|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
2. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She was not invited.
(c) She has to care for her grandmother.
(d) She did not have enough money.
3. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
4. How does Trudy die?
(a) She has a stroke.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She has a heart attack.
5. What does Louise want to see when she travels?
(c) The tropics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
2. Where does water remain after the storm?
3. Where is Louise married?
4. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
5. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
2. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
3. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
4. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
5. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
6. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
7. What was destroyed in the storm?
8. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
9. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
10. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)