|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) That he seems to distrust people.
(b) That she caught him glaring at her.
(c) A duality in his personality.
(d) His crippled hand.
2. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(c) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(d) Jem offers to reward her.
3. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
(b) Between Bodmin and the border.
(c) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(d) In Launceston.
4. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
(a) Lets Harry go.
(b) Helps Patience.
(c) Goes through the cargo for anything useful.
(d) Steals some of Joss' papers from his desk.
5. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She pretends to be sick.
(b) She speaks to her dead parents.
(c) She quickly dresses.
(d) She stares out her window.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
2. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
3. When does Mr. Davey get out of the carriage?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
5. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)