|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says they know where the new people at the ferry are going?
(c) Mr. Bradshaw.
(d) Captain Billy.
2. Why does Mr. Bradshaw not allow Louise on his boat?
(a) She is too young.
(b) The boat is too small.
(c) He wants some space.
(d) Women are not allowed on the boats.
3. How old is Louise when she is writing in hopes to earn money?
4. Why did Captain Wallace's son leave the island?
(a) He hated the water.
(b) He was ashamed.
(c) He and his father had a fight.
(d) His wife died.
5. What does Louise's letter say?
(a) He is inviting her to dinner.
(b) They want money to publish her lyrics.
(c) She has won the prize.
(d) He tells her about the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Louise ask to help catch the strange man?
2. How much does Caroline have to pay for her music lessons?
3. Where does Louise find peace?
4. How much of her money does Louise give to her mother?
5. How does Louise feel when she presents her idea of not celebrating?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)