|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country does Mary live in?
2. What is the name of Joss's brother?
3. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) A fortnight.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One week.
(d) Three days.
4. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's friend.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary's aunt.
5. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Visits neighbors.
(b) Has tea.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Does household chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
2. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
3. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
4. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)