|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 37-39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Tobias’s daily workbook where he records the words of Jack under hypnosis?
2. How old is Tobias said to be in Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of Mr. Buckle’s “bibulous and senile butler” that he inherited along with his house on Great Queen Street?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(b) Mr. Spinks.
(c) Mr. Pope.
(d) Mr. Constable.
4. What is the name of Mercy’s father?
(a) Horace Larkin.
(b) Peter Larkin.
(c) James Larkin.
(d) Andrew Larkin.
5. What is the profession of Mr. Tobias Oates?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is an author.
(d) He is an orchestra maestro.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what book written Tobias is it said that Mary Oates “never grasped the point”?
2. Where does Henry Hawthorne have lunch with Tobias on April 23 in Chapter 25?
3. Tobias tells the guests at the dinner party in Chapter 7 that the cerebrum “is a vessel that never” what?
4. Mercy tells Jack in Chapter 28 that Mr. Buckle had a sister that was transported where?
5. By what name does Tobias refer to his sister-in-law in Chapter 22?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)