|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem steal from Mary in Chapter 9?
(a) Her toffee.
(c) Her hairpin.
(d) A pound coin.
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(b) Confidence man.
(c) Horse thief.
3. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
(a) To a house.
(b) The vicarage.
(c) To the blacksmith's.
(d) The saloon.
4. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) One week.
(b) Ten days.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Three days.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
(a) A fire.
(b) A shipwreck.
(c) A murder.
(d) A birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
2. In the kitchen scene in Chapter 2, what does Joss outline for Mary?
3. Who does Mary lie to protect in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
5. Who tries to buy the high-bred pony from Jem?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)