|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to a village festival.
(b) A trip to France.
(c) A trip to Ireland.
(d) A trip to the shore with her parents.
2. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is hallucinating.
(c) He is giddy with excitement.
(d) He is feeling sick.
3. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(b) Patience goes to bed.
(c) Patience falls ill.
(d) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
4. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Hide her letters.
(b) Tell anyone she is going.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Lock the door.
5. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
(a) Matthew Davey.
(b) George Davey.
(c) Lucas Davey.
(d) Francis Davey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
4. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
5. What can't Mary help but notice about the vicar in Chapter 7?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)