|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise find when she goes to return the cat found at the Captain's house?
(a) The house in shambles.
(b) A hoard of cats.
(c) Auntie Braxton on the floor.
(d) Miss Raston being attacked.
2. In what month does it get hard to breathe in Rass?
3. What is the name of the island where the narrator lives?
(a) Rass Island.
(b) Rear Island.
(c) Rapt Island.
(d) Ross Island.
4. What does Louise offer to help the Captain fix?
(a) His chair.
(b) His door.
(c) His boat.
(d) His dock.
5. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
(a) One quarter.
(b) One fifth.
(c) One third.
(d) One half.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Louise saving her money for?
2. How does Trudy live?
3. What does Louise ask of Call during the summer?
4. How long has the house that the strange man stays in been abandoned?
5. How much of her money does Louise give to her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened that shamed Hiram Wallace to the point that he left the island?
2. Why does Call not laugh at most jokes?
3. What does Louise hear about Mr. Rice after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
4. What does Caroline suggest they do for Trudy's cats?
5. How do the girls in town feel about Mr. Rice?
6. When did Louise say she was the center of attention?
7. What do Louise and Call help the Captain do, and how does Louise feel about it?
8. What does the narrator say about her mother in the first chapter?
9. What kind of person does Louise say Caroline is after explaining her music lessons?
10. What secret did Trudy's father keep from the other islanders?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)