Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
3. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
4. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
5. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
Compare and contrast the following two concepts:
a) Klemperer's 1938 conclusion that Hitler is a political genius and that the viable existence of German Jews is decidedly short-lived
b) Klemperer's previous years' conclusions about Hitler, the viability of the Nazi Party, and the existence of German Jews.
Use the text to support your arguments.
As the time of his release from prison drew near, Klemperer became very fearful, wondering whether he would be released as promised. Analyze and explain whether or not his fears were valid, as well as what might have happened to him if the police had decided not to release him. Support your arguments with examples from the text.
In 1936, Klemperer expresses the opinion that the outcome of the Spanish Civil War will signal the future of the Nazi government. Was he correct? Compare and contrast the outcome of the Spanish Civil War to the fate of the Nazi government, and use the text as backup for your opinion.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)