|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(b) The German national character.
(c) The Allies.
2. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
3. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(a) Farm coalitions.
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Church attendance.
(b) Military service.
(c) Indoctrination classes.
(d) Work camps.
5. When Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, dies, in what city is the funeral held?
6. The government uses various ________ methods to harass Jews and other so-called undesirables.
7. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
(a) He has nearly abandoned it.
(b) He is holding tighter to it than ever.
(c) He is seriously doubting it.
(d) He has entirely abandoned it.
8. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
9. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) A considerable sum of money.
(d) A year's supply of medicine.
10. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(b) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(c) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(d) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
11. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
12. What does Klemperer's book <I>LTI</I> deal with?
(a) Nazi hierarchy.
(b) Nazi officials.
(c) Nazi terminology.
(d) Nazi beliefs.
13. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) One-third retirement pay.
(b) Half retirement pay.
(d) Full retirement pay.
14. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Catholic; Judaism.
(b) Protestant; Judaism.
(c) Jew; Catholicism.
(d) Jew; Protestantism.
15. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) The defendant's.
(c) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
(d) It is split between both parties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
2. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
3. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
4. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
5. From what does Klemperer's youngest sister, Wally Sussman, die?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)