|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
2. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A singer.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A writer.
3. What religion does Joseph follow?
4. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
5. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
(a) She loves the island.
(b) She is attracted to the Captain.
(c) She enjoyed the suspense of the storm.
(d) She hates the island.
6. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
7. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
(a) When the war began.
(b) When Call joined the Navy.
(c) When she met the Captain.
(d) When Roosevelt died.
8. What branch of the military does Call join?
(b) Air Force.
9. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
10. Who does the Captain marry?
(a) Call's mother.
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Mrs. Rice.
11. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
(a) They can see the waves.
(b) They sense a change in the wind.
(c) They can smell it.
(d) They can hear it.
12. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
13. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) The Captain is teaching her instead.
(b) She lost interest.
(c) She has learned enough to be famous.
(d) Her family doesn't have the money.
14. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
15. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
2. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
3. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
4. What does Louise study when she first gets to college?
5. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)