|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are opulent in decoration.
(b) They are used for storage.
(c) They are completely empty.
(d) They are full of cobwebs.
2. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Clean up the mess in the inn.
(d) Visit friends.
3. What disappoints the squire in Chapter 15?
(a) Hearing Joss had been causing shipwrecks.
(b) Hearing Mary lied to him.
(c) Hearing Jem is a murderer.
(d) That no one witnessed the murders.
4. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Take a ship out to sea.
(b) Hang himself.
(c) Run away.
(d) Hide in his cellar.
5. Why do Joss's men start to fight?
(a) They can't agree on how to split up the cargo.
(b) They each want to go hide out in different places.
(c) No one will admit to killing one of them.
(d) There is not enough room on the cart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
2. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
3. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)