|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) Jamaica Inn.
(b) To her hometown.
(d) To the moors.
2. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a mouse.
(b) Like a lioness.
(c) Like a bear.
(d) Like a puppy dog.
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
(a) The foreign landscape.
(b) The driver's incessant talking.
(c) The weather.
(d) The driver's smell.
4. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are suspicious.
(b) They are charming.
(c) They are vulgar.
(d) They are evil.
5. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(b) Keeping up with her correspondence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country does Mary live in?
2. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
4. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
5. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)