|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Crab mater.
(b) Boat navigator.
(c) Clam digger.
(d) Oyster culler.
2. What does Louise want to see when she travels?
(b) The tropics.
3. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
4. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
(a) She was not invited.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She did not have enough money.
(d) She has to care for her grandmother.
5. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(c) Alcohol abuse.
(d) Domestic abuse.
6. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(d) Makes coffee.
7. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) The captain.
(b) Her father.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Mr. Rice.
8. What does the sky look like after the storm?
(a) Clear and beautiful.
(b) Peaceful and mucky.
(c) Foggy and angry.
(d) Cloudy and misty.
9. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
10. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
11. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
(a) A tabby cat.
(b) A badger.
(c) A seagull.
(d) The orange tomcat.
12. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
13. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
14. How does Trudy die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) She has a heart attack.
(d) She has a stroke.
15. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
(a) Stealing her husband.
(b) Making her go insane.
(c) Killing Trudy.
(d) Cheating on her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
2. Why does Call drop out of school?
3. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
4. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
5. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)