|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Harry accuse Joss of in Chapter 12?
(a) Working for someone.
(b) Being a cold-blooded killer.
(c) Putting Mary in danger.
(d) Taking more than his share of the cargo.
2. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
(b) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) Jem offers to reward her.
3. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Why Patience can be heard crying.
(b) Where Harry is hiding.
(c) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(d) Why the building smells of smoke.
4. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Makes drinks.
(b) Sings for the customers.
(c) Sits in the back room.
(d) Chats with the female patrons.
5. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He doesn't sleep.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He prays.
(d) He carves them grave stones.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
2. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
3. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
4. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
5. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)