|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's father.
(b) Mary's friend.
(c) Mary's aunt.
(d) Mary's mother.
2. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Textile work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Brick work.
(d) Farm work.
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
(a) As jolly.
(b) As sullen.
(c) As vivacious.
(d) As strict.
4. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
5. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The nineteenth century.
(b) The twentieth century.
(c) The seventeenth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
2. Who raised Mary?
3. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)