|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Dine at a friends'.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Keep Patience company.
(d) Stay in her bedroom.
2. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Get stuck in moors.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Fall into a ditch.
(d) Lose her shoes in mud.
3. What is Mary's aunt's name?
4. What is Mary's last name?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he has killed someone.
(b) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(c) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(d) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
2. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
4. What is the name of Joss's brother?
5. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)