|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) Joss is not home.
(b) It is raining outside.
(c) She wants him to walk into her trap.
(d) She trusts Squire Basset.
2. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(b) What her hopes and dreams are.
(c) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(d) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
3. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The cat.
(d) One of Joss' friends.
4. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
(a) An officer of the law.
(b) A servant.
(c) Mrs. Basset.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)