|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The outer door to the bar.
(b) The pantry door.
(c) The cellar door.
(d) Joss's bedroom door.
2. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(b) Her charity work.
(c) Keeping up with her correspondence.
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(b) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(c) That her uncle is not a thief.
(d) That her uncle is not a bad person.
4. What is Mary's last name?
5. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he takes his tea.
(b) How he chews his food.
(c) How he treats Patience.
(d) How dirty his hands are.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
3. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)