|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
(a) A singer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A teacher.
2. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
3. Where is Louise married?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In her house.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) In a church.
4. What does Louise name her first son?
5. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
(a) A follower.
(b) A waterman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
2. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
3. How does Trudy die?
4. What day does Call get married?
5. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
2. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
3. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
4. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
5. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
6. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
7. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
8. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
9. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
10. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)