|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise study when she first gets to college?
2. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
(a) The University of Delaware.
(b) The University of Maryland.
(c) The University of Rhode Island.
(d) The University of Maine.
3. What does Louise name her first son after?
(a) An island.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Her father.
(d) The valley.
4. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Crab mater.
(b) Clam digger.
(c) Oyster culler.
(d) Boat navigator.
5. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
6. How does Trudy die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is hit by a car.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She has a heart attack.
7. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
(d) Makes coffee.
8. Why does Call drop out of school?
(a) He is not learning anything.
(b) To support his mother.
(c) It is too hard for him.
(d) He is teased by the other boys.
9. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) One week.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
10. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
(c) New York.
11. What does the sky look like after the storm?
(a) Clear and beautiful.
(b) Cloudy and misty.
(c) Foggy and angry.
(d) Peaceful and mucky.
12. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(b) Three times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Five times.
13. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
(a) The dock.
(b) Louise's skiff.
(c) The ferry.
(d) The Wallace house.
14. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(c) Makes coffee.
15. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) A dress.
(b) A manicure set.
(c) A romance novel.
(d) Some make-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Joseph follow?
2. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
3. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
4. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
5. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)