|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jews face much stricter rationing than ___________.
(a) All other Europeans.
(b) Any other race.
2. Some bombings are particularly devastating to Berlin and:
3. What U.S. town does Georg emigrate to?
(b) New Philadelphia.
4. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
(a) The crashing of the Hindenburg.
(b) The sinking of the Bismarck.
(c) The natural gas explosion in New London, Texas.
(d) The Black Famine.
5. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Victor's sister, Grete, after she suffers a mental collapse and a heart attack?
2. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
3. In his entries of 1939, Victor Klemperer spends some time pondering the relationship between Jews and:
4. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
5. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the Nazis renovate or make improvements the property they seized from Victor Klemperer, to whom do they send the bill?
2. What brings Klemperer to believe that most Germans have always been, somewhat, anti-Semitic.
3. What November 1938 event forced even those Jews who were most resolutely in denial (among them Klemperer) to finally come to terms with the genocidal hatred of Hitler?
4. In 1939, what does Klemperer say the purpose of his diary is?
5. In October 1938, Klemperer falls ill and makes a trip to Berlin. Why does he make this trip, and why is it dangerous?
6. As 1938 progresses, what form of resistance against the Nazis is occasionally reported?
7. Klemperer spends time during 1939 considering the relationship between Jews and the historic German nation. What is his conclusion?
8. Some of Klemperer's diary entries after his move to the ghetto note appreciation for the smallest things in life. What are some examples of small things for which Klemperer expresses his appreciation?
9. What country's civil war is still ongoing throughout 1937?
10. In what month of 1940 does the Nazi party take control of the Klemperers' house and evict them?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)