|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
2. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(b) Her charity work.
(d) Keeping up with her correspondence.
3. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To travel the world and forget about her.
(b) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To finish school.
4. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(b) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
5. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She quickly dresses.
(b) She stares out her window.
(c) She speaks to her dead parents.
(d) She pretends to be sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
2. What is Mary's aunt's name?
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
4. Who died when Mary was six years old?
5. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)