1. Where is Rass Island?
(a) Chesapeake Bay.
(b) Off the coast of California.
(c) Gulf of Mexico.
(d) Puget Sound.
2. How long has the narrator's family lived on Rass Island?
(a) Two hundred-fifty years.
(b) Two hundred years.
(c) One hundred years.
(d) One hundred-fifty years.
3. What kind of settlement does the narrator live in?
4. How much of the island does the narrator's settlement take up?
(a) One quarter.
(b) One half.
(c) One third.
(d) One fifth.
5. What is the narrator's last name?
6. What kind of text is the first chapter written in?
(a) Descriptive essay.
(c) Historical Background.
(d) Detailed Narrative.
7. What does NOT occur in the first chapter?
(a) Setting discovery.
(c) Plot settlement.
(d) Character development.
8. How many siblings does the narrator mention in the first chapter?
9. What family tradition does the narrator say she does not keep?
(a) Becoming a teacher.
(b) Going to college.
(c) Staying on the island.
(d) Marrying a fisherman.
This section contains 3,272 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)