|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
(a) A fence is built and a cellar is excavated.
(b) A cellar is excavated.
(c) A vineyard is planted.
(d) A fence is built.
2. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
(b) He declines to emigrate.
(c) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(d) He emigrates immediately.
3. Eva and Victor are between what ages, respectively, during 1933?
(a) 60 and 50.
(b) 52 and 61.
(c) 61 and 52.
(d) 50 and 60.
4. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
5. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
(a) He receives a promotion.
(b) He returns to the lecture circuit.
(c) He retires.
(d) He receives a termination notice.
6. What opinion does Klemperer say most of his Aryan friends and associates have of the Nazis?
(a) They are neutral.
(b) They are against them.
(c) They support them.
(d) They are undecided.
7. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(b) His ability to keep his job.
(c) His ability to remain in Germany.
(d) His theory of national characteristics.
8. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
9. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(c) Complete unavailability.
10. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
11. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Emigrate to.
(b) Become disenchanted with.
(c) Establish diplomatic ties to.
(d) Support annexation of.
12. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
13. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
(a) The extent of Hitler's paranoia.
(b) The essential strength of Hitler's government.
(c) The essential weakness of Hitler's government.
(d) His theory of German character is incorrect.
14. With which political ideology is the Klemperers' friend, Gusti Wieghardt, enamored?
15. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
2. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
3. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
4. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
5. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)