|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what does Joss say he shouldn't have done?
(a) Wrecked the ship on his own.
(b) Killed his friends.
(c) Angered Jem.
(d) Dragged Mary to the beach.
2. What is strange about the house when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) There seems to have been a fire.
(b) The doors and shutters are locked.
(c) There is a musty, bloody smell.
(d) The furniture has all been removed.
3. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
(a) She hears leaves rustling.
(b) Something hits her window.
(c) She hears her name being called.
(d) A dog barks.
4. Why doesn't Mary let Jem into the Inn?
(a) She doesn't trust Jem since he abandoned her.
(b) She is locked in her room.
(c) She knows Patience wouldn't want her to.
(d) She is afraid of Joss.
5. What does Mary do while working in the bar in Chapter 4?
(a) Sits in the back room.
(b) Sings for the customers.
(c) Chats with the female patrons.
(d) Makes drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
2. What kind of house does Jem have?
3. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
4. How does Mary find herself alone with Joss in Chapter 8?
5. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)