|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Captain's last name?
2. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
(a) One half.
(b) One quarter.
(c) One fifth.
(d) One third.
3. What secret did Trudy's father keep?
(a) He was wealthy.
(b) His wife was an alcoholic.
(c) They were in deep debt.
(d) Trudy was mentally challenged.
4. What does the Captain want to do with Trudy's cats?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Drown them.
(c) Set them out to be wild.
(d) Give them away.
5. Whom does Louise ask for advice about Trudy's cats?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
6. Who says they know where the new people at the ferry are going?
(a) Mr. Bradshaw.
(c) Captain Billy.
7. What does Louise do every day after school lets out?
(a) Visits Captain.
(b) Goes crabbing.
(c) Goes fishing.
(d) Walks along the beach.
8. What is the name of the island where the narrator lives?
(a) Rass Island.
(b) Rapt Island.
(c) Rear Island.
(d) Ross Island.
9. How old was Louise when she first learned to catch crabs?
10. What does Louise not want to celebrate after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
(c) New Years.
(d) Her birthday.
11. How does Louise hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) The radio.
(c) The postman.
(d) The newspaper.
12. In what month does school let out?
13. How many houses are in Rass?
14. How does Louise say God makes her feel?
15. What does Louise's sister plan to do over the summer?
(a) Get a good tan.
(b) Write her autobiography.
(c) Go on a trip.
(d) Practice singing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Caroline have to pay for her music lessons?
2. Where did Mr. Bradshaw serve as a soldier?
3. What is Louise's first name?
4. Why was the Captain not able to do what he wanted with Trudy's cats?
5. What does Louise say the women of the island are not meant to love the way she does?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)