|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) To her hometown.
(b) Jamaica Inn.
(c) To the moors.
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
(a) The Mermann family.
(b) The Morlynn family.
(c) The Marlin family.
(d) The Merlyn family.
3. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Writes in her diary.
(b) Has tea.
(c) Visits neighbors.
(d) Does household chores.
4. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To be Joss's personal residence.
(b) To run Joss's business from.
(c) For the convenience of travelers.
(d) To hold village meetings.
5. What is Mary's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)