|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(b) Local men who try to talk to her.
(c) The mice and insects in the house.
(d) Noises in the yard during the night.
2. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Textile work.
(b) Brick work.
(c) Farm work.
(d) Pottery work.
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(b) She feels sorry for him.
(c) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(d) Jem offers to reward her.
4. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(b) That Joss has left town for good.
(c) That the silver is her dowry.
(d) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
5. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The seventeenth century.
(b) The nineteenth century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
4. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
5. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)