|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary do before going on walks in Chapter 4?
(a) Visits neighbors.
(b) Does household chores.
(c) Has tea.
(d) Writes in her diary.
2. How does Patience care for Joss in Chapter 8?
(a) Like a stranger.
(b) Without much care.
(c) As though he were a baby.
(d) As though he were a dog.
3. What does Joss decide to do at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) Hang himself.
(b) Take a ship out to sea.
(c) Hide in his cellar.
(d) Run away.
4. What does Mary try to convince herself in Chapter 5?
(a) That her uncle is not a bad person.
(b) That her uncle is not an innocent man.
(c) That her uncle is not capable of murder.
(d) That her uncle is not a thief.
5. What would Joss sometimes do to the sailors who managed to swim to shore?
(a) He would kill them.
(b) Take them to the vicar to bless them.
(c) Bring them back to the inn.
(d) Pay for their burial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary see in the bar after everyone has left in Chapter 4?
2. What kind of house does Jem have?
3. How are the people at the bar described in Chapter 4?
4. What keeps Mary indoors in Chapter 5?
5. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)