|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
2. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
3. What does Louise think of herself after getting angry with Caroline?
4. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
5. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in this book and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Trudy Braxton is a minor character whose presence makes a big difference in the plot. How does she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence, however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if Trudy had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)