|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Louise's mother?
2. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
(a) She is intimidated by it.
(b) She no longer thinks of it.
(c) She hates it.
(d) She loves it.
3. Why does Call not have many male friends?
(a) He prefers to play with girls.
(b) He has no father.
(c) He is fat.
(d) The boys do not like Louise.
4. Where does Caroline have to travel in Chapter 4?
(a) The other side of the island.
(b) The ocean.
(c) A neighboring village.
(d) The mainland.
5. What makes it difficult to breathe during the summer in Rass?
(a) Extreme humidity.
(d) A thick haze.
6. Where did Mr. Bradshaw serve as a soldier?
7. From whom does Louise get a letter?
(a) Mr. Rice.
(b) The Captain.
(d) Lyrics Unlimited.
8. What does the Captain want to do with Trudy's cats?
(a) Drown them.
(b) Give them away.
(c) Set them out to be wild.
(d) Kill them.
9. What secret did Trudy's father keep?
(a) Trudy was mentally challenged.
(b) His wife was an alcoholic.
(c) He was wealthy.
(d) They were in deep debt.
10. Who is Otis's father?
(a) Mr. Jones.
(b) Dr. Chapman.
(c) Captain Billy.
(d) Mr. Rice.
11. How much of her money does Louise give to her mother?
(a) A quarter.
(b) One tenth.
(d) A third.
12. Why did Captain Wallace's son leave the island?
(a) He was ashamed.
(b) He and his father had a fight.
(c) His wife died.
(d) He hated the water.
13. What characteristic does Louise say Caroline lacks?
14. What does Louise not want to celebrate after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
(b) New Years.
(d) Her birthday.
15. How does Louise say God makes her feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of feelings does Louise have for her sister?
2. What is the narrator's name?
3. In what season does Chapter 1 start out?
4. Why does Louise not have many female friends?
5. What does Call offer to help the Captain fix?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)