|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(d) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
2. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
(a) A fever.
(b) Joss's orders.
(c) Cold weather.
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(b) Jem offers to reward her.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
4. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To hold village meetings.
(b) To run Joss's business from.
(c) To be Joss's personal residence.
(d) For the convenience of travelers.
5. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) To her hometown.
(b) To the moors.
(d) Jamaica Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
2. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
3. What is Mary's last name?
4. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
5. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)