|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets the main solo at the Christmas concert?
(c) Betty Jean.
(d) Emma Sue.
2. What secret did Trudy's father keep?
(a) His wife was an alcoholic.
(b) They were in deep debt.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) Trudy was mentally challenged.
3. Who is Otis's father?
(a) Dr. Chapman.
(b) Mr. Jones.
(c) Captain Billy.
(d) Mr. Rice.
4. What does Caroline do after the Christmas concert?
(a) Makes fun of Betty Jean.
(d) Congratulates Emma Sue.
5. In what month does school let out?
6. How does Louise feel when she presents her idea of not celebrating?
7. Who says they know where the new people at the ferry are going?
(b) Captain Billy.
(c) Mr. Bradshaw.
8. What does the Captain want to do with Trudy's cats?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Give them away.
(c) Drown them.
(d) Set them out to be wild.
9. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She no longer thinks of it.
(d) She is intimidated by it.
10. What is the name of the island where the narrator lives?
(a) Rapt Island.
(b) Rear Island.
(c) Ross Island.
(d) Rass Island.
11. Who do the elders of the town think the strange man is?
(a) Captain Wallace's son.
(b) An Army recruiter.
(c) Captain Billy's illegitimate son.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw's nephew.
12. How old is Call in Chapter 1?
13. What does Louise say happens to her when she hears about Pearl Harbor?
(a) She understands the adult world.
(b) She sees a vision.
(c) She has an epiphany.
(d) She contemplates her future.
14. What does Louise say she walks between as she walks down the streets of Rass Island?
(a) Eyes of the past.
(c) Graves of ancestors.
(d) Old traditions.
15. What does Louise not want to celebrate after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
(b) Her birthday.
(c) New Years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Bradshaw come to the island to work as?
2. How old was Louise when she first learned to catch crabs?
3. What is Louise saving her money for?
4. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
5. What does Caroline go to the mainland weekly for?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)