|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets the main solo at the Christmas concert?
(a) Emma Sue.
(c) Betty Jean.
2. Who leaves for the war after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
3. What is the first name of the owner of the cat?
4. What is Mr. Rice's profession?
5. How old was Louise when she first learned to catch crabs?
6. What color is the cat that appears at the Captain's house?
7. How do the islanders feel when they find out whom the Captain is?
(a) They welcome him.
(b) They apologize to him.
(c) They accept him.
(d) They shun him.
8. Why does Louise think the strange man has come to the island?
(a) To hide.
(b) The war.
(c) To have a new start.
(d) To make amends.
9. When does Call visit the Captain alone?
(b) In the mornings.
(c) On Wednesday evenings.
(d) At night.
10. What does Louise say happens to her when she hears about Pearl Harbor?
(a) She contemplates her future.
(b) She sees a vision.
(c) She has an epiphany.
(d) She understands the adult world.
11. What does Louise say she has delusions of in Chapter 1?
(d) The future.
12. Who is Otis's father?
(a) Captain Billy.
(b) Mr. Rice.
(c) Dr. Chapman.
(d) Mr. Jones.
13. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
(a) Character development.
(b) Plot settlement.
(d) Setting discovery.
14. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
(d) Air Force.
15. From what country were the captured saboteurs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does water represent to the families on Rass Island?
2. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
3. Who finds Louise crying after her suggestion is given?
4. What does the strange man make for Louise when he catches her looking through his window?
5. How old is Call in Chapter 1?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)