|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(c) Alcohol abuse.
2. Where does water remain after the storm?
(a) In the channel.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the boats.
3. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She does not want to go to the island.
(b) She is too sick.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is angry at Call.
4. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Rice.
(c) The captain.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
5. How does Trudy die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She has a heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
2. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
3. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
4. What does Louise name her first son after?
5. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
2. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
3. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
4. What was destroyed in the storm?
5. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
6. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
7. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
8. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
9. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
10. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)