|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) When he intends to kick her out.
(b) His expectations of her.
(c) Where she is allowed to go.
(d) What she may and may not say to Patience.
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the evening.
(b) Just before lunch.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(a) The cat.
(b) One of Joss' friends.
(d) Her aunt.
5. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Mary's friend.
(d) Mary's aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
3. What is the name of Joss's brother?
4. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
5. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)