|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(b) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(c) Her charity work.
2. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) For the convenience of travelers.
(b) To run Joss's business from.
(c) To hold village meetings.
(d) To be Joss's personal residence.
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he takes his tea.
(b) How he treats Patience.
(c) How dirty his hands are.
(d) How he chews his food.
4. What country does Mary live in?
5. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To finish school.
(b) To only marry for love.
(c) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
(d) To travel the world and forget about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
2. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
3. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
4. What century is the novel set in?
5. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)