Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) Joss is not home.
(b) She trusts Squire Basset.
(c) She wants him to walk into her trap.
(d) It is raining outside.
2. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) As though he were a baby.
(b) As though he were a dog.
(c) Like a stranger.
(d) Without much care.
3. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) Jamaica Inn.
(b) To the moors.
(c) To her hometown.
4. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not a thief.
(b) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(c) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(d) That her uncle is not a bad person.
5. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Just before lunch.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
2. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
3. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
4. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
5. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)