|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
(a) Trewartha Marsh.
(b) Trewoon Marsh.
(c) Tregurrian Marsh.
(d) Todpool Marsh.
2. What does Jem assure Mary about Joss in Chapter 9?
(a) That he will change his ways someday.
(b) That someday he will hang.
(c) That he isn't as bad as she thinks.
(d) That he would never hurt her.
3. In Chapter 3, what door does Mary discover is kept locked?
(a) The cellar door.
(b) Joss's bedroom door.
(c) The outer door to the bar.
(d) The pantry door.
4. Why does Mary feel that she can trust the vicar?
(a) Because of his shyness.
(b) Because of his smile.
(c) Because of his profession.
(d) Because of his age.
5. In Chapter 6, who comes to Jamaica Inn with Squire Basset?
(a) His son.
(b) Mrs. Basset.
(c) An officer of the law.
(d) A servant.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
2. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
3. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
5. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)