|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Avoiding her family.
(b) Coming to see him alone.
(c) Wearing her best dress.
(d) Missing church services.
2. How does Mary describe her aunt presently?
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) Jem offers to reward her.
(c) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(d) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
4. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(b) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(c) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(d) That her uncle is not a thief.
5. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
(a) That it is already sold.
(b) That it is not tame.
(c) That it is sickly.
(d) That it is stolen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
2. What happens while Mary is crossing the moors in Chapter 6?
3. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
4. What is the name of Joss's brother?
5. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)