|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who owned the house in which the strange man is staying?
(a) Captain Billy's grandfather.
(b) Mr. Bradshaw.
(c) The government.
(d) Charles Wallace.
2. Where did Mr. Bradshaw serve as a soldier?
3. What does the Captain do while Trudy is in the hospital?
(a) Visits her daily.
(b) Looks through old pictures.
(c) Cleans her house.
(d) Writes her letters.
4. What is the name of Louise's mother?
5. What is Mr. Rice's profession?
6. From what country were the captured saboteurs?
7. Who finds Louise crying after her suggestion is given?
(b) Mr. Rice.
8. Where did Louise see the ad that she writes in response to hoping to get money?
(a) A comic book.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A cereal box.
(d) A magazine.
9. Who comes up with the right plan about the cats?
(a) The police officer.
10. Why does Louise not have many female friends?
(a) She is a tomboy.
(b) The girls do not like Call.
(c) She shuns the other girls.
(d) Louise intimidates them.
11. How old is Louise in Chapter 1?
12. What is Louise's first name?
13. What is the Captain's first name?
14. In what month does it get hard to breathe in Rass?
15. What kind of text is the first chapter written in?
(a) Descriptive essay.
(c) Detailed Narrative.
(d) Historical Background.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise say happens to her when she hears about Pearl Harbor?
2. For whom does Louise write in hopes of making money?
3. Where is Rass Island?
4. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
5. What does Louise say she has delusions of in Chapter 1?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)