Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Bradshaw come to the island to work as?
(a) A decorator.
(b) A postmaster.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A teacher.
2. How much of her money does Louise give to her mother?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A third.
(d) One tenth.
3. What color is the only cat that was not taken care of?
4. What is the Captain's last name?
5. What does Caroline do after the Christmas concert?
(a) Makes fun of Betty Jean.
(c) Congratulates Emma Sue.
6. What is the name of Louise's sister?
7. How does Louise hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The postman.
(c) The radio.
(d) Word of mouth.
8. Why does Louise think the strange man has come to the island?
(a) To have a new start.
(b) To hide.
(c) The war.
(d) To make amends.
9. Who finds Louise crying after her suggestion is given?
(b) Mr. Rice.
10. Who travels with Caroline in Chapter 4?
(a) Her father.
(b) Mr. Rice.
(d) Her mother.
11. How much older than Caroline is Louise?
(a) Three years.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Two years.
(d) Two minutes.
12. What does Louise's letter say?
(a) She has won the prize.
(b) They want money to publish her lyrics.
(c) He is inviting her to dinner.
(d) He tells her about the war.
13. When does Call visit the Captain alone?
(a) At night.
(c) On Wednesday evenings.
(d) In the mornings.
14. What kind of feelings does Louise have for her sister?
15. Why does Call not have many male friends?
(a) He prefers to play with girls.
(b) He has no father.
(c) The boys do not like Louise.
(d) He is fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose solo at the Christmas concert gets the most applause?
2. What family tradition does the narrator's sister not keep?
3. What is Louise saving her money for?
4. How old is Call in Chapter 1?
5. How long has the narrator's family lived on Rass Island?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)