|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
2. How does the Nazi party come to power in January 1933?
(a) A workers' revolution.
(b) A valid national election.
(c) A rigged national election.
(d) A military coup.
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A mimeograph machine.
(d) A transcription machine.
4. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Catholic; Judaism.
(b) Jew; Protestantism.
(c) Protestant; Judaism.
(d) Jew; Catholicism.
5. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are a de facto party membership fee.
(b) They are a de facto mandatory tax.
(c) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
(d) They are indeed voluntary.
6. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(b) He has entirely abandoned it.
(c) He is seriously doubting it.
(d) He has nearly abandoned it.
7. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
8. Which of the following countries is NOT one of the destinations favored by Jews emigrating from Germany in 1934?
(c) The United States.
(d) The Soviet Union.
9. Who was killed during the Night of the Long Knives?
(a) Former acquaintances and allies of Heidelberg.
(c) Former acquaintances and allies of Hitler.
10. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
11. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
(a) Old age.
(b) A stroke.
(d) A heart attack.
12. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
13. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
14. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
15. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(c) Farm coalitions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of The Eighteenth Century rejected?
2. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
3. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
4. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
5. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)