|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) One day.
(b) Five days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Three days.
2. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(b) Help out a church.
(c) Sit at home alone.
(d) Visit the cemetery.
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) Just before lunch.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the evening.
4. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
5. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(c) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(d) Her charity work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
3. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
4. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
5. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)