|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
2. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) She has learned enough to be famous.
(b) Her family doesn't have the money.
(c) She lost interest.
(d) The Captain is teaching her instead.
3. What does Louise think of herself after getting angry with Caroline?
(a) She is losing herself.
(b) She is mature.
(c) She is crazy.
(d) She is a bad person.
4. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
5. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
2. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
3. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
4. What branch of the military does Call join?
5. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
2. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
3. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
4. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
5. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
6. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
7. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
8. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
9. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
10. How does Louise describe Truitt?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)