|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mary afraid she will have to sneak into Jamaica Inn in Chapter 7?
(a) Joss's friends are loitering around.
(b) She can't be seen in Patience's dress.
(c) It is very late.
(d) She promised she would stay in her room.
2. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(b) Horse thief.
(c) Confidence man.
3. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(b) That he has killed someone.
(c) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(d) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
4. What does Jem ask Mary to do in Launceston?
(a) Spend the night with him.
(b) Help him get to Joss.
(c) Steal a pony with him.
(d) Marry him.
5. When Mary leaves Jamaica in Chapter 9, what does she fail to do?
(a) Lock the door.
(b) Tell anyone she is going.
(c) Hide her letters.
(d) Have breakfast.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
3. Who tries to buy the high-bred pony from Jem?
4. What night of the week does Joss have his friends to the inn?
5. Who is the vicar of Altarnun?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)