|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
(a) Dragged Mary to the beach.
(b) Wrecked the ship on his own.
(c) Angered Jem.
(d) Killed his friends.
2. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is hallucinating.
(b) He is feeling sick.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is giddy with excitement.
3. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Why the building smells of smoke.
(b) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(c) Where Harry is hiding.
(d) Why Patience can be heard crying.
4. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Take a ship out to sea.
(b) Hang himself.
(c) Hide in his cellar.
(d) Run away.
5. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
(a) The vicarage.
(b) To a house.
(c) The saloon.
(d) To the blacksmith's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Mary find Joss when she returns to the inn in Chapter 14?
3. Where does Joss take Mary in Chapter 11?
4. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
5. What is the purpose of the signal light Mary finds?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)