|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
(a) A shipwreck.
(b) A birth.
(c) A fire.
(d) A murder.
2. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
(a) He has a hallucination.
(b) He comes down with a fever.
(c) He bumps his head.
(d) He goes on a drinking binge.
3. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
(a) She hears her name being called.
(b) She hears leaves rustling.
(c) Something hits her window.
(d) A dog barks.
4. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Sit at home alone.
(b) Visit the cemetery.
(c) Help out a church.
(d) Take some ponies to Launceston.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(b) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(c) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(d) That he has killed someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
2. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
3. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
4. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
5. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)