|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Why the building smells of smoke.
(b) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(c) Where Harry is hiding.
(d) Why Patience can be heard crying.
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
(a) The Marlin family.
(b) The Merlyn family.
(c) The Mermann family.
(d) The Morlynn family.
3. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(b) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(c) Patience goes to bed.
(d) Patience falls ill.
4. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a lioness.
(b) Like a bear.
(c) Like a mouse.
(d) Like a puppy dog.
5. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How dirty his hands are.
(b) How he chews his food.
(c) How he treats Patience.
(d) How he takes his tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
2. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
4. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
5. How does Mary react when she sees a ship in Chapter 11?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)