|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to apologize to Mary.
(b) He wants some of the cargo.
(c) He wants to hide from the lawmen.
(d) He wants to warn Joss about something.
2. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Like a stranger.
(b) As though he were a dog.
(c) Without much care.
(d) As though he were a baby.
3. What does Mary tell Joss about the carriage?
(a) She got it from Mr. Davey.
(b) She got it from a mysterious stranger.
(c) She got it from squire Besset.
(d) She hired it.
4. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
(a) She reads in her room.
(b) She sits on the porch.
(c) She goes to the river.
(d) She takes long walks on the moors.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
(a) Have a picnic.
(b) Clean up the mess in the inn.
(c) Visit friends.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
2. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
3. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
4. What does Mary do when she goes downstairs in Chapter 13?
5. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)