|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
2. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
3. What does Louise want to see when she travels?
4. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
5. Who does the Captain marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louise describe Truitt?
2. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
3. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
4. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
5. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
6. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
7. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
8. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
9. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
10. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Irony is a strong theme in this book. What are some of the instances where irony is present, and how did these ironic events affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Patterson have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)