|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The outer door to the bar.
(b) Joss's bedroom door.
(c) The pantry door.
(d) The cellar door.
2. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
3. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(b) A man disguised as a vicar.
(c) A man who is drunk.
(d) A man with a very deep voice.
4. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) What her hopes and dreams are.
(b) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(c) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
(d) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
5. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A letter from a magistrate.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A warrant to search the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
2. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
3. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
5. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)