|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose solo at the Christmas concert gets the most applause?
(c) Betty Jean's.
(d) Emma Sue's.
2. How many saboteurs are caught near Rass Island?
3. Why does Louise not have many female friends?
(a) The girls do not like Call.
(b) She is a tomboy.
(c) She shuns the other girls.
(d) Louise intimidates them.
4. How old was Louise when she first learned to catch crabs?
5. What does Louise's sister plan to do over the summer?
(a) Go on a trip.
(b) Practice singing.
(c) Get a good tan.
(d) Write her autobiography.
6. What do most people call Louise?
(a) The Older Twin.
7. What kind of feelings does Louise have for her sister?
8. What does Louise ask of Call during the summer?
(a) If she can visit the Captain with him.
(b) If he could give her some space.
(c) If he will help her write song lyrics.
(d) If he will crab longer with her.
9. In what month does school let out?
10. What does Louise offer to help the Captain fix?
(a) His chair.
(b) His door.
(c) His boat.
(d) His dock.
11. Whom does Louise take with her every day after school lets out?
(d) Her mother.
12. Who is Otis's father?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Mr. Rice.
(c) Captain Billy.
(d) Dr. Chapman.
13. What does Louise say her grandmother's life has consisted of?
14. Who owned the house in which the strange man is staying?
(a) Captain Billy's grandfather.
(b) Charles Wallace.
(c) Mr. Bradshaw.
(d) The government.
15. What does Louise think after asking Call for something during the summer?
(a) That she needs more than he can give her.
(b) That she is grateful for Call's friendship.
(c) That Call wanted to say no.
(d) That she should have kept her mouth shut.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Louise get a letter?
2. What color is the cat that appears at the Captain's house?
3. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
4. Who finds Louise crying after her suggestion is given?
5. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)