|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
2. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
3. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
4. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
5. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
2. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
3. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
4. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
5. How does Louise describe Truitt?
6. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
7. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
8. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
9. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
10. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the title of the book, and what role does it play in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are the different stages of Call's relationship with Caroline, and how do these stages affect Louise and the progression of the plot?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)