|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family tradition does the narrator's sister not keep?
(a) Staying on the island.
(b) Marrying a fisherman.
(c) Going to college.
(d) Becoming a teacher.
2. Where does Caroline have to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) The mainland.
(b) The other side of the island.
(c) A neighboring village.
(d) The ocean.
3. How old were the sisters when they had whooping cough?
4. Where is Rass Island?
(a) Chesapeake Bay.
(b) Gulf of Mexico.
(c) Puget Sound.
(d) Off the coast of California.
5. How old was Louise when she first learned to catch crabs?
6. How does Louise hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) The radio.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) The postman.
(d) Word of mouth.
7. What does Louise not want to celebrate after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
(b) New Years.
(c) Her birthday.
8. What does Louise ask of Call during the summer?
(a) If he could give her some space.
(b) If he will help her write song lyrics.
(c) If she can visit the Captain with him.
(d) If he will crab longer with her.
9. What does Louise find when she goes to return the cat found at the Captain's house?
(a) Miss Raston being attacked.
(b) A hoard of cats.
(c) Auntie Braxton on the floor.
(d) The house in shambles.
10. What illness does Caroline have when she travels in Chapter 4?
(a) A kidney infection.
(b) Scarlet Fever.
(c) An ear infection.
(d) Typhoid Fever.
11. What is the first name of the owner of the cat?
12. How does Trudy live?
(a) As if she is destitute.
(b) As if she is in fear.
(c) As if she is sickly.
(d) As if she is wealthy.
13. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
(a) She no longer thinks of it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She is intimidated by it.
(d) She loves it.
14. Whom does Louise ask to help catch the strange man?
(a) Her father.
15. Whom does Louise ask for advice about Trudy's cats?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes up with the right plan about the cats?
2. What does Louise think after asking Call for something during the summer?
3. How old is Louise in Chapter 1?
4. What does water represent to the families on Rass Island?
5. Why does Call not have many male friends?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)