|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
(a) She is locked in her room.
(b) She doesn't trust Jem since he abandoned her.
(c) She knows Patience wouldn't want her to.
(d) She is afraid of Joss.
2. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) Ten days.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
3. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Patience goes to bed.
(b) Joss kicks Patience out of the house.
(c) Patience goes to hang laundry.
(d) Patience falls ill.
4. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She sits on the porch.
(b) She reads in her room.
(c) She goes to the river.
(d) She takes long walks on the moors.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(b) That he has killed someone.
(c) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(d) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
3. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
5. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)