|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
2. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his political views.
(b) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(c) Their political views.
(d) They become members of the Nazi party.
3. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are neutral.
(b) They support them.
(c) They are against them.
(d) They are undecided.
4. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
(a) A stroke.
(c) Old age.
(d) A heart attack.
5. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(a) Nazi party officials.
(b) Members of the former German government.
(c) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
3. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
4. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
5. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
Short Essay Questions
1. After making inquiries into emigration during 1939, what does Klemperer conclude about his efforts to leave Germany?
2. To what does Klemperer compare the politicized and specialized language of the Third Reich?
3. Upon what--and for what reason--is the lawsuit between Klemperer and his publisher based?
4. Some of Klemperer's diary entries after his move to the ghetto note appreciation for the smallest things in life. What are some examples of small things for which Klemperer expresses his appreciation?
5. Early in 1939, on what book does Klemperer begin to work in earnest?
6. Whom does Klemperer begin to feel are just like Hitler in their hatred of Jews?
7. When Georg, Victor Klemperer's brother, sends him money to emigrate, Victor decides not to. Why?
8. In a July diary entry, what does Klemperer wonder about himself?
9. Why does the Nazi regime imposes a 'billion-Mark' fine on Jewish citizens in 1938?
10. In March 1941, Victor learns that two of his relatives have serious medical conditions. Which of his relatives are they, and what illnesses have befallen them?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)