|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise name her first son after?
(a) Her father.
(b) The Captain.
(c) An island.
(d) The valley.
2. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
(a) Makes coffee.
3. What does Louise study about people while in school?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their faces.
(c) Their hands.
(d) Their clothing.
4. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
5. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She does not want to go to the island.
(b) She is angry at Call.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is too sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
2. What does Louise want to see when she travels?
3. What day does Call get married?
4. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
5. Why does Call drop out of school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
2. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
3. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
4. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
5. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
6. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
7. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
8. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
9. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
10. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)