|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
2. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) Three rooms.
(b) Two rooms.
(c) One room.
(d) Two stories.
3. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
4. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) Albania and Turkey.
(b) Italy and Switzerland.
(c) England and France.
(d) France and Italy.
5. What word does Klemperer use for the first time (on April 9, 1939) to describe the German-Italian alliance?
(a) Italo-Prussian Alliance.
(d) Prusso-Italian Coalition.
Short Answer Questions
1. By 1940, war _________ commonplace.
2. Some bombings are particularly devastating to Berlin and:
3. How many times does Georg send the Klemperers money in 1938?
4. When Hitler visits Italy in 1938, it becomes evident that he is Mussolini's ____________.
5. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)