|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(b) Where she is allowed to go.
(c) When he intends to kick her out.
(d) His expectations of her.
3. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
5. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
(b) When Mary mentions her mother.
(c) When night falls.
(d) Once Mary is the only passenger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
2. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
3. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
4. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)