|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house does Jem have?
(a) A cabin.
(b) A shack.
(c) A cottage.
(d) A farm.
2. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) One day.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Ten days.
3. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) A cart.
(b) A pony.
(c) A lantern.
(d) Metal wire.
4. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(b) To calm Patience.
(c) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(d) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
5. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he treats Patience.
(b) How he chews his food.
(c) How dirty his hands are.
(d) How he takes his tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
5. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)