|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
(a) The dregs of society.
(b) Outcasts of respectable society.
(c) Poor farmers.
(d) Respectable ladies and gentlemen.
2. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Why Patience can be heard crying.
(b) Where Harry is hiding.
(c) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(d) Why the building smells of smoke.
3. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
(a) Dragged Mary to the beach.
(b) Angered Jem.
(c) Killed his friends.
(d) Wrecked the ship on his own.
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(b) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(c) That he has killed someone.
(d) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
5. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is giddy.
(d) He is enraged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
2. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
3. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
5. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)