|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(a) Horse thief.
(b) Confidence man.
2. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(b) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(c) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(d) To calm Patience.
3. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
(b) To travel the world and forget about her.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To finish school.
4. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) Joss's bedroom door.
(b) The outer door to the bar.
(c) The cellar door.
(d) The pantry door.
5. How many times had Mary met with Patience before Chapter 2?
(b) Five times.
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
3. Who raised Mary?
4. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
5. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)