|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. Where does the driver drop Mary off in Chapter 1?
(a) At his sister's house.
(b) At hte town church.
(c) On the side of the road in the middle of nowhere.
(d) The gate at Jamaica Inn.
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She sits on the porch.
(b) She takes long walks on the moors.
(c) She goes to the river.
(d) She reads in her room.
5. What does Mary lose hope of doing in Chapter 14?
(a) Finding someone willing to help her.
(b) Travelling through the villages unnoticed.
(c) Returning to the inn before Joss realizes she's gone.
(d) Ever seeing Jem again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
2. Why does Mary feel the need to quickly return home in Chapter 14?
3. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)