|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man with a very deep voice.
(b) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(c) A man disguised as a vicar.
(d) A man who is drunk.
2. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is giddy with excitement.
(b) He is feeling sick.
(c) He is hallucinating.
(d) He is drunk.
3. According to Mary, how does Patience behave around her husband?
(a) Like a lioness.
(b) Like a puppy dog.
(c) Like a mouse.
(d) Like a bear.
4. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) The village riot.
(b) His father's disappearance.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His housefire.
5. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) Pay for their burial.
(b) He would kill them.
(c) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
(d) Bring them back to the inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
2. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
3. Where does Mary meet Jem in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
5. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)