|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Louise's grandmother feel about the water?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She no longer thinks of it.
(c) She is intimidated by it.
(d) She hates it.
2. What is the name of Louise's sister?
3. What does Louise's letter say?
(a) She has won the prize.
(b) He is inviting her to dinner.
(c) He tells her about the war.
(d) They want money to publish her lyrics.
4. What does water represent to the families on Rass Island?
(a) More of the same.
(b) Danger and chaos.
(c) Livelihood and entertainment.
(d) Wealth and stability.
5. What are Call and Louise doing in Chapter 1?
(b) Diving for oysters.
(c) Catching crabs.
(d) Selling clams.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom does Louise write in hopes of making money?
2. What does Louise do every day after school lets out?
3. What does Call offer to help the Captain fix?
4. From what country were the captured saboteurs?
5. What branch of the military did Mr. Rice join?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)