|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mrs. Rice.
2. Why does Call drop out of school?
(a) It is too hard for him.
(b) To support his mother.
(c) He is not learning anything.
(d) He is teased by the other boys.
3. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is angry at Call.
(c) She does not want to go to the island.
(d) She is too sick.
4. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
(a) A sick man.
(b) An angel.
(c) A heathen.
(d) A General.
5. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
(a) 5 weeks.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
2. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
3. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
4. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
5. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)