|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 5 weeks.
2. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
(a) A seagull.
(b) The orange tomcat.
(c) A badger.
(d) A tabby cat.
3. What day does Call get married?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) She lost interest.
(b) Her family doesn't have the money.
(c) She has learned enough to be famous.
(d) The Captain is teaching her instead.
5. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mrs. Rice.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
2. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
3. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
4. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
5. What does Louise name her first son after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
2. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
3. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
4. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
5. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
6. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
7. What was destroyed in the storm?
8. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
9. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
10. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)