|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what does Mary overhear a man in the bar say to Joss, after the other men have left?
(a) That he thinks the law has discovered their crimes.
(b) That he wants a bigger cut of their spoils.
(c) That he no longer wishes to participate in the criminal enterprise.
(d) That he has killed someone.
2. Who does Joss meet with after Harry leaves in Chapter 4?
(a) A man who has been hiding in the empty rooms.
(b) A man who is drunk.
(c) A man with a very deep voice.
(d) A man disguised as a vicar.
3. What does Jem tease Mary about in Chapter 8?
(a) Coming to see him alone.
(b) Missing church services.
(c) Wearing her best dress.
(d) Avoiding her family.
4. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
(a) Lose her shoes in mud.
(b) Trip on the loose rocks.
(c) Fall into a ditch.
(d) Get stuck in moors.
5. What event does Jem tell Mary happened at Christmas?
(a) The village riot.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His housefire.
(d) His father's disappearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What marsh does Mary wander toward in Chapter 8?
2. What alerts Mary to someone being outside in Chapter 13?
3. What causes Joss to be incoherent in Chapter 8?
4. in Chapter 4, how long is Joss gone from Jamaica Inn?
5. Who does Mary intend to tell about Joss's latest activities?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)