|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Joseph follow?
2. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
3. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A singer.
4. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(a) Mr. Rice.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
5. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
2. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
3. What does the sky look like after the storm?
4. Where does water remain after the storm?
5. What does Louise study about people while in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
2. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
3. What was destroyed in the storm?
4. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
5. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
6. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
7. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
8. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
9. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
10. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)