|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
2. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) In the evening.
(c) Just before lunch.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Has tea.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Visits neighbors.
(d) Does household chores.
4. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are opulent in decoration.
(b) They are completely empty.
(c) They are full of cobwebs.
(d) They are used for storage.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(b) That he has killed someone.
(c) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(d) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
5. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)