|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
(a) Because of his smile.
(b) Because of his shyness.
(c) Because of his age.
(d) Because of his profession.
2. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(b) That Joss has left town for good.
(c) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(d) That the silver is her dowry.
3. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) In Launceston.
(d) Between Bodmin and the border.
4. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She stares out her window.
(b) She pretends to be sick.
(c) She speaks to her dead parents.
(d) She quickly dresses.
5. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(a) Three times.
(d) Five times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
3. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
4. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
5. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)