|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She sits on the porch.
(b) She takes long walks on the moors.
(c) She goes to the river.
(d) She reads in her room.
2. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(b) A trip to a village festival.
(c) A trip to Ireland.
(d) A trip to France.
3. What does Mary think when Jem doesn't return with the cart?
(a) That he has been beaten.
(b) That he has abandoned her.
(c) That he is off with his friends.
(d) That he has been kidnapped.
4. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
(a) A vicar.
(b) A group of rough looking men.
(c) A young lady.
(d) A man in a carriage.
5. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(b) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(c) Jem offers to reward her.
(d) She feels sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
3. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
4. What does Mary do after waking up late in Chapter 3?
5. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)