Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
3. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
4. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
5. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
Essay Topic 1
In a July 1936 diary entry, Klemperer wonders, "What was I, what am I?" (p. 175). Supporting your arguments from the text, analyze Klemperer's statement and then answer it for him.
Essay Topic 2
In 1936, Klemperer expresses the opinion that the outcome of the Spanish Civil War will signal the future of the Nazi government. Was he correct? Compare and contrast the outcome of the Spanish Civil War to the fate of the Nazi government, and use the text as backup for your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Klemperer discounts his skills in several diary entries throughout I Will Bear Witness, believing them to be neither marketable nor viable outside the German education system. Using examples from the book, analyze and demonstrate whether or not Klemperer's self-assessment of his abilities was accurate.
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)