|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
2. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(d) Her hometown.
3. What is Mary's aunt's name?
4. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(b) At his sister's house.
(c) At hte town church.
(d) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
5. Who died when Mary was six years old?
(a) Mary's sister.
(b) Mary's best friend.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
3. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
4. What century is the novel set in?
5. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)