|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(b) Her charity work.
(d) Keeping up with her correspondence.
2. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to apologize to Mary.
(b) He wants some of the cargo.
(c) He wants to hide from the lawmen.
(d) He wants to warn Joss about something.
3. What is Mary's last name?
4. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) To calm Patience.
(b) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(c) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(d) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary lose hope of doing in Chapter 14?
2. What is Mary's aunt's name?
3. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
4. What does the squire tell Mary after he has looked around the inn?
5. What is the name of Joss's brother?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)