|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The seventeenth century.
(b) The eighteenth century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The nineteenth century.
4. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) For the convenience of travelers.
(b) To run Joss's business from.
(c) To hold village meetings.
(d) To be Joss's personal residence.
5. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a mouse.
(b) Like a puppy dog.
(c) Like a lioness.
(d) Like a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
2. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
4. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
5. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)