|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To only marry for love.
(b) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
(c) To finish school.
(d) To travel the world and forget about her.
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(b) Horse thief.
(d) Confidence man.
3. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
4. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(b) Keeping up with her correspondence.
5. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) Between Bodmin and the border.
(d) In Launceston.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
2. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
3. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
5. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)