|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise buy and then hide from Caroline?
(a) A manicure set.
(b) A dress.
(c) Some make-up.
(d) A romance novel.
2. Whom does Caroline think the Captain should marry?
(a) Call's mother.
(b) Mrs. Rice.
(d) Auntie Braxton.
3. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
4. What is the major health problem in Truitt?
(a) Alcohol abuse.
(b) Domestic abuse.
5. What does Louise study about people while in school?
(a) Their eyes.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their faces.
(d) Their clothing.
6. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(a) Three times.
(c) Five times.
(d) Four times.
7. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
(a) She is attracted to the Captain.
(b) She enjoyed the suspense of the storm.
(c) She hates the island.
(d) She loves the island.
8. What does Louise think of herself after getting angry with Caroline?
(a) She is a bad person.
(b) She is crazy.
(c) She is losing herself.
(d) She is mature.
9. Why does Louise's grandmother dislike the Captain?
(a) He cheated on her.
(b) She was in love with him.
(c) He broke her best friend's heart.
(d) She was engaged to him.
10. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) The captain.
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(c) Her father.
(d) Mr. Rice.
11. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is too sick.
(c) She does not want to go to the island.
(d) She is angry at Call.
12. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(d) Makes coffee.
13. What does Louise's mother do during the storm?
(d) Makes coffee.
14. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
15. What does the Captain tell Louise she was never meant to be?
(a) A follower.
(b) A woman.
(c) A waterman.
(d) A teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
2. Where is Louise married?
3. What does the sky look like after the storm?
4. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
5. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)