|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(b) The mice and insects in the house.
(c) Local men who try to talk to her.
(d) Noises in the yard during the night.
2. Where is Mary instructed to wait while the inn is searched?
(a) In the stable.
(b) At a tavern.
(c) In a carriage.
(d) In the yard.
3. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) His parents.
(b) His criminal experiences.
(c) Finding her a husband.
(d) Running away to the north.
4. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Steal a pony with him.
(b) Marry him.
(c) Spend the night with him.
(d) Help him get to Joss.
5. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
(a) Because of his shyness.
(b) Because of his age.
(c) Because of his smile.
(d) Because of his profession.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
2. What happens sooner than expected for the men Mary is with in Chapter 11?
3. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mary leave for the vicar?
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)