|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the driver's demeanor change in Chapter 1?
(a) When night falls.
(b) Once Mary is the only passenger.
(c) When Mary mentions her mother.
(d) At the mention of Jamaica Inn.
2. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the evening.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) Just before lunch.
3. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Does household chores.
(b) Has tea.
(c) Writes in her diary.
(d) Visits neighbors.
4. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To run Joss's business from.
(b) To be Joss's personal residence.
(c) To hold village meetings.
(d) For the convenience of travelers.
5. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
(a) Have drinks at Jamaica Inn.
(b) Have parties at Jamaica Inn.
(c) Pray for Jamaica Inn.
(d) Throw eggs at Jamaica Inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary's aunt's name?
2. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
3. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
4. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
5. What is Mary's last name?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)