|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To hold village meetings.
(b) To run Joss's business from.
(c) To be Joss's personal residence.
(d) For the convenience of travelers.
2. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As strict.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As jolly.
(d) As vivacious.
4. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The outer door to the bar.
(b) The cellar door.
(c) Joss's bedroom door.
(d) The pantry door.
5. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Outcasts of respectable society.
(b) Poor farmers.
(c) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(d) The dregs of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
3. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
4. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)