|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(c) Keeping up with her correspondence.
2. What country does Mary live in?
3. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(b) Jamaica Inn.
(c) To her hometown.
(d) To the moors.
4. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) To stick by her aunt's side.
(b) To brush her teeth.
(c) To keep her mouth shut.
(d) To keep away from horse thieves.
5. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) Joss shouting.
(c) The smell of baking bread.
(d) Wagons in the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
2. What is the name of Joss's brother?
3. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
4. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
5. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)