|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(b) Between Bodmin and the border.
(c) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(d) In Launceston.
2. What is Mary's last name?
3. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
4. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience falls ill.
(b) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(c) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(d) Patience goes to bed.
5. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
(a) She trips and falls.
(b) She encounters a flock of sheep.
(c) She gets lost.
(d) She feels sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
2. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
3. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)