|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) Bring them back to the inn.
(b) He would kill them.
(c) Pay for their burial.
(d) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
2. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Five hours.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Clean up the mess in the inn.
(c) Visit friends.
(d) Take a nap.
4. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Like a stranger.
(b) As though he were a dog.
(c) As though he were a baby.
(d) Without much care.
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(b) That he has killed someone.
(c) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(d) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
3. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
4. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
5. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)