|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
2. What day does Call get married?
3. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
4. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
5. What religion does Joseph follow?
Essay Topic 1
Louise endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affect the course of the plot. Why might Patterson have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)