|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise study about people while in school?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their faces.
(d) Their eyes.
2. Who does the Captain marry?
(a) Auntie Braxton.
(b) Call's mother.
(c) Mrs. Rice.
3. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
(a) Cheating on her son.
(b) Killing Trudy.
(c) Making her go insane.
(d) Stealing her husband.
4. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) A dress.
(b) A manicure set.
(c) A romance novel.
(d) Some make-up.
5. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
6. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
7. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
8. How much money does Louise have saved from her crabbing?
9. What does Louise name her first son after?
(a) An island.
(b) Her father.
(c) The Captain.
(d) The valley.
10. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
(a) They sense a change in the wind.
(b) They can smell it.
(c) They can see the waves.
(d) They can hear it.
11. How many teachers does the school on Rass have?
12. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
(a) Hiram poisoned her.
(b) Hiram beat her.
(c) Hiram starved her.
(d) Hiram strangled her.
13. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
(a) She was engaged to him.
(b) He cheated on her.
(c) She was in love with him.
(d) He broke her best friend's heart.
14. What day does Call get married?
(a) New Year's Eve.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
15. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
2. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
3. How many letters does Louise receive from Call?
4. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
5. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)