|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
2. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
(c) Hits her with a bible.
3. Where is Louise married?
(a) In her house.
(b) In a church.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) On the beach.
4. What does Louise name her first son?
5. Why does Call drop out of school?
(a) It is too hard for him.
(b) To support his mother.
(c) He is not learning anything.
(d) He is teased by the other boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
2. What strange object did the storm dig up?
3. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
4. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
5. What day does Call get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
2. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
3. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
4. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
5. How does Louise describe Truitt?
6. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
7. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
8. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
9. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
10. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)