|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sky look like after the storm?
(a) Clear and beautiful.
(b) Foggy and angry.
(c) Cloudy and misty.
(d) Peaceful and mucky.
2. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
(a) Call's mother.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Mrs. Rice.
3. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
(a) A badger.
(b) A tabby cat.
(c) The orange tomcat.
(d) A seagull.
4. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
(a) Makes coffee.
5. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
(a) Hiram strangled her.
(b) Hiram starved her.
(c) Hiram poisoned her.
(d) Hiram beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
2. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
3. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
4. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
5. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
2. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
3. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
4. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
5. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
6. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
7. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
8. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
9. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
10. What was destroyed in the storm?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)