Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(b) The German national character.
(c) The Allies.
2. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
3. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(a) Farm coalitions.
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Church attendance.
(b) Military service.
(c) Indoctrination classes.
(d) Work camps.
5. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
Short Answer Questions
1. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
2. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
3. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
4. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
5. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what part of 1940 does the expansion in scope of the war become particularly marked?
2. What country's civil war is still ongoing throughout 1937?
3. For what kinds of property issues do the Klemperers find themselves harassed by the city during 1937?
4. What is Victor Klemperer's theory of German national characteristics?
5. During a trip to Berlin, what does Klemperer learn that encourages him?
6. To what does Klemperer compare the politicized and specialized language of the Third Reich?
7. In 1937, what is the conclusion that Klemperer draws about Hitler and the resilience of the Nazis?
8. What were one of the requirements of Palestine's immigration policies that made it difficult for Jews to emigrate there?
9. Klemperer spends time during 1939 considering the relationship between Jews and the historic German nation. What is his conclusion?
10. In 1933, how does Klemperer find the German political situation?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)