|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
2. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She was in love with him.
(c) She was engaged to him.
(d) He broke her best friend's heart.
3. What does the sky look like after the storm?
(a) Foggy and angry.
(b) Peaceful and mucky.
(c) Clear and beautiful.
(d) Cloudy and misty.
4. What does Louise name her first son?
5. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(d) Makes coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
2. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
3. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
4. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
5. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
2. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
3. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
4. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
5. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
6. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
7. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
8. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
9. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
10. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)