|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what street does Tobias live in Chapter 10?
(a) Great Queen Street.
(b) Whitechapel Street.
(c) Lamb’s Conduit Street.
(d) Chancery Lane.
2. What is the name of the young carpenter’s apprentice that Tobias sees burned in the morgue in Chapter 34?
(a) Thomas Griff.
(b) Silas Smith.
(c) Edward Constable.
(d) Wilf Partridge.
3. What role is Tobias playing when he arrives at Mr. Butler’s home in Chapter 39?
(a) Sir Spencer Spence.
(b) Sir William McReady.
(c) King Lear.
(d) Edward the Great.
4. What has Jack drunk a bottle of from Mr. Butler’s cellar when he awakens in the morning in Chapter 32?
(a) Scotch whisky.
5. Through whose house does Jack escape from to the street below in the end of Chapter 9?
(a) Mr. Laurence’s.
(b) Mr. Pope’s.
(c) Mr. Phipps’s.
(d) Mr. Smith’s.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, Tobias says he is setting off for what location to write about a recent fire?
2. What is the name of Mercy’s father?
3. What was the name of Jack’s benefactor growing up?
4. How old is Tobias said to be in Chapter 10?
5. Who are the undertakers in Gibbons Lane that Tobias goes to see in Chapter 34?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)