|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(b) Keeping up with her correspondence.
2. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The seventeenth century.
(b) The nineteenth century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
3. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Textile work.
(b) Farm work.
(c) Pottery work.
(d) Brick work.
4. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To only marry for love.
(b) To travel the world and forget about her.
(c) To finish school.
(d) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
5. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) A fortnight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary's uncle?
2. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
3. How had Mary remembered her aunt?
4. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
5. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)