|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(b) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(c) That he has killed someone.
(d) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
2. What is the name of the vicar's housekeeper?
3. Where does Mary find Joss when she returns to the inn in Chapter 14?
(a) In the stairwell.
(b) In the passageway.
(c) In the office.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) Jamaica Inn.
(b) To her hometown.
(c) To the moors.
5. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Run away.
(c) Take a ship out to sea.
(d) Hide in his cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
2. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
3. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
4. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
5. When she returns to the inn, how does Mary know Joss is still inside?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)