|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are opulent in decoration.
(b) They are used for storage.
(c) They are full of cobwebs.
(d) They are completely empty.
2. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She quickly dresses.
(b) She speaks to her dead parents.
(c) She pretends to be sick.
(d) She stares out her window.
3. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) When he intends to kick her out.
(b) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(c) His expectations of her.
(d) Where she is allowed to go.
4. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The nineteenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The seventeenth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
5. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Brick work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Textile work.
(d) Farm work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
2. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
3. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
5. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)