|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
2. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
3. What does Caroline do during the storm?
4. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
5. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
2. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
3. How does Louise describe Truitt?
4. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
5. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
6. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
7. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
8. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
9. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
10. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
WWII was a major historical event that greatly shaped the lives of the characters in this book. How did WWII do this, and which characters were most affected by the inclusion of this major event.
Essay Topic 2
What are the different stages of Call's relationship with Caroline, and how do these stages affect Louise and the progression of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of the book, and what role does it play in the plot?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)