|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
2. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
3. By the end of 1940, clothing has become so scarce that:
4. What does Klemperer do with the papers he does not send for safekeeping?
5. Credible rumors circulate that Jews in occupied __________ are treated very severely.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1936, Klemperer expresses the opinion that the outcome of the Spanish Civil War will signal the future of the Nazi government. Was he correct? Compare and contrast the outcome of the Spanish Civil War to the fate of the Nazi government, and use the text as backup for your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Choose any three of the discriminatory actions legalized by the passage of the Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race and write an essay that analyzes and explains the effect each of the actions that you chose. Explain the effects upon the Jews as well as on non-Jews and the Nazi Party. Use the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Klemperer's belief that an amphibious landing in England is impossible with the successful amphibious landings on D-Day. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)