|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, where does the driver try to dissuade Mary from going ?
(b) To the moors.
(c) Jamaica Inn.
(d) To her hometown.
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Dine at a friends'.
3. Who did Joss buy the inn from?
(a) Squire Bassat.
(b) His father.
(c) Lord Cornwall.
(d) A man with a drinking problemm.
4. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's aunt.
(b) Mary's father.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary's friend.
5. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To hold village meetings.
(b) For the convenience of travelers.
(c) To run Joss's business from.
(d) To be Joss's personal residence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
4. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)