|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether she acted foolishly.
(b) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(c) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(d) Whether he had been waiting for her.
2. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) A lantern.
(b) A pony.
(c) A cart.
(d) Metal wire.
3. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
(a) That it is already sold.
(b) That it is stolen.
(c) That it is not tame.
(d) That it is sickly.
4. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Sits in the back room.
(b) Chats with the female patrons.
(c) Sings for the customers.
(d) Makes drinks.
5. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(b) Patience falls ill.
(c) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(d) Patience goes to bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at the end of Chapter 15?
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
3. What kind of house does Jem have?
4. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
5. Where does Mary meet Jem in Chapter 9?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)