|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
(a) The basement.
(b) Louise's room.
(c) The couch.
(d) The kitchen.
2. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
3. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
4. What strange object did the storm dig up?
(b) Time capsule.
(c) Tackle box.
5. Why does Call drop out of school?
(a) It is too hard for him.
(b) He is not learning anything.
(c) He is teased by the other boys.
(d) To support his mother.
6. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(b) Three times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Four times.
7. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
8. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
(a) She has to care for her grandmother.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She did not have enough money.
(d) She was not invited.
9. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
10. What does Louise name her first son?
11. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) Some make-up.
(b) A manicure set.
(c) A dress.
(d) A romance novel.
12. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) Three months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One week.
13. What does Louise want to see when she travels?
(a) The tropics.
14. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
(d) New York.
15. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
(a) In the general store.
(b) By the veterinarian.
(c) Her house.
(d) A barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Trudy die?
2. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
3. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
4. What branch of the military does Call join?
5. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)