|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Captain marry?
(a) Auntie Braxton.
(c) Mrs. Rice.
(d) Call's mother.
2. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(a) Hits her with a bible.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
3. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(b) Four times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Three times.
4. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
(a) Hiram beat her.
(b) Hiram poisoned her.
(c) Hiram strangled her.
(d) Hiram starved her.
5. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
6. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
7. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Mrs. Rice.
8. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
(a) Her house.
(b) By the veterinarian.
(c) In the general store.
(d) A barn.
9. What branch of the military does Call join?
(c) Air Force.
10. Where does the Captain get married?
(a) In Crisfield.
(b) In the church.
(c) In the remains of his home.
(d) On a ship.
11. What strange object did the storm dig up?
(c) Time capsule.
(d) Tackle box.
12. How does Trudy die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She is hit by a car.
(d) She has a stroke.
13. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
14. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
15. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(d) Makes coffee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
2. What does Louise name her first son after?
3. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
4. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
5. What religion does Joseph follow?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)