|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(b) Selling them in yard sales.
(c) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(d) Giving them away.
2. One of Victor's entries makes note of the establishment of which automaker's factory?
(c) General Motors.
3. Bombings occur in the West, then in Berlin, and then occasionally in:
4. What makes food and commercial items increasingly difficult to obtain as 1939 progresses?
(a) The Swedish embargo.
(b) The American blockade.
(c) The English blockade.
(d) The Russian embargo.
5. What does Klemperer call the building in which their apartment is located?
(a) The Ghetto.
(b) The Dresden Dump.
(c) The Hitler House.
(d) The Jews' House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
2. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
3. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
4. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
5. In 1939, what is issued to the Jews?
Short Essay Questions
1. In 1938, the Klemperers make a surprise visit to Grete on her birthday. During this visit, what or who do Grete and Victor reminisce about?
2. During a trip to Berlin, what does Klemperer learn that encourages him?
3. In what part of 1940 does the expansion in scope of the war become particularly marked?
4. What November 1938 event forced even those Jews who were most resolutely in denial (among them Klemperer) to finally come to terms with the genocidal hatred of Hitler?
5. As 1938 progresses, what form of resistance against the Nazis is occasionally reported?
6. The return of what German legion, according to Klemperer, is celebrated in June 1939?
7. Why does the Nazi regime imposes a 'billion-Mark' fine on Jewish citizens in 1938?
8. In 1937, Klemperer, as always, worried about money. Despite his worry, what does he realize?
9. As Klemperer fights a daily battle with fear, what is one of the frequent thoughts that he says run through his head?
10. Whom does Klemperer begin to feel are just like Hitler in their hatred of Jews?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)