|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness does Caroline have when she travels in Chapter 4?
(a) Scarlet Fever.
(b) An ear infection.
(c) Typhoid Fever.
(d) A kidney infection.
2. What kind of text is the first chapter written in?
(b) Detailed Narrative.
(c) Descriptive essay.
(d) Historical Background.
3. Why did Captain Wallace's son leave the island?
(a) He and his father had a fight.
(b) He hated the water.
(c) His wife died.
(d) He was ashamed.
4. What does water represent to the families on Rass Island?
(a) Livelihood and entertainment.
(b) Danger and chaos.
(c) Wealth and stability.
(d) More of the same.
5. How long has the narrator's family lived on Rass Island?
(a) Two hundred years.
(b) One hundred-fifty years.
(c) One hundred years.
(d) Two hundred-fifty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who leaves for the war after hearing about Pearl Harbor?
2. How does Louise feel when she presents her idea of not celebrating?
3. When does Call visit the Captain alone?
4. From whom does Louise get a letter?
5. How do the wives on the island describe the bay?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)