|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) His father.
(b) A man with a drinking problemm.
(c) Squire Bassat.
(d) Lord Cornwall.
2. Why do the thieves burn the cart?
(a) To send a signal.
(b) To dispose of the dead bodies.
(c) To keep warm.
(d) To hide their trail.
3. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
(a) That it is not tame.
(b) That it is sickly.
(c) That it is already sold.
(d) That it is stolen.
4. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
5. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
(a) Steals some of Joss' papers from his desk.
(b) Helps Patience.
(c) Goes through the cargo for anything useful.
(d) Lets Harry go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
2. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
3. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
4. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
5. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)