|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are used for storage.
(b) They are full of cobwebs.
(c) They are opulent in decoration.
(d) They are completely empty.
2. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She stares out her window.
(b) She pretends to be sick.
(c) She quickly dresses.
(d) She speaks to her dead parents.
3. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Dine at a friends'.
(c) Work in the bar.
(d) Stay in her bedroom.
4. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
(a) The foreign landscape.
(b) The weather.
(c) The driver's smell.
(d) The driver's incessant talking.
5. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The outer door to the bar.
(b) The pantry door.
(c) The cellar door.
(d) Joss's bedroom door.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work did her family do?
2. Who died when Mary was six years old?
3. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
4. Who raised Mary?
5. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)