1. What is Mary's last name?
2. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The nineteenth century.
(b) The seventeenth century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Pottery work.
(b) Textile work.
(c) Farm work.
(d) Brick work.
6. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To travel the world and forget about her.
(b) To finish school.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
7. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's friend.
(b) Mary's aunt.
(c) Mary's mother.
(d) Mary's father.
8. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
9. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(a) Her hometown.
This section contains 4,336 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)