|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The names of the cities and towns.
(b) The regions of the country.
(c) The days of the week.
(d) The names of the months.
2. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
3. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
4. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
5. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The garden.
(b) The living room.
(c) The study.
(d) The kitchen.
6. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
7. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
(d) Loss of employment.
8. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(c) Farm coalitions.
9. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) Full retirement pay.
(b) One-third retirement pay.
(d) Half retirement pay.
10. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
(a) In a tank.
(b) In a hospital.
(c) On the front lines.
(d) Behind a desk.
11. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
12. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Protestant and black.
(b) Catholic and Aryan.
(c) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(d) Jewish and Semitic.
13. When was Victor born?
(a) October 9, 1881.
(b) July 13, 1881.
(c) July 13, 1882.
(d) October 9, 1882.
14. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
15. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
2. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
3. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
4. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
5. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)