|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem assure Mary about Joss in Chapter 9?
(a) That he isn't as bad as she thinks.
(b) That he will change his ways someday.
(c) That someday he will hang.
(d) That he would never hurt her.
2. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As vivacious.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As jolly.
(d) As strict.
3. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to France.
(b) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(c) A trip to Ireland.
(d) A trip to a village festival.
4. How far is it for Mary to walk back to Jamaica Inn?
(a) Fifteen miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Three miles.
5. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to apologize to Mary.
(b) He wants some of the cargo.
(c) He wants to hide from the lawmen.
(d) He wants to warn Joss about something.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
2. What is the weather like as Mary is walking?
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
4. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
5. Where does Mary find herself when she awakes in Chapter 11?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)