|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) Three rooms.
(b) Two stories.
(c) Two rooms.
(d) One room.
2. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
(a) The historic German nation.
(b) Other European nations.
(c) The Vatican.
3. Which of the following countries is NOT one of those the Nazis first occupy in 1940?
4. What does Klemperer do with the papers he does not send for safekeeping?
(a) Shreds them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Takes them with him to the ghetto.
(d) Buries them.
5. What does Klemperer call the building in which their apartment is located?
(a) The Hitler House.
(b) The Ghetto.
(c) The Dresden Dump.
(d) The Jews' House.
Short Answer Questions
1. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
2. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
3. What word does Klemperer use for the first time (on April 9, 1939) to describe the German-Italian alliance?
4. In which city does Klemperer note that Jews are rumored to have been forcibly relocated to ghettos?
5. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)