|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She reads in her room.
(b) She goes to the river.
(c) She sits on the porch.
(d) She takes long walks on the moors.
2. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
(a) The vicarage.
(b) To the blacksmith's.
(c) To a house.
(d) The saloon.
3. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
(a) Clean his kitchen.
(b) Make him lunch.
(c) Do his laundry.
(d) Organize his books.
4. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
(b) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(c) Whether she acted foolishly.
(d) Whether he had been waiting for her.
5. What is the name of Joss's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
2. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
3. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
5. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)