|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Noises in the yard during the night.
(b) The mice and insects in the house.
(c) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(d) Local men who try to talk to her.
2. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
3. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) Between Bodmin and the border.
(d) In Launceston.
4. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
5. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) When he intends to kick her out.
(b) Where she is allowed to go.
(c) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(d) His expectations of her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
2. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
3. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
4. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
5. What country does Mary live in?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)