|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what season does Chapter 4 take place?
2. How old was Louise when she first learned to catch crabs?
3. What is Louise saving her money for?
(a) A new piano.
(b) A ticket to New York.
(c) A new boat.
(d) A boarding school.
4. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
(a) She is intimidated by it.
(b) She no longer thinks of it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She hates it.
5. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
(d) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange man make for Louise when he catches her looking through his window?
2. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
3. What does Louise call the strange man after they meet?
4. What time does Louise get up after school lets out?
5. From what country were the captured saboteurs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caroline suggest they do for Trudy's cats?
2. What secret did Trudy's father keep from the other islanders?
3. How do most women on the island feel about the bay?
4. How does Louise's father treat his daughter's differently?
5. What does Caroline plan to do over the summer and why?
6. What kind of person does Louise say Caroline is after explaining her music lessons?
7. What does Louise feel guilty about after school lets out?
8. What did the Captain want to do with Trudy's cats, and why did that not happen?
9. What clue does the narrator give about her sister in the first chapter?
10. What do Louise and Call do every day after school lets out for the summer?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)