|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(a) Three times.
(b) Five times.
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Work in the bar.
(b) Keep Patience company.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Stay in her bedroom.
3. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The eighteenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The nineteenth century.
(d) The seventeenth century.
4. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a lioness.
(b) Like a mouse.
(c) Like a bear.
(d) Like a puppy dog.
5. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
3. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
4. What is Mary's last name?
5. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)