|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) The dregs of society.
(b) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(c) Poor farmers.
(d) Outcasts of respectable society.
2. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) What her hopes and dreams are.
(b) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(c) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
(d) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
3. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(c) Her charity work.
(d) Keeping up with her correspondence.
4. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(b) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(d) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
5. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Steal a pony with him.
(b) Help him get to Joss.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Spend the night with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
2. After telling Mr. Davey what Joss had revealed, what does Mr. Davey say to Mary?
3. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
4. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)