|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) A dress.
(b) Some make-up.
(c) A manicure set.
(d) A romance novel.
2. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
(a) The couch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The basement.
(d) Louise's room.
3. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
4. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
(a) Hiram beat her.
(b) Hiram poisoned her.
(c) Hiram starved her.
(d) Hiram strangled her.
5. What does Louise study about people while in school?
(a) Their faces.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
2. Why does Call drop out of school?
3. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
4. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
5. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
2. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
3. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
4. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
5. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
6. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
7. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
8. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
9. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
10. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)