|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary begin to wonder about Jem's visit in Chapter 6?
(a) Whether he had been waiting for her.
(b) Whether or not it was a coincidence.
(c) Whether she acted foolishly.
(d) Whether he had an alterior motive for coming.
2. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to France.
(b) A trip to a village festival.
(c) A trip to Ireland.
(d) A trip to the shore with her parents.
3. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
(b) An unknown figure.
4. Who is Mary told Jem left with?
(a) A group of rough looking men.
(b) A young lady.
(c) A vicar.
(d) A man in a carriage.
5. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are vulgar.
(b) They are charming.
(c) They are evil.
(d) They are suspicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
2. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
4. How far is it for Mary to walk back to Jamaica Inn?
5. Who does Mary have breakfast with in Chapter 3?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)