Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
2. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
3. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
5. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what part of 1940 does the expansion in scope of the war become particularly marked?
2. What country's civil war is still ongoing throughout 1937?
3. For what kinds of property issues do the Klemperers find themselves harassed by the city during 1937?
4. What is Victor Klemperer's theory of German national characteristics?
5. During a trip to Berlin, what does Klemperer learn that encourages him?
6. To what does Klemperer compare the politicized and specialized language of the Third Reich?
7. In 1937, what is the conclusion that Klemperer draws about Hitler and the resilience of the Nazis?
8. What were one of the requirements of Palestine's immigration policies that made it difficult for Jews to emigrate there?
9. Klemperer spends time during 1939 considering the relationship between Jews and the historic German nation. What is his conclusion?
10. In 1933, how does Klemperer find the German political situation?
Essay Topic 1
Choose any three of the discriminatory actions legalized by the passage of the Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race and write an essay that analyzes and explains the effect each of the actions that you chose. Explain the effects upon the Jews as well as on non-Jews and the Nazi Party. Use the book to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze and explain why the conquest of Poland in 1939 caused Klemperer to lose all hope of a rapid German defeat. Use the text to back up your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Using the text as backup, list and explain some of the political reasons that could cause a person to be fired from his or her job by the Nazis, as well as what types of individuals found themselves being forcibly expelled from Germany, and why.
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)