|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(a) To the moors.
(b) Jamaica Inn.
(d) To her hometown.
2. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Sits in the back room.
(b) Sings for the customers.
(c) Makes drinks.
(d) Chats with the female patrons.
3. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
(a) She pretends to be sick.
(b) She quickly dresses.
(c) She stares out her window.
(d) She speaks to her dead parents.
4. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Visits neighbors.
(b) Writes in her diary.
(c) Does household chores.
(d) Has tea.
5. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
(a) To stick by her aunt's side.
(b) To brush her teeth.
(c) To keep her mouth shut.
(d) To keep away from horse thieves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
2. What kind of work did her family do?
3. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
4. What country does Mary live in?
5. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)