|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
2. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Outcasts of respectable society.
(b) Poor farmers.
(c) The dregs of society.
(d) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(b) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(c) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(d) That her uncle is not a thief.
4. What is Mary's aunt's name?
5. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To be Joss's personal residence.
(b) To run Joss's business from.
(c) For the convenience of travelers.
(d) To hold village meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's last name?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
3. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
4. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
5. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)