|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the elders of the town think the strange man is?
(a) Captain Billy's illegitimate son.
(b) An Army recruiter.
(c) Mr. Bradshaw's nephew.
(d) Captain Wallace's son.
2. How many siblings does the narrator mention in the first chapter?
3. Who travels with Caroline in Chapter 4?
(b) Her father.
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Her mother.
4. What does the Captain do while Trudy is in the hospital?
(a) Looks through old pictures.
(b) Writes her letters.
(c) Visits her daily.
(d) Cleans her house.
5. Where is Louise when she hears about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) At school.
(b) At church.
(c) Her house.
(d) In the tavern.
6. What does Louise ask of Call during the summer?
(a) If he will help her write song lyrics.
(b) If she can visit the Captain with him.
(c) If he will crab longer with her.
(d) If he could give her some space.
7. What does Louise write to try to earn money?
(a) A story line.
(b) A poem.
(c) Song lyrics.
(d) An ad jingle.
8. What does Call offer to help the Captain fix?
(a) His chair.
(b) His door.
(c) His dock.
(d) His boat.
9. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
(a) Setting discovery.
(b) Plot settlement.
(c) Character development.
10. When does Call visit the Captain alone?
(b) On Wednesday evenings.
(c) At night.
(d) In the mornings.
11. What does Louise say she walks between as she walks down the streets of Rass Island?
(a) Graves of ancestors.
(c) Eyes of the past.
(d) Old traditions.
12. What kind of feelings does Louise have for her sister?
13. How much older than Caroline is Louise?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two minutes.
(d) Three years.
14. What does Louise's sister plan to do over the summer?
(a) Get a good tan.
(b) Write her autobiography.
(c) Practice singing.
(d) Go on a trip.
15. Where does Caroline have to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) A neighboring village.
(b) The mainland.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The other side of the island.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what season does Chapter 4 take place?
2. What did Louise's grandfather send to them from the mainland?
3. What surprises Louise during her first visit with the strange man?
4. Why was the Captain not able to do what he wanted with Trudy's cats?
5. Who comes up with the right plan about the cats?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)