|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
2. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As strict.
(b) As vivacious.
(c) As sullen.
(d) As jolly.
4. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) A man on horseback.
(c) An old woman.
(d) A child.
5. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) It is raining outside.
(b) She wants him to walk into her trap.
(c) She trusts Squire Basset.
(d) Joss is not home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
3. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
4. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
5. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)