|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Joss, what is Mary to do one night a week?
(a) Keep Patience company.
(b) Work in the bar.
(c) Dine at a friends'.
(d) Stay in her bedroom.
2. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) The dregs of society.
(b) Outcasts of respectable society.
(c) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
(d) Poor farmers.
3. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are suspicious.
(b) They are evil.
(c) They are charming.
(d) They are vulgar.
4. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
(a) His son.
(b) An officer of the law.
(c) A servant.
(d) Mrs. Basset.
5. What is the weather like as Mary is walking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
2. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
3. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
4. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
5. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)