|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Joss and his friends kill the carriage driver?
(a) They cause him to have a heart attack.
(b) They shoot him.
(c) They strangle him.
(d) The strike him on the head.
2. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(b) Why the building smells of smoke.
(c) Where Harry is hiding.
(d) Why Patience can be heard crying.
3. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(b) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(c) That he has killed someone.
(d) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Work in the bar.
(b) Dine at a friends'.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Keep Patience company.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
2. Who raised Mary?
3. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
4. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
5. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)