|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 14-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he had been waiting for her.
(b) Whether she acted foolishly.
(c) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(d) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
3. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Stay in her bedroom.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Keep Patience company.
4. Who does Mary trip over as she is walking up the road in Chapter 11?
(c) A dead body.
5. When she returns to the inn, how does Mary know Joss is still inside?
(a) She can see him.
(b) The laundry is still on the clothes line.
(c) The can hear him shouting for her.
(d) His horse is still there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What disappoints the squire in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
4. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
5. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)