|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
(a) Collect some food for the journey.
(b) Set the horse free.
(c) Travel to Altarnun and back.
(d) Go visit Jem.
2. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
(a) Tell Mr. Davey where Joss plans to go.
(b) Set Joss's horse loose.
(c) Let her take care of Joss.
(d) Turn Joss over to the authorities.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Visit friends.
(c) Clean up the mess in the inn.
(d) Take a nap.
4. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
(a) Everyone is at a funeral for the sailors.
(b) Joss is already there waiting for her.
(c) She has forgotten her evidence against Joss.
(d) The vicar is not home.
5. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man disguised as a vicar.
(b) A man who is drunk.
(c) A man with a very deep voice.
(d) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
2. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
3. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
4. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
5. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)