|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Joseph follow?
2. How does Trudy die?
(a) She is hit by a car.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She drowns.
3. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Boat navigator.
(b) Oyster culler.
(c) Clam digger.
(d) Crab mater.
4. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 weeks.
5. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
(a) The couch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Louise's room.
(d) The basement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange object did the storm dig up?
2. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
3. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
4. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
5. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
2. How does Louise describe Truitt?
3. What was destroyed in the storm?
4. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
5. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
6. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
7. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
8. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
9. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
10. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)