|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(b) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(c) Her charity work.
2. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A letter from a magistrate.
(d) A warrant to search the inn.
3. What is Mary's aunt's name?
4. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To be Joss's personal residence.
(b) To hold village meetings.
(c) To run Joss's business from.
(d) For the convenience of travelers.
5. What country does Mary live in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
2. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
3. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
4. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
5. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)