|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Textile work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Brick work.
(d) Farm work.
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Visits neighbors.
(b) Does household chores.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Has tea.
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the evening.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) Just before lunch.
(d) In the early morning.
4. What is Mary's aunt's name?
5. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
2. Who raised Mary?
3. What century is the novel set in?
4. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
5. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)