Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
3. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
4. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
5. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
Compare and contrast the following two concepts:
a) Klemperer's 1938 conclusion that Hitler is a political genius and that the viable existence of German Jews is decidedly short-lived
b) Klemperer's previous years' conclusions about Hitler, the viability of the Nazi Party, and the existence of German Jews.
Use the text to support your arguments.
Did the Aryans who chose to keep silent during the early days of Hitler's rise to power, rather than voice their opposition to Hitler and his views, enable and/or tacitly support him by their silence? Analyze and demonstrate why or why not, supporting your arguments with examples from the text.
Using the text, analyze and explain whether or not the "long view" of events Klemperer presents in his 1941 diary entries shows that he has become resigned to his, and Germany's, situation under Nazism.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)