|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
(a) A writer.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A singer.
(d) A teacher.
2. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
3. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
4. What does Louise name her first son?
5. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
(c) New York.
6. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(b) Five times.
(c) Three times.
(d) Four times.
7. How much money does Louise have saved from her crabbing?
8. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
(a) They can hear it.
(b) They sense a change in the wind.
(c) They can smell it.
(d) They can see the waves.
9. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
(b) Makes coffee.
10. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She is too sick.
(b) She is angry at Call.
(c) She does not want to go to the island.
(d) She is pregnant.
11. Where does Grandmother sleep while the Captain stays at the Bradshaw house after the storm?
(a) The couch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The basement.
(d) Louise's room.
12. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She was in love with him.
(c) He broke her best friend's heart.
(d) She was engaged to him.
13. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
(a) A seagull.
(b) The orange tomcat.
(c) A badger.
(d) A tabby cat.
14. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
(a) An angel.
(b) A General.
(c) A sick man.
(d) A heathen.
15. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
(a) The dock.
(b) The ferry.
(c) Louise's skiff.
(d) The Wallace house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Louise's clinic in Truitt?
2. What religion does Joseph follow?
3. What does Grandmother accuse Susan of?
4. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
5. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)