|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 61 and 52.
(b) 60 and 50.
(c) 52 and 61.
(d) 50 and 60.
2. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(c) The Führer.
(d) The Third Reich.
3. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
(a) The Saar region.
(c) The Transvaal region.
4. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) Three years.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) One year.
5. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A cellar is excavated.
(b) A fence is built.
(c) A vineyard is planted.
(d) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
2. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
5. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Klemperer receives his driving permit in January 1936, what emotions does he experience?
2. Klemperer is amazed that many Jews accept the Nazis. What does he say that Jews' overall belief is regarding what life will be like once the Nazis' anti-Semitic program is fully established?
3. Why did the Klemperers purchase an empty lot in the Dresden suburb of Dölzschen with the intent of building a house?
4. When Georg, Victor Klemperer's brother, sends him money to emigrate, Victor decides not to. Why?
5. After a lawsuit with his publisher is settled in Klemperer's favor, what does Klemperer do with the money?
6. Why does Klemperer learn to type in 1935?
7. What happens to Nazism in Germany during 1934, according to Klemperer?
8. What was the significance of the Sturmateilung (SA), the members of which were the primary target of Hitler during the "Night of the Long Knives"?
9. In 1933, what kind of news fills the mainstream papers in Germany?
10. As a university professor, what relationship does Klemperer notice developing between Nazi politics and ideology?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)