|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
(a) That it is already sold.
(b) That it is not tame.
(c) That it is sickly.
(d) That it is stolen.
2. What family has a bad reputation in the area where Jamaica Inn is located?
(a) The Marlin family.
(b) The Merlyn family.
(c) The Mermann family.
(d) The Morlynn family.
3. Why does Mary allow Squire Basset to enter the house in Chapter 6?
(a) Joss is not home.
(b) She trusts Squire Basset.
(c) It is raining outside.
(d) She wants him to walk into her trap.
4. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Lock the door.
(b) Hide her letters.
(c) Have breakfast.
(d) Tell anyone she is going.
5. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(b) Patience goes to bed.
(c) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(d) Patience falls ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem invite Mary to do for him in Chapter 8?
2. What does Mary think when Jem doesn't return with the cart?
3. What incriminating evidence does Squire Basset find at the inn in Chapter 6?
4. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
5. How far is it for Mary to walk back to Jamaica Inn?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)