|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who approaches Mary at the end of Chapter 6?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A man on horseback.
(c) A child.
2. What disappoints the squire in Chapter 15?
(a) Hearing Joss had been causing shipwrecks.
(b) That no one witnessed the murders.
(c) Hearing Mary lied to him.
(d) Hearing Jem is a murderer.
3. What does Jem notice about Mary's appearance in Chapter 13?
(a) Her tear stained cheeks.
(b) Her disheveled hair.
(c) Her injuries.
(d) Her torn dress.
4. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To finish school.
(b) To travel the world and forget about her.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
5. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Has tea.
(b) Visits neighbors.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Does household chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
3. What is Mary's last name?
4. How far is it for Mary to walk back to Jamaica Inn?
5. Where does Mary find herself when she awakes in Chapter 11?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)