|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(d) When Mary mentions her mother.
2. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(b) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(c) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(d) That he has killed someone.
3. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One week.
(d) A fortnight.
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the evening.
(c) Just before lunch.
(d) In the early morning.
5. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Local men who try to talk to her.
(b) Noises in the yard during the night.
(c) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(d) The mice and insects in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
2. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
4. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
5. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)