|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
2. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) Three months.
(b) One week.
(c) One month.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
(a) She was not invited.
(b) She did not have enough money.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) She has to care for her grandmother.
4. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A writer.
(d) A singer.
5. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Boat navigator.
(b) Crab mater.
(c) Oyster culler.
(d) Clam digger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
2. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
3. What does Caroline do during the storm?
4. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
5. What branch of the military does Call join?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
2. How does Louise describe Truitt?
3. What was destroyed in the storm?
4. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
5. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
6. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
7. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
8. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
9. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
10. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)