|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) His theory of German character is incorrect.
(b) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(c) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(d) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
2. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Emigrate to.
(b) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(c) Support annexation of.
(d) Become disenchanted with.
3. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Armenian War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Balkan War.
(d) The Abyssinian War.
4. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
5. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1932 Ford.
(b) A 1936 Volkswagen.
(c) A 1934 Volvo.
(d) A 1932 Opel.
6. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
7. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
8. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A student.
(b) His employer.
(c) A publisher.
(d) A fellow author.
9. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
10. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) Dental work.
(b) Open-heart surgery.
(c) In-patient mental care.
(d) A liver transplant.
11. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They accept them.
(b) They want to join the Nazi party.
(c) They agree with them.
(d) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
12. When was Victor born?
(a) July 13, 1881.
(b) October 9, 1882.
(c) October 9, 1881.
(d) July 13, 1882.
13. Which war begins in August 1936?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Crimean War.
(d) The French Revolution.
14. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
(a) Nazi terminology.
(b) Nazi beliefs.
(c) Nazi hierarchy.
(d) Nazi officials.
15. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
2. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
3. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
5. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)