|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
2. What is Mary's last name?
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
(a) The driver's smell.
(b) The foreign landscape.
(c) The weather.
(d) The driver's incessant talking.
4. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(a) Three times.
(d) Five times.
5. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Visits neighbors.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Does household chores.
(d) Has tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
3. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
4. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)