|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Fall into a ditch.
(b) Get stuck in moors.
(c) Lose her shoes in mud.
(d) Trip on the loose rocks.
2. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Farm work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Brick work.
(d) Textile work.
3. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She speaks to her dead parents.
(b) She quickly dresses.
(c) She stares out her window.
(d) She pretends to be sick.
4. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
(b) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(c) At his sister's house.
(d) At hte town church.
5. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) His father.
(b) Squire Bassat.
(c) A man with a drinking problemm.
(d) Lord Cornwall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
3. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
4. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)