|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
(a) A pony.
(b) Metal wire.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A cart.
2. Why does Harry come to the inn in Chapter 12?
(a) He wants to apologize to Mary.
(b) He wants to warn Joss about something.
(c) He wants to hide from the lawmen.
(d) He wants some of the cargo.
3. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
(a) A dog barks.
(b) She hears her name being called.
(c) Something hits her window.
(d) She hears leaves rustling.
4. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
(a) A piston.
(b) A threatening letter.
(c) A noose.
(d) A bloodied knife.
5. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) Where Harry is hiding.
(b) Why Patience can be heard crying.
(c) Why the building smells of smoke.
(d) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
2. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
3. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
4. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
5. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)