|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
(a) The collapse of a billboard.
(b) A multiple-car collision.
(c) The collapse of a construction trench.
(d) The sinking of a passenger ferry.
2. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are against them.
(b) They are neutral.
(c) They support them.
(d) They are undecided.
3. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
4. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
5. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Abyssinian War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Armenian War.
(d) The Balkan War.
6. When was Victor born?
(a) October 9, 1881.
(b) July 13, 1882.
(c) July 13, 1881.
(d) October 9, 1882.
7. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
(a) A visit from the Red Cross.
(b) The G-20 summit.
(c) The Olympics.
(d) A visit from President Roosevelt.
8. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
9. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) It is split between both parties.
(b) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
(c) The defendant's.
10. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
(b) Public reading rooms.
(c) Grocery stores.
(d) Police offices.
11. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(a) The Soviet Union.
(d) The United States.
12. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
(a) He comes into an inheritance.
(b) His brother Georg makes him a financial gift.
(c) He secures a house loan.
(d) He closes out a savings account.
13. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His ability to keep his job.
(b) His theory of national characteristics.
(c) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(d) His ability to remain in Germany.
14. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
(b) Loss of employment.
15. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A vineyard is planted.
(b) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
(c) A cellar is excavated.
(d) A fence is built.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
2. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
3. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
4. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
5. Which war begins in August 1936?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)