|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the cat that appears at the Captain's house?
2. How do the wives on the island describe the bay?
(a) As a fickle lover.
(b) As a goddess.
(c) As a protectress.
(d) As a mistress.
3. What does the Captain do while Trudy is in the hospital?
(a) Visits her daily.
(b) Writes her letters.
(c) Cleans her house.
(d) Looks through old pictures.
4. Why does Call not have many male friends?
(a) He has no father.
(b) He is fat.
(c) He prefers to play with girls.
(d) The boys do not like Louise.
5. How do the islanders feel when they find out whom the Captain is?
(a) They accept him.
(b) They welcome him.
(c) They shun him.
(d) They apologize to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Trudy live?
2. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
3. Who runs to get assistance for the cat owner?
4. From what country were the captured saboteurs?
5. What does Louise's letter say?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louise feel guilty about after school lets out?
2. What do Louise and Call do every day after school lets out for the summer?
3. What do Call and Louise do together to make money?
4. How does Louise describe the mystery man at the ferry?
5. What does the narrator say about her mother in the first chapter?
6. What clue about her future does the narrator give in the first chapter?
7. What did the Captain want to do with Trudy's cats, and why did that not happen?
8. How do the girls in town feel about Mr. Rice?
9. What question does Louise ask during the rehearsal for the Christmas program?
10. Why does Caroline have to go to the mainland in Chapter 4?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)