|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As sullen.
(b) As strict.
(c) As vivacious.
(d) As jolly.
2. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Tell anyone she is going.
(b) Lock the door.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Hide her letters.
3. When she returns to the inn, how does Mary know Joss is still inside?
(a) The laundry is still on the clothes line.
(b) His horse is still there.
(c) She can see him.
(d) The can hear him shouting for her.
4. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) Ten days.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
5. Why does Mary feel the need to quickly return home in Chapter 14?
(a) To collect her things.
(b) To see her aunt.
(c) To stop Joss from murdering again.
(d) To clear her name.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
2. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
3. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
4. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
5. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)