1. What is Mary's last name?
2. What century is the novel set in?
(a) The nineteenth century.
(b) The seventeenth century.
(c) The twentieth century.
(d) The eighteenth century.
3. What country does Mary live in?
4. Who raised Mary?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What kind of work did her family do?
(a) Brick work.
(b) Pottery work.
(c) Textile work.
(d) Farm work.
6. What does Mary's mother make her promise before the start of the novel?
(a) To finish school.
(b) To sell their property and move in with her aunt.
(c) To only marry for love.
(d) To travel the world and forget about her.
7. Who died a few months before the beginning of the narrative?
(a) Mary's mother.
(b) Mary's aunt.
(c) Mary's friend.
(d) Mary's father.
8. What is the name of the town Mary grew up in?
9. Where is Mary traveling to in Chapter 1?
(d) Her hometown.
This section contains 4,336 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)