|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise do every day after school lets out?
(a) Goes fishing.
(b) Goes crabbing.
(c) Walks along the beach.
(d) Visits Captain.
2. How does Louise hear about the attack on Pearl Harbor?
(a) The postman.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Word of mouth.
(d) The radio.
3. How old is Louise when she is writing in hopes to earn money?
4. Why do the children in Rass fear the house that the strange man stays in?
(a) They think it is haunted.
(b) They know it is full of spiders and bugs.
(c) They think a bear lives in it.
(d) They think it will fall down.
5. From whom does Louise get a letter?
(a) The Captain.
(c) Mr. Rice.
(d) Lyrics Unlimited.
6. When does Call visit the Captain alone?
(b) On Wednesday evenings.
(c) In the mornings.
(d) At night.
7. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
(d) Air Force.
8. How does Louise feel when she presents her idea of not celebrating?
9. In what month does school let out?
10. What is the first name of the owner of the cat?
11. In what season does Chapter 4 take place?
12. For whom does Louise write in hopes of making money?
(a) Lyrics Unlimited.
(b) Poems Unending.
(c) Articles Galore.
13. What does Louise find when she goes to return the cat found at the Captain's house?
(a) Auntie Braxton on the floor.
(b) The house in shambles.
(c) A hoard of cats.
(d) Miss Raston being attacked.
14. What is Louise saving her money for?
(a) A ticket to New York.
(b) A boarding school.
(c) A new piano.
(d) A new boat.
15. In what month does it get hard to breathe in Rass?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Louise see the ad that she writes in response to hoping to get money?
2. How does Trudy live?
3. What secret did Trudy's father keep?
4. Who do the elders of the town think the strange man is?
5. How old were the sisters when they had whooping cough?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)