|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She takes long walks on the moors.
(b) She goes to the river.
(c) She sits on the porch.
(d) She reads in her room.
2. What is Mary's aunt's name?
3. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
(a) Francis Davey.
(b) Lucas Davey.
(c) Matthew Davey.
(d) George Davey.
4. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Squire Bassat.
(b) A man with a drinking problemm.
(c) His father.
(d) Lord Cornwall.
5. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Visit the cemetery.
(b) Sit at home alone.
(c) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(d) Help out a church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
2. Who died when Mary was six years old?
3. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
4. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
5. What century is the novel set in?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)