|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 85-87.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John Sheppard said to have been hanged in Chapter 13?
2. What is the name of the hangman at Newgate Prison, according to the narrator in Chapter 33?
(a) Harold Hoban.
(b) Edward Constable.
(c) James Warsaw.
(d) Samuel Laurence.
3. By what year does Jack say in his letter that he and his family “ate best brisket, chump chops, rolled roast beef from the butcher’s shop in Upper Street, and Mrs. Britten was the owner of two freehold titles” in Chapter 58?
4. Who is the old dustman that Silas arranged to pick up the sacks of stolen goods that Jack stole, according to Jack’s letter in Chapter 43?
(a) Mr. Cobblestone.
(b) Mr. James.
(c) Mr. Figgs.
(d) Mr. Jamm.
5. What does Tobias take out and spin when he hypnotizes Jack in Chapter 22?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Thief-taker first appears at the Bull Inn to meet with Jack and Tobias, he appears to be what?
2. Whose body does the Thief-taker say he found “when everyone said he was touring in the Pyrenees” in Chapter 67?
3. Who does Jack say Mrs. Halfstairs had him deliver a message to when he is discovered in the kitchen by Mr. Butler in Chapter 30?
4. What doctor does Tobias recall in Wapping that had killed three of his spinster patients and fed their remains to his fox terrier in Chapter 53?
5. Where did Mary Britten supposedly own a “commodious gentlemen’s residence,” according to Jack’s letter in Chapter 58?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)