|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Has tea.
(b) Visits neighbors.
(c) Does household chores.
(d) Writes in her diary.
2. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are used for storage.
(b) They are opulent in decoration.
(c) They are completely empty.
(d) They are full of cobwebs.
3. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(d) Her charity work.
4. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he treats Patience.
(b) How he takes his tea.
(c) How he chews his food.
(d) How dirty his hands are.
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(b) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(c) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(d) To calm Patience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
2. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
3. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
4. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
5. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)