|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(a) Three times.
(c) Five times.
2. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She stares out her window.
(b) She pretends to be sick.
(c) She quickly dresses.
(d) She speaks to her dead parents.
3. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) Joss's bedroom door.
(b) The cellar door.
(c) The pantry door.
(d) The outer door to the bar.
4. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her aunt.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) One of Joss' friends.
(d) The cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
2. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
3. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
4. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
5. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)