|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Joss shouting.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Wagons in the yard.
(d) The smell of baking bread.
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The outer door to the bar.
(b) Joss's bedroom door.
(c) The pantry door.
(d) The cellar door.
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. What is Mary's aunt's name?
5. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's friend.
(b) Mary's aunt.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
2. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
3. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)