|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Captain's last name?
2. How many siblings does the narrator mention in the first chapter?
3. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
(a) One half.
(b) One third.
(c) One fifth.
(d) One quarter.
4. How many houses are in Rass?
5. Where did Mr. Bradshaw serve as a soldier?
6. What does Louise call the strange man after they meet?
7. Who comes up with the right plan about the cats?
(c) The police officer.
8. What does Louise say happens to her when she hears about Pearl Harbor?
(a) She has an epiphany.
(b) She sees a vision.
(c) She understands the adult world.
(d) She contemplates her future.
9. What surprises Louise during her first visit with the strange man?
(a) He is kind.
(b) Caroline won't sing for him.
(c) Call laughs at his jokes.
(d) He knows who she is.
10. Why was the Captain not able to do what he wanted with Trudy's cats?
(a) Louise begged him not to.
(b) The police wouldn't let him.
(c) They screamed.
(d) They scratched him.
11. What does Louise not want to celebrate after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
(a) New Years.
(c) Her birthday.
12. Why does Call not have many male friends?
(a) He is fat.
(b) The boys do not like Louise.
(c) He has no father.
(d) He prefers to play with girls.
13. Where does Caroline have to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) The other side of the island.
(b) A neighboring village.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The mainland.
14. From whom does Louise get a letter?
(a) The Captain.
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Lyrics Unlimited.
15. How does Louise hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) The radio.
(c) The postman.
(d) Word of mouth.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what country were the captured saboteurs?
2. What kind of feelings does Louise have for her sister?
3. How old is Louise when she is writing in hopes to earn money?
4. What does Louise say she has delusions of in Chapter 1?
5. Who leaves for the war after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)