|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are used for storage.
(b) They are completely empty.
(c) They are opulent in decoration.
(d) They are full of cobwebs.
2. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he chews his food.
(b) How dirty his hands are.
(c) How he takes his tea.
(d) How he treats Patience.
3. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) One of Joss' friends.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) The cat.
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(b) A man disguised as a vicar.
(c) A man who is drunk.
(d) A man with a very deep voice.
5. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(a) Five times.
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
2. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
3. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
4. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
5. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)