|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Lose her shoes in mud.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Fall into a ditch.
(d) Get stuck in moors.
2. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her father.
3. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man disguised as a vicar.
(b) A man who is drunk.
(c) A man with a very deep voice.
(d) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
4. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are used for storage.
(b) They are opulent in decoration.
(c) They are completely empty.
(d) They are full of cobwebs.
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(b) To calm Patience.
(c) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(d) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
5. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)