|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is hallucinating.
(c) He is feeling sick.
(d) He is giddy with excitement.
2. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
(a) She screams.
(b) She curses.
(c) She knocks the signal light over.
(d) She faints.
3. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The vicar.
(b) The press.
(d) The squire.
4. What is clear to Mary about the men she is riding with in Chapter 11?
(a) They want to impress her.
(b) They want to kill her.
(c) They want to protect her.
(d) They want to take advantage of her.
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Dine at a friends'.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
2. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
3. What is the name of Joss's brother?
4. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)