|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times does Georg send the Klemperers money in 1938?
2. Some bombings are particularly devastating to Berlin and:
3. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) The Dölzchen ghetto.
(b) The Dresden ghetto.
(c) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(d) The Berlin ghetto.
4. In what month of 1940 does Klemperer send his stamp collection and important papers to his friend Annemarie for safeguarding?
5. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(b) Selling them in yard sales.
(c) Giving them away.
(d) Packing them in preparation for the move.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose fascist regime does Nazi Germany begin to support in 1937?
2. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
3. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
4. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
5. What is the purpose of the yellow sign that the government puts on Klemperer's fence corners?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Nazis renovate or make improvements the property they seized from Victor Klemperer, to whom do they send the bill?
2. As 1940 progresses, which continent becomes entirely involved in World War II?
3. The return of what German legion, according to Klemperer, is celebrated in June 1939?
4. What November 1938 event forced even those Jews who were most resolutely in denial (among them Klemperer) to finally come to terms with the genocidal hatred of Hitler?
5. Klemperer spends time during 1939 considering the relationship between Jews and the historic German nation. What is his conclusion?
6. In what month of 1940 does the Nazi party take control of the Klemperers' house and evict them?
7. What country's civil war is still ongoing throughout 1937?
8. During a trip to Berlin, what does Klemperer learn that encourages him?
9. Early in 1939, on what book does Klemperer begin to work in earnest?
10. As Klemperer fights a daily battle with fear, what is one of the frequent thoughts that he says run through his head?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)