|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
2. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Pottery work.
(b) Farm work.
(c) Brick work.
(d) Textile work.
3. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
4. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) The smell of baking bread.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Joss shouting.
(d) Wagons in the yard.
5. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Stay in her bedroom.
(b) Keep Patience company.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Work in the bar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
2. According to the driver, what do people in the area no longer do?
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
4. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)