|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Missing church services.
(b) Avoiding her family.
(c) Coming to see him alone.
(d) Wearing her best dress.
2. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
(b) A cupboard full of silver pieces.
(c) A few letters of correspondence.
(d) A bloody knife.
3. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(b) That Joss has left town for good.
(c) That the silver is her dowry.
(d) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man disguised as a vicar.
(b) A man who is drunk.
(c) A man with a very deep voice.
(d) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
5. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Marry him.
(b) Steal a pony with him.
(c) Spend the night with him.
(d) Help him get to Joss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like as Mary is walking?
2. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
3. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
4. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)