|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
(a) They can smell it.
(b) They can see the waves.
(c) They can hear it.
(d) They sense a change in the wind.
2. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) One month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) One week.
3. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
(a) Stealing her husband.
(b) Cheating on her son.
(c) Killing Trudy.
(d) Making her go insane.
4. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) Some make-up.
(b) A manicure set.
(c) A romance novel.
(d) A dress.
5. Where does water remain after the storm?
(a) In the channel.
(b) In the basement.
(c) In the boats.
(d) In the yard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
2. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
3. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
4. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
5. What does Louise name her first son after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
2. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
3. What was destroyed in the storm?
4. How does Louise describe Truitt?
5. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
6. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
7. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
8. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
9. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
10. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)