|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Louise married?
(a) A schoolhouse.
(b) In her house.
(c) In a church.
(d) On the beach.
2. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(a) Makes coffee.
3. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
(a) The orange tomcat.
(b) A seagull.
(c) A badger.
(d) A tabby cat.
4. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
5. Who offers to let the Captain stay at their house during the storm?
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
6. What branch of the military does Call join?
(c) Air Force.
7. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(a) Hits her with a bible.
(b) Slaps her.
(d) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
8. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) Some make-up.
(b) A romance novel.
(c) A manicure set.
(d) A dress.
9. What day does Call get married?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(c) Valentine's Day.
(d) New Year's Eve.
10. How does Louise describe her soul after Call's marriage?
11. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(c) Call's mother.
(d) Mrs. Rice.
12. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Crab mater.
(b) Oyster culler.
(c) Clam digger.
(d) Boat navigator.
13. What religion does Joseph follow?
14. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Rice.
(c) The captain.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
15. What does Louise want to see when she travels?
(d) The tropics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
2. What does Louise study when she first gets to college?
3. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
4. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
5. Why does Call drop out of school?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)