|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He drinks.
(b) He prays.
(c) He doesn't sleep.
(d) He carves them grave stones.
2. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Writes in her diary.
(b) Has tea.
(c) Does household chores.
(d) Visits neighbors.
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
(a) Jem accuses her of being afraid.
(b) Jem offers to reward her.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She thinks of what Christmas Eve with Joss would be like.
4. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
(a) She got it from Mr. Davey.
(b) She hired it.
(c) She got it from squire Besset.
(d) She got it from a mysterious stranger.
5. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) As though he were a dog.
(b) Without much care.
(c) As though he were a baby.
(d) Like a stranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
3. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
4. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
5. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)