|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Louise get a letter?
(a) Mr. Rice.
(b) The Captain.
(c) Lyrics Unlimited.
2. What does Louise call the strange man after they meet?
3. When does Call visit the Captain alone?
(b) On Wednesday evenings.
(c) At night.
(d) In the mornings.
4. Who owned the house in which the strange man is staying?
(a) Captain Billy's grandfather.
(b) Charles Wallace.
(c) The government.
(d) Mr. Bradshaw.
5. What is the narrator's last name?
6. How old is Louise in Chapter 1?
7. Who do the elders of the town think the strange man is?
(a) Captain Wallace's son.
(b) Captain Billy's illegitimate son.
(c) Mr. Bradshaw's nephew.
(d) An Army recruiter.
8. What does Louise say she walks between as she walks down the streets of Rass Island?
(a) Eyes of the past.
(b) Old traditions.
(c) Graves of ancestors.
9. For whom does Louise write in hopes of making money?
(b) Articles Galore.
(c) Poems Unending.
(d) Lyrics Unlimited.
10. Why does Call not have many male friends?
(a) He prefers to play with girls.
(b) The boys do not like Louise.
(c) He is fat.
(d) He has no father.
11. What is Louise's first name?
12. In what season does Chapter 1 start out?
13. To whom does the tomcat at the Captain's house belong?
(a) Miss Raston.
(b) Granny Rundle.
(c) Auntie Braxton.
(d) Mrs. Brayden.
14. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
(a) Setting discovery.
(b) Character development.
(c) Plot settlement.
15. What does Louise say happens to her when she hears about Pearl Harbor?
(a) She has an epiphany.
(b) She sees a vision.
(c) She contemplates her future.
(d) She understands the adult world.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the islanders feel when they find out whom the Captain is?
2. What does Louise notice at the ferry when Caroline travels in Chapter 4?
3. Who finds Louise crying after her suggestion is given?
4. What is the name of the island where the narrator lives?
5. Where does Louise find peace?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)