|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who is drunk.
(b) A man with a very deep voice.
(c) A man disguised as a vicar.
(d) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
2. According to Mrs. Bassat, what is Squire Bassat on his way to do?
(a) Arrest Joss.
(b) Arrest Harry.
(c) Arrest Mr. Davey.
(d) Arrest Jem.
3. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
4. Where is Mary instructed to wait while the inn is searched?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In a carriage.
(c) In the stable.
(d) At a tavern.
5. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She goes to the river.
(b) She takes long walks on the moors.
(c) She reads in her room.
(d) She sits on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
2. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
3. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
4. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
5. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)