|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's last name?
2. What occupation does Louise think the strange man holds?
(a) A thief.
(b) A recruiter.
(c) A spy.
(d) A priest.
3. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
(a) One third.
(b) One fifth.
(c) One half.
(d) One quarter.
4. What is the first name of the owner of the cat?
5. What do most people call Louise?
(b) The Older Twin.
6. How old is Louise in Chapter 1?
7. What does Louise think after asking Call for something during the summer?
(a) That Call wanted to say no.
(b) That she needs more than he can give her.
(c) That she should have kept her mouth shut.
(d) That she is grateful for Call's friendship.
8. What does Louise say her grandmother's life has consisted of?
9. How does Louise feel when she presents her idea of not celebrating?
10. Whom does Louise ask for advice about Trudy's cats?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
11. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
(a) Setting discovery.
(b) Character development.
(d) Plot settlement.
12. Where is Rass Island?
(a) Gulf of Mexico.
(b) Chesapeake Bay.
(c) Puget Sound.
(d) Off the coast of California.
13. In what month does it get hard to breathe in Rass?
14. What secret did Trudy's father keep?
(a) Trudy was mentally challenged.
(b) They were in deep debt.
(c) His wife was an alcoholic.
(d) He was wealthy.
15. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
(c) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Louise ask to help catch the strange man?
2. What does Louise say happens to her when she hears about Pearl Harbor?
3. What did Caroline refuse to do when she was first born?
4. What is Louise saving her money for?
5. What did Captain Wallace's son use his money for?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)