|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
(a) A barn.
(b) By the veterinarian.
(c) In the general store.
(d) Her house.
2. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) Her father.
(b) The captain.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Mr. Rice.
3. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(a) Makes coffee.
4. What does Louise name her first son?
5. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
(a) A follower.
(b) A waterman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
2. What does Louise study about people while in school?
3. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
4. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
5. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
2. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
3. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
4. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
5. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
6. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
7. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
8. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
9. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
10. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)