|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens Mary in Chapter 4?
(a) Joss shouting.
(b) The smell of baking bread.
(c) Wagons in the yard.
(d) Dogs barking.
2. How many days is Joss incoherent for in Chapter 8?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Ten days.
(d) Five days.
3. What is Joss's brother's occupation?
(b) Confidence man.
(c) Horse thief.
4. What state is Joss in when Mary goes downstairs in Chapter 12?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is giddy.
(c) He is drunk.
(d) He is frightened.
5. In Chapter 5, why does Mary demand that a stranger leave the bar?
(a) Mary recognizes the man as a criminal.
(b) Mary doesn't trust anyone anymore.
(c) To calm Patience.
(d) Joss does not like strangers in his inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Joss's brother?
2. When Mary awakes in Chapter 12, how long has she been asleep?
3. What does Mary have to be careful not to do while out walking?
4. What does Mary beg Jem to do in Chapter 13?
5. What does Mary do to stay out of Patience's and Joss's way in Chapter 8?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)