|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
(a) She doesn't trust Jem since he abandoned her.
(b) She knows Patience wouldn't want her to.
(c) She is afraid of Joss.
(d) She is locked in her room.
2. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) Three days.
(b) A fortnight.
(c) One week.
(d) Ten days.
3. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
(a) Collect some food for the journey.
(b) Travel to Altarnun and back.
(c) Set the horse free.
(d) Go visit Jem.
4. How does Mary feel while being kept indoors in Chapter 5?
5. When Mary reaches her destination at the end of Chapter 13, what does she discover?
(a) The vicar is not home.
(b) She has forgotten her evidence against Joss.
(c) Joss is already there waiting for her.
(d) Everyone is at a funeral for the sailors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
2. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
3. At what time of day does Mary go for walks in Chapter 4?
4. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
5. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)