|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise name her first son?
2. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
(a) A General.
(b) An angel.
(c) A sick man.
(d) A heathen.
3. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
(c) New York.
4. What does Louise name her first son after?
(a) Her father.
(b) The valley.
(c) The Captain.
(d) An island.
5. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
(a) The University of Maine.
(b) The University of Delaware.
(c) The University of Rhode Island.
(d) The University of Maryland.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
2. What does Louise study about people while in school?
3. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
4. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
5. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louise describe Truitt?
2. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
3. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
4. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
5. What was destroyed in the storm?
6. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
7. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
8. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
9. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
10. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)