|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Captain marry?
(a) Call's mother.
(c) Mrs. Rice.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
2. Who does Louise say she does not want to end up like?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Mrs. Rice.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
3. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
(a) She is attracted to the Captain.
(b) She enjoyed the suspense of the storm.
(c) She loves the island.
(d) She hates the island.
4. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) Her family doesn't have the money.
(b) She lost interest.
(c) She has learned enough to be famous.
(d) The Captain is teaching her instead.
5. What does Louise study when she first gets to college?
6. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
7. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) A manicure set.
(b) Some make-up.
(c) A dress.
(d) A romance novel.
8. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
9. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
(a) Hiram strangled her.
(b) Hiram poisoned her.
(c) Hiram beat her.
(d) Hiram starved her.
10. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
(a) The ferry.
(b) The Wallace house.
(c) Louise's skiff.
(d) The dock.
11. What branch of the military does Call join?
(c) Air Force.
12. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
13. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
(a) The University of Maryland.
(b) The University of Maine.
(c) The University of Delaware.
(d) The University of Rhode Island.
14. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
15. What does the sky look like after the storm?
(a) Peaceful and mucky.
(b) Clear and beautiful.
(c) Cloudy and misty.
(d) Foggy and angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise name her first son?
2. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
3. Where is Louise married?
4. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
5. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)