|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) At hte town church.
(b) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(c) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
(d) At his sister's house.
2. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Get stuck in moors.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Fall into a ditch.
(d) Lose her shoes in mud.
3. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Ten days.
(d) A fortnight.
4. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Noises in the yard during the night.
(b) Local men who try to talk to her.
(c) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(d) The mice and insects in the house.
5. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
2. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
4. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
5. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)