|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term from Chapter 22 refers to a working-class movement for political reform in Britain between 1838 and 1848?
2. How many paces behind him does Mr. Butler instruct Jack to keep as they walk to Tobias’s home in Chapter 22?
3. What does Jack do after the doctor leaves Mr. Butler’s house in Chapter 40?
(a) He sends out all the servants.
(b) He nails the doors and windows shut.
(c) He calls the police.
(d) He creeps into the alley to follow him.
4. What has Jack drunk a bottle of from Mr. Butler’s cellar when he awakens in the morning in Chapter 32?
(b) Scotch whisky.
5. What is the name of the coach that the man with the red waistcoat arrives in, in the beginning of Chapter 1?
(a) The Rocket.
(b) The Blue Pony.
(c) The Jackson.
(d) The Charger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mary Britten’s “big red-boned son”?
2. How much money did Jack’s benefactor pay to take his naked body when he was found as an infant under the London Bridge?
3. What doctor does Tobias recall in Wapping that had killed three of his spinster patients and fed their remains to his fox terrier in Chapter 53?
4. Percy Butler is said to be no taller than what height in Chapter 30?
5. What is the name of the young carpenter’s apprentice that Tobias sees burned in the morgue in Chapter 34?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)