|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
(a) To run Joss's business from.
(b) For the convenience of travelers.
(c) To be Joss's personal residence.
(d) To hold village meetings.
2. What unsettles Mary in Chapter 1?
(a) The driver's smell.
(b) The foreign landscape.
(c) The weather.
(d) The driver's incessant talking.
3. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The twentieth century.
(b) The nineteenth century.
(c) The seventeenth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he has killed someone.
(b) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(c) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(d) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
5. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The cellar door.
(b) Joss's bedroom door.
(c) The pantry door.
(d) The outer door to the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
2. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
3. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. What country does Mary live in?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)