|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) A manicure set.
(b) A romance novel.
(c) A dress.
(d) Some make-up.
2. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
3. What day does Call get married?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
4. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Five times.
5. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
2. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
3. What does the sky look like after the storm?
4. What does Louise name her first son after?
5. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise learn has happened after the storm is over?
2. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
3. What does Louise decide to do in an effort to change her luck?
4. What does Louise like most about the Captain, and why?
5. What does Louise name her first child, and why?
6. How does Louise feel when she begins working for her father?
7. What does the Captain choose to do with Trudy's money after her death?
8. What does Louise's grandmother say after they find out what the Captain chooses to do with Trudy's money?
9. What does Louise do when she realizes that the older twin she caught at the end of the book is being ignored?
10. What does Louise say the water and the war are doing to the people on the island?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)