|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Caroline have to pay for her music lessons?
(b) $100 a year.
(c) $10 a week.
(d) $10 a month.
2. What is Mr. Rice's profession?
3. Why do the children in Rass fear the house that the strange man stays in?
(a) They think a bear lives in it.
(b) They think it is haunted.
(c) They think it will fall down.
(d) They know it is full of spiders and bugs.
4. What is the name of Louise's mother?
5. What word does Louise use to describe Caroline while she is busy earning money?
6. Who travels with Caroline in Chapter 4?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Mr. Rice.
7. How long has the narrator's family lived on Rass Island?
(a) Two hundred-fifty years.
(b) One hundred-fifty years.
(c) One hundred years.
(d) Two hundred years.
8. How old is Louise in Chapter 1?
9. Where did Mr. Bradshaw serve as a soldier?
10. What does Louise say happens to her when she hears about Pearl Harbor?
(a) She sees a vision.
(b) She understands the adult world.
(c) She has an epiphany.
(d) She contemplates her future.
11. In what season does Chapter 1 start out?
12. What does Louise not want to celebrate after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
(c) Her birthday.
(d) New Years.
13. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
(d) Air Force.
14. What is the narrator's name?
15. What does Louise say she has delusions of in Chapter 1?
(d) The future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louise ask of Call during the summer?
2. What characteristic does Louise say Caroline lacks?
3. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
4. What occupation does Louise think the strange man holds?
5. How does Louise hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)