|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Joseph follow?
2. What branch of the military does Call join?
3. What does Caroline do during the storm?
4. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
5. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
2. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
3. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
4. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
5. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
6. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
7. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
8. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
9. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
10. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Education and the importance of training is a constant theme in this book. Where does this theme appear, and which characters are most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the title of the book, and what role does it play in the plot?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)