|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) To keep her mouth shut.
(b) To keep away from horse thieves.
(c) To stick by her aunt's side.
(d) To brush her teeth.
2. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(a) Five times.
(c) Three times.
3. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
(a) The Morlynn family.
(b) The Marlin family.
(c) The Merlyn family.
(d) The Mermann family.
4. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's mother.
(c) Mary's aunt.
(d) Mary's friend.
5. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) In Launceston.
(d) Between Bodmin and the border.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
3. What kind of work did her family do?
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)