|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(b) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(c) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(d) That her uncle is not a thief.
2. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are full of cobwebs.
(b) They are opulent in decoration.
(c) They are completely empty.
(d) They are used for storage.
3. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His father's disappearance.
(b) The village riot.
(c) His housefire.
(d) His mother's death.
4. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Writes in her diary.
(b) Visits neighbors.
(c) Has tea.
(d) Does household chores.
5. About how long does Mary wait for Jem to return?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Half and hour.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house does Jem have?
2. How much does Jem get for the high-bred pony?
3. Who tries to buy the high-bred pony from Jem?
4. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
5. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)