|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She was in love with him.
(c) She was engaged to him.
(d) He broke her best friend's heart.
2. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
3. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
(c) Domestic abuse.
4. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
(a) They sense a change in the wind.
(b) They can hear it.
(c) They can see the waves.
(d) They can smell it.
5. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
(a) The University of Maine.
(b) The University of Rhode Island.
(c) The University of Maryland.
(d) The University of Delaware.
6. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(a) Three times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Four times.
7. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is angry at Call.
(c) She does not want to go to the island.
(d) She is too sick.
8. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
9. How does Trudy die?
(a) She has a heart attack.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) She drowns.
(d) She has a stroke.
10. What day does Call get married?
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
(d) Christmas Eve.
11. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
12. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
13. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(b) Hits her with a bible.
(c) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
(d) Slaps her.
14. What strange object did the storm dig up?
(b) Time capsule.
(d) Tackle box.
15. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
2. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
3. Who does the Captain marry?
4. What does Louise study about people while in school?
5. What does the sky look like after the storm?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)