|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jem plan to do on Christmas Eve?
(a) Take some ponies to Launceston.
(b) Visit the cemetery.
(c) Help out a church.
(d) Sit at home alone.
2. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Hide in his cellar.
(c) Run away.
(d) Take a ship out to sea.
3. What does Joss talk to Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) His criminal experiences.
(b) His parents.
(c) Running away to the north.
(d) Finding her a husband.
4. What does Harry accuse Joss of in Chapter 12?
(a) Working for someone.
(b) Being a cold-blooded killer.
(c) Putting Mary in danger.
(d) Taking more than his share of the cargo.
5. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Missing church services.
(b) Wearing her best dress.
(c) Coming to see him alone.
(d) Avoiding her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
2. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
3. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
4. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
5. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)