|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives to help Mary at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Davey.
2. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to Ireland.
(b) A trip to a village festival.
(c) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(d) A trip to France.
3. Where does Mary wait while Jem goes to retrieve the cart?
(a) Under the hotel awning.
(b) At the saloon.
(c) By the river.
(d) Beside an oak tree.
4. What lie does Mary tell the squire in Chapter 6?
(a) That Joss has left town for good.
(b) That nothing illegal has happened at the inn.
(c) That she thinks Joss is a law-abiding man.
(d) That the silver is her dowry.
5. What does Mary discover about the guest rooms in Chapter 3?
(a) They are full of cobwebs.
(b) They are completely empty.
(c) They are used for storage.
(d) They are opulent in decoration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary observe while eating a brief meal with Joss in Chapter 2?
2. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
3. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
4. What does Squire Basset have with him when he comes to Jamaica Inn in Chapter 6?
5. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)