|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many siblings does the narrator mention in the first chapter?
2. How do the islanders feel when they find out whom the Captain is?
(a) They accept him.
(b) They welcome him.
(c) They apologize to him.
(d) They shun him.
3. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
(c) Air Force.
4. Where did Mr. Bradshaw serve as a soldier?
5. How does Trudy live?
(a) As if she is destitute.
(b) As if she is wealthy.
(c) As if she is in fear.
(d) As if she is sickly.
6. What kind of feelings does Louise have for her sister?
7. What does Louise say her grandmother's life has consisted of?
8. What does Caroline do after the Christmas concert?
(c) Congratulates Emma Sue.
(d) Makes fun of Betty Jean.
9. Whom does Louise take with her every day after school lets out?
(b) Her mother.
10. Why did Captain Wallace's son leave the island?
(a) He and his father had a fight.
(b) He hated the water.
(c) His wife died.
(d) He was ashamed.
11. How does Louise feel when she presents her idea of not celebrating?
12. What is the name of Louise's mother?
13. What is Mr. Rice's profession?
14. Why do the children in Rass fear the house that the strange man stays in?
(a) They think it is haunted.
(b) They think it will fall down.
(c) They think a bear lives in it.
(d) They know it is full of spiders and bugs.
15. What does the Captain do while Trudy is in the hospital?
(a) Writes her letters.
(b) Looks through old pictures.
(c) Cleans her house.
(d) Visits her daily.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owned the house in which the strange man is staying?
2. What is the narrator's name?
3. What word does Louise use to describe Caroline while she is busy earning money?
4. What does Louise say she walks between as she walks down the streets of Rass Island?
5. In what season does Chapter 4 take place?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)