|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To finish school.
(b) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To travel the world and forget about her.
2. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Lose her shoes in mud.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Get stuck in moors.
(d) Fall into a ditch.
4. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
(a) Joss's orders.
(b) Cold weather.
(d) A fever.
5. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and the border.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) In Launceston.
(d) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
2. What kind of work did her family do?
3. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)