|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
(a) The Merlyn family.
(b) The Mermann family.
(c) The Morlynn family.
(d) The Marlin family.
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Get stuck in moors.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Fall into a ditch.
(d) Lose her shoes in mud.
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he has killed someone.
(b) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(c) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(d) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
5. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As vivacious.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As strict.
(d) As jolly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
2. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
3. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
4. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)