|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are a de facto party membership fee.
(b) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(c) They are indeed voluntary.
(d) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
2. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Balkan War.
(c) The Abyssinian War.
(d) The Armenian War.
3. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
4. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
5. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
2. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
3. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
4. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
5. Both Victor and Eva appear to be _____________ much of the time in the entries written in 1936.
Short Essay Questions
1. During World War I, where did Victor Klemperer serve during combat?
2. Upon what--and for what reason--is the lawsuit between Klemperer and his publisher based?
3. In 1933, what kind of news fills the mainstream papers in Germany?
4. What does Klemperer note seems to be happening with the politicized and specialized language of the Third Reich during 1935?
5. In mid-May 1936, what change does Klemperer make in his diary?
6. Toward the end of the year, as the Abyssinian War breaks out in Italy and Jehovah's Witnesses begin being persecuted, Klemperer wonders how long the Hitler government can last. What is the conclusion he comes to?
7. What were one of the requirements of Palestine's immigration policies that made it difficult for Jews to emigrate there?
8. Why do the Klemperers appear to be hypochondriacs?
9. Why does Klemperer learn to type in 1935?
10. Klemperer also buys a car, which severely strains his finances. What does he do to pay off his debts?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)