|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man disguised as a vicar.
(b) A man who is drunk.
(c) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(d) A man with a very deep voice.
2. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(b) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(c) That Joss has left town for good.
(d) That the silver is her dowry.
3. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The squire.
(b) The vicar.
(c) The press.
4. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Brick work.
(b) Farm work.
(c) Textile work.
(d) Pottery work.
5. What is the name of the vicar's housekeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
2. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
3. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
5. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)