|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(b) The Dresden ghetto.
(c) The Dölzchen ghetto.
(d) The Berlin ghetto.
2. Credible rumors circulate that Jews in occupied __________ are treated very severely.
3. The Nazis call the invasion of which country off?
(d) The United States.
4. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To develop an atomic weapon.
(b) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(c) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
(d) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
5. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Giving them away.
(b) Selling them in yard sales.
(c) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(d) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
Short Answer Questions
1. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
2. Although all of the Klemperers are suffering from ill health and depression in 1940, what specifically happens to Grete?
3. In which city does Klemperer note that Jews are rumored to have been forcibly relocated to ghettos?
4. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
5. By 1940, war _________ commonplace.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Nazi regime imposes a 'billion-Mark' fine on Jewish citizens in 1938?
2. When the Nazis renovate or make improvements the property they seized from Victor Klemperer, to whom do they send the bill?
3. As 1940 progresses, which continent becomes entirely involved in World War II?
4. Early in 1939, on what book does Klemperer begin to work in earnest?
5. As 1938 progresses, what form of resistance against the Nazis is occasionally reported?
6. As Klemperer fights a daily battle with fear, what is one of the frequent thoughts that he says run through his head?
7. Whom does Klemperer begin to feel are just like Hitler in their hatred of Jews?
8. In 1939, what does Klemperer say the purpose of his diary is?
9. In 1937, what is the conclusion that Klemperer draws about Hitler and the resilience of the Nazis?
10. In 1938, the Klemperers make a surprise visit to Grete on her birthday. During this visit, what or who do Grete and Victor reminisce about?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)