|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
(a) A threatening letter.
(b) A bloodied knife.
(c) A noose.
(d) A piston.
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he chews his food.
(b) How he treats Patience.
(c) How dirty his hands are.
(d) How he takes his tea.
4. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As jolly.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As strict.
(d) As vivacious.
5. What is Mary's aunt's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
2. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
4. What century is the novel set in?
5. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)