|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
(a) A follower.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A woman.
(d) A waterman.
2. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
3. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
(a) When Roosevelt died.
(b) When she met the Captain.
(c) When the war began.
(d) When Call joined the Navy.
4. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
(a) The orange tomcat.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A tabby cat.
(d) A badger.
5. What religion does Joseph follow?
6. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
(a) The ferry.
(b) The dock.
(c) Louise's skiff.
(d) The Wallace house.
7. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
8. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(a) Mr. Rice.
(c) Mr. Bradshaw.
9. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
10. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The couch.
(c) Louise's room.
(d) The basement.
11. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(b) Makes coffee.
12. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mrs. Rice.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
13. What strange object did the storm dig up?
(b) Time capsule.
(c) Tackle box.
14. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
15. What does Louise think of herself after getting angry with Caroline?
(a) She is mature.
(b) She is a bad person.
(c) She is losing herself.
(d) She is crazy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
2. Why does Call drop out of school?
3. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
4. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
5. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)