|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
(a) In the evening.
(b) Just before lunch.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) In the early morning.
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
(a) What she may and may not say to Patience.
(b) His expectations of her.
(c) Where she is allowed to go.
(d) When he intends to kick her out.
3. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(b) Help out a church.
(c) Visit the cemetery.
(d) Sit at home alone.
4. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
(a) She promised she would stay in her room.
(b) She can't be seen in Patience's dress.
(c) It is very late.
(d) Joss's friends are loitering around.
5. What is Mary told to help Patience with in Chapter 2?
(a) Her charity work.
(d) Keeping up with her correspondence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. What does Mary think when Jem doesn't return with the cart?
3. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
4. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
5. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)