|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
(a) Makes coffee.
2. What day does Call get married?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(d) Valentine's Day.
3. What religion does Joseph follow?
4. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) One week.
5. What strange object did the storm dig up?
(a) Tackle box.
(c) Time capsule.
6. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
(a) He broke her best friend's heart.
(b) She was in love with him.
(c) He cheated on her.
(d) She was engaged to him.
7. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
8. Who does the Captain marry?
(a) Call's mother.
(b) Mrs. Rice.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
9. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is angry at Call.
(c) She does not want to go to the island.
(d) She is too sick.
10. Where does water remain after the storm?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the boats.
(c) In the yard.
(d) In the channel.
11. How does Trudy die?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She has a heart attack.
(c) She has a stroke.
(d) She is hit by a car.
12. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
(a) The basement.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The couch.
(d) Louise's room.
13. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
14. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) She has learned enough to be famous.
(b) The Captain is teaching her instead.
(c) She lost interest.
(d) Her family doesn't have the money.
15. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
2. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
3. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
4. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
5. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)