|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tobias’s wife?
(a) Mercy Oates.
(b) Sarah Oates.
(c) Elizabeth Oates.
(d) Mary Oates.
2. Tobias is said to have purchased the hand of a thief at a little shop where in Chapter 13?
3. Who offers to send his friends to find Henry Phipps in Chapter 32?
(a) Mr. Britten.
(b) Mr. Pope.
(c) Mr. Constable.
(d) Mr. Francis.
4. What is the name of the hangman at Newgate Prison, according to the narrator in Chapter 33?
(a) Edward Constable.
(b) Harold Hoban.
(c) Samuel Laurence.
(d) James Warsaw.
5. What is the precise date given by the narrator in Chapter 1 when the man with the red waistcoat arrives in London?
(a) May 1, 1837.
(b) April 15, 1837.
(c) September 14, 1837.
(d) March 12, 1836.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school had Mercy briefly attended, according to the narrator in Chapter 19?
2. Tobias is said in Chapter 13 to have ambitions to become “a novelist who might topple” who himself?
3. What is the name of Mercy’s father?
4. What location does Constable tell Jack he mentioned while under hypnosis in Chapter 8?
5. When Tobias offers to help Jack with his inner demons in Tobias’s office in Chapter 13, Jack replies, “But what is it to you, Sir? It is my pain after all.” What is Tobias’s response?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)