|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 2-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(b) Where she is allowed to go.
(c) His expectations of her.
(d) When he intends to kick her out.
2. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To be Joss's personal residence.
(b) For the convenience of travelers.
(c) To hold village meetings.
(d) To run Joss's business from.
3. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) At his sister's house.
(b) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
(c) At hte town church.
(d) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
4. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Farm work.
(b) Textile work.
(c) Pottery work.
(d) Brick work.
5. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Local men who try to talk to her.
(b) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(c) The mice and insects in the house.
(d) Noises in the yard during the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
2. What century is the novel set in?
3. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
4. What is Mary's aunt's name?
5. What country does Mary live in?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)