|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Noises in the yard during the night.
(b) The mice and insects in the house.
(c) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(d) Local men who try to talk to her.
2. How does the vicar escort Mary back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) In his dogcart.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) On foot.
(d) On horseback.
3. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(a) Confidence man.
(c) Horse thief.
4. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Five hours.
(d) One day.
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Chats with the female patrons.
(b) Sings for the customers.
(c) Makes drinks.
(d) Sits in the back room.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
2. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
3. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
4. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
5. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)