|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he treats Patience.
(b) How dirty his hands are.
(c) How he takes his tea.
(d) How he chews his food.
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
(a) The Merlyn family.
(b) The Marlin family.
(c) The Mermann family.
(d) The Morlynn family.
3. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(a) Her hometown.
4. What country does Mary live in?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(b) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(c) That he has killed someone.
(d) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
2. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
3. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
4. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)