|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(b) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(c) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(d) To calm Patience.
2. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(c) Her charity work.
3. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(b) Her hometown.
4. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
(b) At his sister's house.
(c) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(d) At hte town church.
5. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Just before lunch.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
4. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
5. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)