|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Stay in her bedroom.
(b) Keep Patience company.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Work in the bar.
2. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's aunt.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mary's friend.
(d) Mary's mother.
3. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The nineteenth century.
(b) The seventeenth century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
4. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) One of Joss' friends.
(d) The cat.
5. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
5. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)