|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To be Joss's personal residence.
(b) To run Joss's business from.
(c) For the convenience of travelers.
(d) To hold village meetings.
2. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The seventeenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The nineteenth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
3. What is Mary's aunt's name?
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Work in the bar.
(b) Keep Patience company.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Dine at a friends'.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's last name?
2. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
3. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
4. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)