|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(b) To her hometown.
(c) Jamaica Inn.
(d) To the moors.
2. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) At hte town church.
(b) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(c) At his sister's house.
(d) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
3. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Pottery work.
(b) Brick work.
(c) Textile work.
(d) Farm work.
4. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) The mice and insects in the house.
(b) Local men who try to talk to her.
(c) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(d) Noises in the yard during the night.
5. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(b) When night falls.
(c) When Mary mentions her mother.
(d) Once Mary is the only passenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
2. Who raised Mary?
3. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
4. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)