|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
(a) In Launceston.
(b) Just outside of Mary's hometown.
(c) Between Bodmin and the border.
(d) Between Bodmin and Launceston.
2. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(d) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As jolly.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As vivacious.
(d) As strict.
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. What is Mary's aunt's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
2. What century is the novel set in?
3. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
5. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)