|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house does Jem have?
(a) A shack.
(b) A cottage.
(c) A farm.
(d) A cabin.
2. What does Mary tell the vicar in Chapter 7?
(a) What her hopes and dreams are.
(b) That she thinks the moors are haunted.
(c) Everything she knows about Jamaica Inn and Joss.
(d) That she hates living at Jamaica Inn.
3. Who does Mary follow across the moors in Chapter 6?
(a) An unknown figure.
4. What does Jem assure Mary about himself in Chapter 9?
(a) That he has never killed anyone.
(b) That he would kill Joss if he had to.
(c) That he has never stolen.
(d) That he has a small fortune saved.
5. Where does Mary go to look for help after Jem disappears?
(a) The saloon.
(b) To the blacksmith's.
(c) The vicarage.
(d) To a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem try to convince the person who insists on buying the second pony?
2. Mary observes that the main purpose of the inn is not _____.
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
4. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
5. What is Mary told to ignore in Chapter 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)