Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
2. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
3. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
5. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what part of 1940 does the expansion in scope of the war become particularly marked?
2. What country's civil war is still ongoing throughout 1937?
3. For what kinds of property issues do the Klemperers find themselves harassed by the city during 1937?
4. What is Victor Klemperer's theory of German national characteristics?
5. During a trip to Berlin, what does Klemperer learn that encourages him?
6. To what does Klemperer compare the politicized and specialized language of the Third Reich?
7. In 1937, what is the conclusion that Klemperer draws about Hitler and the resilience of the Nazis?
8. What were one of the requirements of Palestine's immigration policies that made it difficult for Jews to emigrate there?
9. Klemperer spends time during 1939 considering the relationship between Jews and the historic German nation. What is his conclusion?
10. In 1933, how does Klemperer find the German political situation?
Essay Topic 1
Did the Aryans who chose to keep silent during the early days of Hitler's rise to power, rather than voice their opposition to Hitler and his views, enable and/or tacitly support him by their silence? Analyze and demonstrate why or why not, supporting your arguments with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Klemperer's belief that an amphibious landing in England is impossible with the successful amphibious landings on D-Day. Use the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and explain whether Eva's long illness--as well as Grete's mental breakdown--during 1940 could have been a result of the stress and anxiety of living under the control of the Nazis.
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)