|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
(b) Mrs. Rice.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Call's mother.
2. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(a) Hits her with a bible.
(b) Slaps her.
(c) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
3. Where is Louise married?
(a) In a church.
(b) A schoolhouse.
(c) In her house.
(d) On the beach.
4. What does Louise think of herself after getting angry with Caroline?
(a) She is crazy.
(b) She is losing herself.
(c) She is mature.
(d) She is a bad person.
5. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
6. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
7. What does Louise study when she first gets to college?
8. When does Louise say she started to grow up?
(a) When she met the Captain.
(b) When the war began.
(c) When Roosevelt died.
(d) When Call joined the Navy.
9. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(a) Domestic abuse.
(b) Alcohol abuse.
10. How long does Louise go to school for after Caroline leaves?
(a) One month.
(b) Three months.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
11. Why does Caroline give up vocal lessons?
(a) She has learned enough to be famous.
(b) Her family doesn't have the money.
(c) The Captain is teaching her instead.
(d) She lost interest.
12. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
13. What branch of the military does Call join?
(d) Air Force.
14. Where does water remain after the storm?
(a) In the yard.
(b) In the boats.
(c) In the channel.
(d) In the basement.
15. What day does Call get married?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Valentine's Day.
(c) New Year's Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
2. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
3. How much money does Louise have saved from her crabbing?
4. What does the sky look like after the storm?
5. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)