|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Keeping up with her correspondence.
(c) Her charity work.
2. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
(b) Her aunt.
(c) The cat.
(d) One of Joss' friends.
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he treats Patience.
(b) How he chews his food.
(c) How dirty his hands are.
(d) How he takes his tea.
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has a small fortune saved.
(b) That he has never killed anyone.
(c) That he has never stolen.
(d) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
2. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
3. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
5. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)