|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
2. What does the sky look like after the storm?
3. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
4. Where is Louise married?
5. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
2. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
3. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
4. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
5. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
6. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
7. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
8. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
9. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
10. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Sacrifice is a theme that is very prevalent in this book. Who are the characters most affected by this theme, and how do they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)