|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Mr. Bradshaw serve as a soldier?
2. Who comes up with the right plan about the cats?
(c) The police officer.
3. Whose solo at the Christmas concert gets the most applause?
(a) Betty Jean's.
(d) Emma Sue's.
4. How much does Caroline have to pay for her music lessons?
(b) $100 a year.
(c) $10 a month.
(d) $10 a week.
5. What is the Captain's first name?
6. What does Call offer to help the Captain fix?
(a) His door.
(b) His dock.
(c) His boat.
(d) His chair.
7. How does Louise hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) Word of mouth.
(b) The radio.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) The postman.
8. When does Call visit the Captain alone?
(a) At night.
(b) In the mornings.
(d) On Wednesday evenings.
9. What does Louise think after asking Call for something during the summer?
(a) That she should have kept her mouth shut.
(b) That she needs more than he can give her.
(c) That she is grateful for Call's friendship.
(d) That Call wanted to say no.
10. What are Trudy's cats suffering from?
11. Who gets the main solo at the Christmas concert?
(a) Betty Jean.
(b) Emma Sue.
12. What does Louise notice at the ferry when Caroline travels in Chapter 4?
(a) A military ship.
(b) A strange woman.
(c) An old man.
(d) A new family.
13. What is Louise saving her money for?
(a) A ticket to New York.
(b) A new boat.
(c) A new piano.
(d) A boarding school.
14. Why was the Captain not able to do what he wanted with Trudy's cats?
(a) The police wouldn't let him.
(b) They screamed.
(c) They scratched him.
(d) Louise begged him not to.
15. How old was Louise when she first learned to catch crabs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Louise's mother?
2. How many saboteurs are caught near Rass Island?
3. What is Louise's first name?
4. What illness does Caroline have when she travels in Chapter 4?
5. Why do the children in Rass fear the house that the strange man stays in?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)