|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
(a) Collect some food for the journey.
(b) Set the horse free.
(c) Go visit Jem.
(d) Travel to Altarnun and back.
2. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
(a) A trip to the shore with her parents.
(b) A trip to France.
(c) A trip to a village festival.
(d) A trip to Ireland.
3. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Without much care.
(b) Like a stranger.
(c) As though he were a baby.
(d) As though he were a dog.
4. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) Ten days.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) Three days.
(d) One week.
5. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(b) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(c) That her uncle is not a thief.
(d) That her uncle is not a bad person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
2. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
3. What causes Mary to go along with Jem's Christmas Eve plans?
4. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
5. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)