|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what does Mary say when Joss asks her where she has been?
(a) To a fair with Jem.
(b) To visit an old friend.
(c) To tell the squire about his illegal activities.
(d) To a service at church.
2. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
(a) Twice what he expected.
(b) Exactly what he expected.
(c) Half what he expected.
(d) Five times what he expected.
3. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) He would kill them.
(b) Bring them back to the inn.
(c) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
(d) Pay for their burial.
4. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) Metal wire.
(b) A lantern.
(c) A cart.
(d) A pony.
5. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has never stolen.
(b) That he has never killed anyone.
(c) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
(d) That he has a small fortune saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
2. What does Mrs. Bassat provide for Mary in Chapter 14?
3. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
4. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
5. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)