|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(b) Mr. Rice.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
2. Who does the Captain marry?
(a) Mrs. Rice.
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(c) Call's mother.
3. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
(a) A woman.
(b) A follower.
(c) A teacher.
(d) A waterman.
4. Why does Louise not attend Call's wedding?
(a) She did not have enough money.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) She has to care for her grandmother.
(d) She was not invited.
5. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) Her family doesn't have the money.
(b) She lost interest.
(c) The Captain is teaching her instead.
(d) She has learned enough to be famous.
6. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A writer.
(d) A singer.
7. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 weeks.
(d) 3 weeks.
8. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
9. How much money does Louise have saved from her crabbing?
10. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Boat navigator.
(b) Clam digger.
(c) Crab mater.
(d) Oyster culler.
11. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(a) Five times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
12. Where does the Captain get married?
(a) In Crisfield.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In the remains of his home.
(d) In the church.
13. Where is Louise married?
(a) In her house.
(b) On the beach.
(c) A schoolhouse.
(d) In a church.
14. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(b) Alcohol abuse.
(c) Domestic abuse.
15. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
(a) Stealing her husband.
(b) Making her go insane.
(c) Cheating on her son.
(d) Killing Trudy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the military does Call join?
2. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
3. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
4. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
5. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)