|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is giddy.
(c) He is enraged.
(d) He is frightened.
2. What does Mary explain to Jem when he enters her bedroom?
(a) What happened to her on Christmas Eve.
(b) Where Harry is hiding.
(c) Why the building smells of smoke.
(d) Why Patience can be heard crying.
3. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) The smell of baking bread.
(b) Wagons in the yard.
(c) Joss shouting.
(d) Dogs barking.
4. What does Mary think of Joss's guests in Chapter 4?
(a) They are evil.
(b) They are suspicious.
(c) They are vulgar.
(d) They are charming.
5. In Chapter 8, what does Mary say she witnessed on a trip she recalls?
(a) A fire.
(b) A birth.
(c) A shipwreck.
(d) A murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Mary convince Joss to let them do in the afternoon?
2. What does Joss warn Mary to do before she goes to bed in Chapter 4?
3. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
4. What does Jem notice about Mary's appearance in Chapter 13?
5. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)