|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
(a) The weather.
(b) The foreign landscape.
(c) The driver's smell.
(d) The driver's incessant talking.
2. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) One of Joss' friends.
(d) The cat.
3. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) His father.
(b) Lord Cornwall.
(c) A man with a drinking problemm.
(d) Squire Bassat.
4. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Stay in her bedroom.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Work in the bar.
5. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(b) Where she is allowed to go.
(c) His expectations of her.
(d) When he intends to kick her out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
3. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
4. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
5. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)