|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(c) Her charity work.
2. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Outcasts of respectable society.
(b) Poor farmers.
(c) The dregs of society.
(d) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
3. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Mary's aunt.
(c) Mary's father.
(d) Mary's friend.
4. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Squire Bassat.
(b) His father.
(c) Lord Cornwall.
(d) A man with a drinking problemm.
5. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) Wagons in the yard.
(c) The smell of baking bread.
(d) Joss shouting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
2. Who died when Mary was six years old?
3. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
4. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
5. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)