|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mercy realizes in Chapter 85 that Jack has biological children located where?
(a) In Whitechapel.
(b) In France.
(c) In Australia.
(d) In Ireland.
2. What is the truth about the history between Constable and Mr. Phipps?
(a) They had committed a robbery together.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They had been rivals over Mercy.
(d) They had been lovers.
3. What doctor does the cabbie take Tobias to see in the beginning of Chapter 52?
(a) Dr. Grieves.
(b) Dr. Hardwick.
(c) Dr. Smith.
(d) Dr. Peterman.
4. Where is Mary Oates from?
5. At what time does Jack say he will return to Tobias’s door in the morning in Chapter 84?
6. The doctor that comes to see Spinks says that he will put down what as the cause of death on the death certificate in Chapter 50?
7. Whose name does Jack insist that Tobias never repeat again in Chapter 73?
8. What doctor does Tobias recall in Wapping that had killed three of his spinster patients and fed their remains to his fox terrier in Chapter 53?
(a) Dr. Smith.
(b) Dr. Snipes.
(c) Dr. Grieves.
(d) Dr. Hardwick.
9. To what street does Mary Oates walk when she leaves home in Chapter 77?
(a) Cecil Street.
(b) Great Windmill Street.
(c) Great Queen Street.
(d) Chancery Lane.
10. Who does Jack say is heartbroken when he is under Tobias’s hypnotism in Chapter 55?
11. What is the name of the publisher that Tobias has gone to see about signing a contract for Tobias’s next novel about Jack Maggs in Chapter 61?
(a) Wilf Partridge.
(b) Silas Smith.
(c) Cheery Entwhistle.
(d) Samuel Laurence.
12. When the Thief-taker first appears at the Bull Inn to meet with Jack and Tobias, he appears to be what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A little boy.
(d) A clergyman.
13. What is the title of the Character Sketch that Tobias writes for the Observer in Chapter 50?
(a) “Witchy Wanda.”
(b) “Sarah Silversmith.”
(c) “Jack Maggs.”
(d) “Titchy Tate.”
14. Henry meets with Mr. Butler and his lawyer in a subaltern of what regiment in Chapter 79?
(a) The 57th Foot Regiment.
(b) The 63rd Foot Regiment.
(c) The 72nd Foot Regiment.
(d) The 15th Foot Regiment.
15. What novel is Elizabeth Warriner reading in the opening of Chapter 64?
(a) Captain Crumley.
(b) Great Expectations.
(c) Adam Smith.
(d) Castle Rackrent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Thief-taker that Jack gives at the Bull Inn?
2. What does Jack tell Mr. Spinks he should never look in the eye in Chapter 46?
3. Mary tells Elizabeth that she gave her medicine in what, in Chapter 86?
4. For how many years does Jack say he spent in “a hell called Moreton Bay” in Chapter 47?
5. What doctor does Tobias write to when Jack appears requesting one for the butler in Chapter 50?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)