|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
2. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
3. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
4. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
5. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
2. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
3. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
4. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
5. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
6. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
7. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
8. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
9. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
10. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
WWII was a major historical event that greatly shaped the lives of the characters in this book. How did WWII do this, and which characters were most affected by the inclusion of this major event.
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)