|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the military does Call join?
(b) Air Force.
2. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A follower.
(c) A woman.
(d) A waterman.
3. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) Her family doesn't have the money.
(b) The Captain is teaching her instead.
(c) She has learned enough to be famous.
(d) She lost interest.
4. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Oyster culler.
(b) Crab mater.
(c) Boat navigator.
(d) Clam digger.
5. How does Trudy die?
(a) She has a stroke.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She is hit by a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
2. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
3. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
4. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
5. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Louise describe Truitt?
2. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
3. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
4. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
5. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
6. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
7. How does Grandmother react after the news of Hiroshima?
8. What does the Captain say to Louise at Christmas?
9. What occasions does Louise return to Rass Island for?
10. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)