|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
2. What does Caroline do during the storm?
(b) Makes coffee.
3. What does Louise name her first son after?
(a) An island.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Her father.
(d) The valley.
4. Whom does Caroline help prepare for the storm?
(a) Mr. Rice.
(b) Auntie Braxton.
(c) The captain.
(d) Her father.
5. What day does Call get married?
(a) Valentine's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) New Year's Eve.
6. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She is too sick.
(b) She is angry at Call.
(c) She does not want to go to the island.
(d) She is pregnant.
7. How much money does Louise have saved from her crabbing?
8. What does Louise's grandmother call the Captain during the storm?
(a) A General.
(b) An angel.
(c) A heathen.
(d) A sick man.
9. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
(a) New York.
10. What does Louise study about people while in school?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their hands.
(c) Their eyes.
(d) Their faces.
11. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
12. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
13. What does Grandmother do when Louise stands up for her mother?
(b) Screeches at the top of her lungs.
(c) Slaps her.
(d) Hits her with a bible.
14. How many times does Louise return to Rass?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
(c) Five times.
15. What was completely destroyed in the storm?
(a) The dock.
(b) Louise's skiff.
(c) The ferry.
(d) The Wallace house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does the Captain teach Caroline and Louise?
2. What does Louise realize about herself after the storm?
3. How does Grandmother think Trudy died?
4. Who does the Captain marry?
5. What branch of the military does Call join?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)