|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) Three rooms.
(b) One room.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) Two stories.
3. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
(a) Sent to the concentration camps.
(b) Granted amnesty and given non-Jewish surnames.
(c) Sent to the ghettos.
(d) Excluded and treated as Jews.
4. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) The Dölzchen ghetto.
(b) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(c) The Dresden ghetto.
(d) The Berlin ghetto.
5. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klemperer begin to send out job applications to other countries?
2. In December 1940, what are Jews ordered to begin wearing?
3. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
4. What word does Klemperer use for the first time (on April 9, 1939) to describe the German-Italian alliance?
5. Klemperer notes with surprise that many troops are being sent to:
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)