|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
2. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
3. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
4. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
5. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
Essay Topic 1
Using the text as backup, list and explain some of the political reasons that could cause a person to be fired from his or her job by the Nazis, as well as what types of individuals found themselves being forcibly expelled from Germany, and why.
Essay Topic 2
In his 1937 diary entries, Klemperer spends a great deal of time pondering whether the virulent anti-Semitism embodied in Hitler is abnormal or if it is inherent to the national German psyche. Analyze, explore, and demonstrate which of the two options is correct, using the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Klemperer's belief that an amphibious landing in England is impossible with the successful amphibious landings on D-Day. Use the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)