) That the silver is her dowry.
(d) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
4. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) His father.
(b) Squire Bassat.
(c) Lord Cornwall.
(d) A man with a drinking problemm.
5. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(b) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
(c) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(d) What her hopes and dreams are.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
2. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
5. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)