|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 70-72.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A bailiff with muddy boots brings Tobias three promissory notes signed by whom in Chapter 50?
(a) Mary Britten.
(b) Mr. Pope.
(c) John Oates.
(d) Elizabeth Warriner.
2. What do Jack and Tobias use to bail water from the sinking boat in Chapter 71?
(a) Tobias’s top hat.
(b) Jack’s boots.
(c) Jack’s suitcase.
(d) Tobias’s attaché case.
3. Who is the chief actor at the Lyceum Theatre and a guest at Mr. Buckle’s estate in Chapter 7?
(a) Wilf Partridge.
(b) Henry Hawthorne.
(c) Edward Constable.
(d) Samuel Laurence.
4. Where did Mary Britten supposedly own a “commodious gentlemen’s residence,” according to Jack’s letter in Chapter 58?
(a) Lineham Hall.
(b) Notting Hill.
(c) Great Windmill Street.
(d) Chancery Lane.
5. Who is the man that knows Jack and who works at the Bull Inn in Chapter 66?
(a) Silas Smith.
(b) Samuel Laurence.
(c) George Conklin.
(d) Wilf Partridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator notes in Chapter 25 that there are what “in all crooked businesses”?
2. Where does Henry Hawthorne have lunch with Tobias on April 23 in Chapter 25?
3. Where had Mercy Larkin’s father worked as a mechanic, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
4. What is the name of the coach that the man with the red waistcoat arrives in, in the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. The letters that Jack sends to Henry Phipps are written with what?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)