|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
(a) Sent to the ghettos.
(b) Granted amnesty and given non-Jewish surnames.
(c) Sent to the concentration camps.
(d) Excluded and treated as Jews.
2. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
3. What city does Gusti Weighardt write the Klemperers she is moving to?
4. By 1940, war _________ commonplace.
(a) Talk is.
(b) Crimes are.
(c) Related viruses are.
(d) Profiteering is.
5. By the end of 1940, clothing has become so scarce that:
(a) People are dressing in flour sacks.
(b) People are dying from exposure due to lack of proper clothes.
(c) The recently deceased are stripped before being cremated.
(d) The ill are stripped before admission to the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the middle of 1938, Jews are required to make their name 'Jewish' for easy identification. What does Victor begin calling himself in order to comply with this requirement?
2. Although all of the Klemperers are suffering from ill health and depression in 1940, what specifically happens to Grete?
3. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
4. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
5. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)