|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Lose her shoes in mud.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Get stuck in moors.
(d) Fall into a ditch.
2. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
(a) The squire.
(c) The vicar.
(d) The press.
3. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
(a) He goes on a drinking binge.
(b) He has a hallucination.
(c) He bumps his head.
(d) He comes down with a fever.
4. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Joss shouting.
(b) Dogs barking.
(c) Wagons in the yard.
(d) The smell of baking bread.
5. How does Joss dispel the sailors haunting him in his dreams?
(a) He carves them grave stones.
(b) He drinks.
(c) He doesn't sleep.
(d) He prays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary think she can do before Joss notices she's gone in Chapter 13?
2. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
3. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
4. What kind of house does Jem have?
5. What did Jem steal from Squire Bassat's farm?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)