|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(a) Hits her with a bible.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
2. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
3. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
(a) She has to care for her grandmother.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She did not have enough money.
(d) She was not invited.
4. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
(a) The dock.
(b) The ferry.
(c) The Wallace house.
(d) Louise's skiff.
5. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
(a) Killing Trudy.
(b) Making her go insane.
(c) Stealing her husband.
(d) Cheating on her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Louise married?
2. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
3. How does Trudy die?
4. What does Caroline do during the storm?
5. What religion does Joseph follow?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
2. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
3. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
4. What does the Captain do to try to calm Louise's grandmother during the storm, and how does she respond?
5. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
6. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
7. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
8. How does Louise describe Truitt?
9. What does Louise say about the boredom she feels at school?
10. How does Louise feel about herself after the lotion incident, and what is appealing to her about this?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)