|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(b) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(c) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(d) That he has killed someone.
2. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To run Joss's business from.
(b) For the convenience of travelers.
(c) To hold village meetings.
(d) To be Joss's personal residence.
3. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
4. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Lose her shoes in mud.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Fall into a ditch.
(d) Get stuck in moors.
5. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
(a) A servant.
(b) His son.
(c) An officer of the law.
(d) Mrs. Basset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. What country does Mary live in?
3. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
5. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)