|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) The village riot.
(c) His housefire.
(d) His father's disappearance.
2. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
(a) An officer of the law.
(b) His son.
(c) Mrs. Basset.
(d) A servant.
3. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) Joss's bedroom door.
(b) The cellar door.
(c) The outer door to the bar.
(d) The pantry door.
4. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
(a) How he chews his food.
(b) How he takes his tea.
(c) How dirty his hands are.
(d) How he treats Patience.
5. What do Jem and Mary attend in Chapter 9?
(a) The holiday fair.
(b) A horserace.
(c) A play.
(d) A picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
2. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
3. In what state is Joss when Mary returns home at the end of Chapter 7?
4. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
5. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)