|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man disguised as a vicar.
(b) A man with a very deep voice.
(c) A man who is drunk.
(d) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
2. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) Just before lunch.
3. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are suspicious.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are charming.
(d) They are vulgar.
4. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Ten days.
5. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is hallucinating.
(c) He is giddy with excitement.
(d) He is feeling sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
2. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
3. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
4. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
5. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)