|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
(a) Mrs. Rice.
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(c) Call's mother.
2. Why does Call drop out of school?
(a) He is teased by the other boys.
(b) To support his mother.
(c) It is too hard for him.
(d) He is not learning anything.
3. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(a) Makes coffee.
4. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(a) Four times.
(b) Five times.
(c) Three times.
5. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
2. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
3. What does Louise study when she first gets to college?
4. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
5. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
2. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
3. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
4. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
5. How does Louise describe Truitt?
6. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
7. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
8. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
9. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
10. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)