|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(b) Her charity work.
(c) Keeping up with her correspondence.
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
(a) The Morlynn family.
(b) The Mermann family.
(c) The Marlin family.
(d) The Merlyn family.
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As sullen.
(b) As jolly.
(c) As strict.
(d) As vivacious.
4. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Stay in her bedroom.
(b) Keep Patience company.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Work in the bar.
5. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(a) Horse thief.
(d) Confidence man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's aunt's name?
2. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
3. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
5. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)