|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) He is giddy with excitement.
(b) He is hallucinating.
(c) He is feeling sick.
(d) He is drunk.
2. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) Outcasts of respectable society.
(b) Poor farmers.
(c) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(d) The dregs of society.
3. How does Patience feel when Squire Basset visits the inn in Chapter 6?
4. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How dirty his hands are.
(b) How he treats Patience.
(c) How he takes his tea.
(d) How he chews his food.
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(b) A man with a very deep voice.
(c) A man who is drunk.
(d) A man disguised as a vicar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
2. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
3. Who arrives to help Mary at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
5. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)