|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 85-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the title of the Character Sketch that Tobias writes for the Observer in Chapter 50?
(a) “Jack Maggs.”
(b) “Sarah Silversmith.”
(c) “Titchy Tate.”
(d) “Witchy Wanda.”
2. What role is Tobias playing when he arrives at Mr. Butler’s home in Chapter 39?
(a) Sir William McReady.
(b) King Lear.
(c) Edward the Great.
(d) Sir Spencer Spence.
3. What was the name of Jack’s benefactor growing up?
(a) Silas Smith.
(b) Wilf Partridge.
(c) Edward Constable.
(d) Henry Phipps.
4. For how many years does Jack say he spent in “a hell called Moreton Bay” in Chapter 47?
5. By what name does Tobias refer to his sister-in-law in Chapter 22?
(a) Miss McLaughlin.
(b) Miss Ross.
(c) Miss Matthews.
(d) Miss Warriner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, Mr. Hawthorne describes an article from The Chronicle about a Russian gentleman who came from Sebastopol to learn what in London?
2. What does Edward Constable define in Chapter 38 as someone who is “rich and has no manners”?
3. What was the name on the pill bottles that Mary Britten began selling instead of sausages, according to Jack’s letter in Chapter 58?
4. When the Thief-taker first appears at the Bull Inn to meet with Jack and Tobias, he appears to be what?
5. To what street does Mary Oates walk when she leaves home in Chapter 77?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)