|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Like a stranger.
(b) Without much care.
(c) As though he were a baby.
(d) As though he were a dog.
2. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
(a) She hired it.
(b) She got it from Mr. Davey.
(c) She got it from squire Besset.
(d) She got it from a mysterious stranger.
3. What is the name of Joss's brother?
4. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(b) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(c) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(d) That he has killed someone.
5. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
(a) Wrecked the ship on his own.
(b) Angered Jem.
(c) Dragged Mary to the beach.
(d) Killed his friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
2. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
3. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
4. What does Harry accuse Joss of in Chapter 12?
5. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)