|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term from Chapter 22 refers to a working-class movement for political reform in Britain between 1838 and 1848?
2. What does Mercy have that she found in a little envelope in Jack’s pocket in Chapter 49?
(a) A key and a number.
(b) A ring and a watch.
(c) Two locks of baby’s hair.
(d) A letter and a postcard.
3. Who was the master of Mr. Buckle’s home on Great Queen Street prior to Mr. Buckle?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(b) Mr. Oates.
(c) Mr. Quentin.
(d) Mr. Spinks.
4. What does Jack do with Mercy when she encounters him in the basement in Chapter 41?
(a) He lets her leave the house.
(b) He locks her in her room.
(c) He hits her on the head with a lantern.
(d) He rapes her.
5. What does the doctor demand as payment for his services after he’s saved Tobias’s baby from infection in Chapter 53?
(a) Elizabeth’s necklace.
(b) Mary’s wedding ring.
(c) Tobias’s painting.
(d) Tobias’s wedding ring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the publisher that Tobias has gone to see about signing a contract for Tobias’s next novel about Jack Maggs in Chapter 61?
2. Where does Tobias spend the night at a lodging house in Chapter 55?
3. Into what neighborhood did Tobias’s father settle after he received a pardon for his murder charge?
4. What is the name of the Thief-taker that Jack gives at the Bull Inn?
5. Where had Tobias spent his fourth year at a home for orphaned boys?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)