|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(b) To calm Patience.
(c) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(d) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Does household chores.
(b) Visits neighbors.
(c) Has tea.
(d) Writes in her diary.
3. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) To the moors.
(b) To her hometown.
(c) Jamaica Inn.
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who is drunk.
(b) A man with a very deep voice.
(c) A man disguised as a vicar.
(d) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
3. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
4. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
5. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)