|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) The captain.
(b) Mr. Rice.
(c) Her father.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
2. Where is Louise married?
(a) In her house.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In a church.
3. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
4. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
5. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange object did the storm dig up?
2. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
3. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
4. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
5. What does Louise think of herself after getting angry with Caroline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
2. What was destroyed in the storm?
3. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
4. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
5. How does Louise describe Truitt?
6. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
7. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
8. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
9. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
10. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)