|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Dine at a friends'.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Stay in her bedroom.
(d) Keep Patience company.
2. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he treats Patience.
(b) How he chews his food.
(c) How he takes his tea.
(d) How dirty his hands are.
3. How is Joss described in Chapter 2?
4. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(d) Keeping up with her correspondence.
5. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are evil.
(b) They are charming.
(c) They are suspicious.
(d) They are vulgar.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
3. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
4. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
5. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)