|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tobias is said in Chapter 13 to have ambitions to become “a novelist who might topple” who himself?
(d) Lord Byron.
2. Where does Mr. Buckle say he formerly had his little shop in Chapter 9?
3. What physical curiosity is noted of the man in the red waistcoat both aboard the coach and outside the gin bar in Chapter 1?
(a) He is missing his right foot.
(b) He is missing two fingers on his left hand.
(c) He has a scar from his mouth to his temple.
(d) He is missing three fingers in his right hand.
4. How old is Tobias said to be in Chapter 10?
5. What is the profession of Mr. Tobias Oates?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is an orchestra maestro.
(c) He is an author.
(d) He is a painter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What location does Constable tell Jack he mentioned while under hypnosis in Chapter 8?
2. What is the name of Mr. Buckle’s “bibulous and senile butler” that he inherited along with his house on Great Queen Street?
3. Through whose house does Jack escape from to the street below in the end of Chapter 9?
4. What night of the week is it when the man with the red waistcoat arrives in London in the opening of Chapter 1?
5. In Chapter 7, Mr. Hawthorne describes an article from The Chronicle about a Russian gentleman who came from Sebastopol to learn what in London?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)