|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to Ireland.
(b) A trip to France.
(c) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(d) A trip to a village festival.
2. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
(a) Joss's orders.
(c) A fever.
(d) Cold weather.
3. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
4. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
(a) She is afraid of Joss.
(b) She doesn't trust Jem since he abandoned her.
(c) She is locked in her room.
(d) She knows Patience wouldn't want her to.
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
(b) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(c) To calm Patience.
(d) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
2. What does Jem notice about Mary's appearance in Chapter 13?
3. What does Harry accuse Joss of in Chapter 12?
4. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)