|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does water remain after the storm?
(a) In the channel.
(b) In the yard.
(c) In the boats.
(d) In the basement.
2. What strange object did the storm dig up?
(b) Time capsule.
(c) Tackle box.
3. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
(a) A waterman.
(b) A woman.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A follower.
4. How does Trudy die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) She has a stroke.
5. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Mrs. Rice.
6. What does Louise name her first son after?
(a) The Captain.
(b) Her father.
(c) The valley.
(d) An island.
7. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(a) Slaps her.
(b) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
(d) Hits her with a bible.
8. What day does Call get married?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) Valentine's Day.
9. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(d) Makes coffee.
10. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) The captain.
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
11. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(a) Mr. Rice.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
12. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(b) Four times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Five times.
13. What branch of the military does Call join?
(c) Air Force.
14. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
(b) New York.
15. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Crab mater.
(b) Oyster culler.
(c) Boat navigator.
(d) Clam digger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
2. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
3. How much money does Louise have saved from her crabbing?
4. What does the sky look like after the storm?
5. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)