|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Protestant and black.
(b) Jewish and Semitic.
(c) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(d) Catholic and Aryan.
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) His employer.
(b) A fellow author.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A student.
3. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1934 Volvo.
(b) A 1932 Ford.
(c) A 1936 Volkswagen.
(d) A 1932 Opel.
4. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
5. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
(c) The Saar region.
(d) The Transvaal region.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
2. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
3. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
4. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
5. Which war begins in August 1936?
Short Essay Questions
1. As 1933 progresses, on what level and how frequently are Jewish-supplied goods and services boycotted?
2. Klemperer also buys a car, which severely strains his finances. What does he do to pay off his debts?
3. In the early portion of the year, gifts among friends typically consist of money, bottles of alcohol, and books. How has the nature of gifts changed by the end of 1941?
4. What punishment does Klemperer receive for violating the blackout, and when does it become effective?
5. In what part of 1940 does the expansion in scope of the war become particularly marked?
6. The return of what German legion, according to Klemperer, is celebrated in June 1939?
7. Klemperer spends time during 1939 considering the relationship between Jews and the historic German nation. What is his conclusion?
8. When Klemperer receives his driving permit in January 1936, what emotions does he experience?
9. Why does Klemperer learn to type in 1935?
10. What brings Klemperer to believe that most Germans have always been, somewhat, anti-Semitic.
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)