|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many paces behind him does Mr. Butler instruct Jack to keep as they walk to Tobias’s home in Chapter 22?
2. Where was John Sheppard said to have been hanged in Chapter 13?
3. In what year was Jack transported out of London with a life sentence?
4. What is the name of the hangman at Newgate Prison, according to the narrator in Chapter 33?
(a) Harold Hoban.
(b) Samuel Laurence.
(c) James Warsaw.
(d) Edward Constable.
5. Tobias tells the guests at the dinner party in Chapter 7 that the cerebrum “is a vessel that never” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator notes in Chapter 25 that there are what “in all crooked businesses”?
2. What does Tobias take out and spin when he hypnotizes Jack in Chapter 22?
3. Who is the first to go into the scullery and meet with the visiting “doctor” in Chapter 39?
4. How many cats did Mr. Buckle inherit along with his house on Great Queen Street?
5. What is the name of Tobias’s sister-in-law who lives in his household?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)