|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
(a) She doesn't trust Jem since he abandoned her.
(b) She is afraid of Joss.
(c) She is locked in her room.
(d) She knows Patience wouldn't want her to.
2. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His housefire.
(c) The village riot.
(d) His father's disappearance.
3. What does Harry accuse Joss of in Chapter 12?
(a) Working for someone.
(b) Taking more than his share of the cargo.
(c) Putting Mary in danger.
(d) Being a cold-blooded killer.
4. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
(a) One week.
(b) Ten days.
(c) A fortnight.
(d) Three days.
5. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(b) Help out a church.
(c) Sit at home alone.
(d) Visit the cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trip does Mary recall in Chapter 8?
2. What does Jem notice about Mary's appearance in Chapter 13?
3. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
4. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
5. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)