|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
2. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Poor farmers.
(b) Outcasts of respectable society.
(c) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(d) The dregs of society.
3. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) One of Joss' friends.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The cat.
4. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The nineteenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The eighteenth century.
(d) The seventeenth century.
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(b) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(c) To calm Patience.
(d) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
2. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
3. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
4. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
5. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)