|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Boat navigator.
(b) Crab mater.
(c) Oyster culler.
(d) Clam digger.
2. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
3. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(b) Makes coffee.
4. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
5. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
2. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
3. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
4. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
5. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
2. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
3. What was destroyed in the storm?
4. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
5. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
6. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
7. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
8. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
9. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
10. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)