|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
2. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The police chief.
(b) The city manager.
(c) The sheriff.
(d) The mayor.
3. While in Berlin, Klemperer learns that anti-government elements frequently copy thousands of subversive or censored handbills _______________ and distribute them secretly.
(a) By hand.
(b) On underground printing presses.
(c) At printing companies in neutral countries.
(d) In the United States.
4. Credible rumors circulate that Jews in occupied __________ are treated very severely.
5. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
2. By the end of 1940, clothing has become so scarce that:
3. In what month of 1939 are the Klemperers notified that, beginning April 1940, their house will be rented to an Aryan?
4. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
5. Klemperer notes with surprise that many troops are being sent to:
Short Essay Questions
1. For what kinds of property issues do the Klemperers find themselves harassed by the city during 1937?
2. As 1938 progresses, what form of resistance against the Nazis is occasionally reported?
3. In 1937, what is the conclusion that Klemperer draws about Hitler and the resilience of the Nazis?
4. During a trip to Berlin, what does Klemperer learn that encourages him?
5. What brings Klemperer to believe that most Germans have always been, somewhat, anti-Semitic.
6. As 1940 progresses, which continent becomes entirely involved in World War II?
7. Why does the Nazi regime imposes a 'billion-Mark' fine on Jewish citizens in 1938?
8. What country's civil war is still ongoing throughout 1937?
9. In 1938, the Klemperers make a surprise visit to Grete on her birthday. During this visit, what or who do Grete and Victor reminisce about?
10. In what month of 1940 does the Nazi party take control of the Klemperers' house and evict them?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)