|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
(a) A fever.
(b) Cold weather.
(c) Joss's orders.
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(b) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(c) To calm Patience.
(d) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
3. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are opulent in decoration.
(b) They are completely empty.
(c) They are used for storage.
(d) They are full of cobwebs.
4. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Lord Cornwall.
(b) His father.
(c) A man with a drinking problemm.
(d) Squire Bassat.
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(b) A man disguised as a vicar.
(c) A man who is drunk.
(d) A man with a very deep voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
2. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
3. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
4. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)