|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Credible rumors circulate that Jews in occupied __________ are treated very severely.
2. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
(a) The Battle of Britain.
(b) The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
(c) The Battle of Midway.
(d) The invasion of Normandy.
3. In November 1939, an unsuccessful attempt is made to assassinate:
4. In 1938, _____________ is partitioned and Germany claims a huge part of the country.
5. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) France and Italy.
(b) Italy and Switzerland.
(c) England and France.
(d) Albania and Turkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the yellow sign that the government puts on Klemperer's fence corners?
2. Bombings occur in the West, then in Berlin, and then occasionally in:
3. What does Klemperer do with the papers he does not send for safekeeping?
4. In May, Victor and Eva take a five-day automobile vacation. Which city is their first stop?
5. Which of the following countries is NOT one of those the Nazis first occupy in 1940?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Klemperer fights a daily battle with fear, what is one of the frequent thoughts that he says run through his head?
2. As 1940 progresses, which continent becomes entirely involved in World War II?
3. What country's civil war is still ongoing throughout 1937?
4. During a trip to Berlin, what does Klemperer learn that encourages him?
5. In what part of 1940 does the expansion in scope of the war become particularly marked?
6. Klemperer spends time during 1939 considering the relationship between Jews and the historic German nation. What is his conclusion?
7. As 1938 progresses, what form of resistance against the Nazis is occasionally reported?
8. Some of Klemperer's diary entries after his move to the ghetto note appreciation for the smallest things in life. What are some examples of small things for which Klemperer expresses his appreciation?
9. After making inquiries into emigration during 1939, what does Klemperer conclude about his efforts to leave Germany?
10. Klemperer says that during 1940 the black market flourishes and that war profiteering is commonplace. What does this mean in terms of day-to-day personal and business transactions?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)