|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
(a) He comes down with a fever.
(b) He has a hallucination.
(c) He goes on a drinking binge.
(d) He bumps his head.
2. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man with a very deep voice.
(b) A man disguised as a vicar.
(c) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(d) A man who is drunk.
3. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Joss shouting.
(b) Wagons in the yard.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) The smell of baking bread.
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
3. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
4. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
5. What does Jem steal from Mary in Chapter 9?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)