|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louise not go to her father's funeral?
(a) She is too sick.
(b) She is angry at Call.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She does not want to go to the island.
2. What does Louise want to be when she grows up?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A singer.
(d) A writer.
3. How many families left Rass after the storm in September?
4. What does Louise study when she first gets to college?
5. What kind of person does Louise say has the most freedom?
6. What branch of the military does Call join?
(b) Air Force.
7. What does Louise name the twin girl she delivers at the end of the book?
8. How do the watermen know a storm is coming?
(a) They can smell it.
(b) They can see the waves.
(c) They sense a change in the wind.
(d) They can hear it.
9. What job does Louise take after Caroline leaves for school?
(a) Clam digger.
(b) Boat navigator.
(c) Oyster culler.
(d) Crab mater.
10. To where does Caroline get a scholarship?
11. What does the Captain teach Louise when she refuses to go to school?
12. To where does Louise get a scholarship?
(a) The University of Maine.
(b) The University of Maryland.
(c) The University of Rhode Island.
(d) The University of Delaware.
13. What does the sky look like after the storm?
(a) Foggy and angry.
(b) Clear and beautiful.
(c) Peaceful and mucky.
(d) Cloudy and misty.
14. Where does Louise's mother offer to send her to school?
(c) New York.
15. Where does the Captain get married?
(a) In the remains of his home.
(b) On a ship.
(c) In Crisfield.
(d) In the church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What survived the storm, but had its wild spirit broken?
2. What religion does Joseph follow?
3. Who receives the highest marks on the graduation test in all Rass Island history?
4. How long does the captain live with the Bradshaws?
5. What does Louise's grandmother say Louise is in danger of while the Captain stays at the house?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)