|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
3. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
4. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
5. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
Essay Topic 1
On page 130 of I Will Bear Witness, Klemperer quotes his dentist as saying that the Nazis "have broken their word to everyone, except to the Jews." Explain why this statement is either correct or incorrect, using the text as proof.
Essay Topic 2
In his 1937 diary entries, Klemperer spends a great deal of time pondering whether the virulent anti-Semitism embodied in Hitler is abnormal or if it is inherent to the national German psyche. Analyze, explore, and demonstrate which of the two options is correct, using the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
In a July 1936 diary entry, Klemperer wonders, "What was I, what am I?" (p. 175). Supporting your arguments from the text, analyze Klemperer's statement and then answer it for him.
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)