|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a lioness.
(b) Like a puppy dog.
(c) Like a bear.
(d) Like a mouse.
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Dine at a friends'.
(b) Stay in her bedroom.
(c) Keep Patience company.
(d) Work in the bar.
3. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
4. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(c) Keeping up with her correspondence.
5. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Get stuck in moors.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Fall into a ditch.
(d) Lose her shoes in mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's last name?
2. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
3. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
4. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
5. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)