|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise name her first son?
2. Why does Call drop out of school?
(a) It is too hard for him.
(b) He is not learning anything.
(c) To support his mother.
(d) He is teased by the other boys.
3. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
(a) Her house.
(b) In the general store.
(c) A barn.
(d) By the veterinarian.
4. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
(a) Hiram beat her.
(b) Hiram poisoned her.
(c) Hiram strangled her.
(d) Hiram starved her.
5. What does Louise study about people while in school?
(a) Their faces.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their clothing.
(d) Their eyes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
2. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
3. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
4. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
5. Where does the Captain get married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
2. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
3. How does Louise describe Truitt?
4. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
5. What does Call tell Louise and the Captain when he comes home from the war?
6. Who does the Captain marry, and why?
7. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
8. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
9. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
10. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)