|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Writes in her diary.
(b) Does household chores.
(c) Has tea.
(d) Visits neighbors.
2. What is Mary's aunt's name?
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Just before lunch.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) In the evening.
4. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
(a) Noises in the yard during the night.
(b) The mice and insects in the house.
(c) Questions she is asked about Joss.
(d) Local men who try to talk to her.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(b) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(c) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(d) That he has killed someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jamaica Inn located?
2. What is the name of Joss's brother?
3. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
4. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
5. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)