|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
(a) Mrs. Rice.
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(c) Her mother.
2. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(d) Alcohol abuse.
3. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
(a) Hiram poisoned her.
(b) Hiram starved her.
(c) Hiram beat her.
(d) Hiram strangled her.
4. What branch of the military does Call join?
(c) Air Force.
5. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(a) Mr. Bradshaw.
(c) Mr. Rice.
6. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
(a) The University of Maine.
(b) The University of Rhode Island.
(c) The University of Maryland.
(d) The University of Delaware.
7. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
8. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) A dress.
(c) Some make-up.
(d) A manicure set.
9. Where does the Captain get married?
(a) In the church.
(b) In the remains of his home.
(c) On a ship.
(d) In Crisfield.
10. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
11. Why does Call drop out of school?
(a) It is too hard for him.
(b) He is not learning anything.
(c) To support his mother.
(d) He is teased by the other boys.
12. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
(a) The ferry.
(b) Louise's skiff.
(c) The Wallace house.
(d) The dock.
13. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
14. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
15. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
2. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
3. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
4. What strange object did the storm dig up?
5. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)