|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I.
(c) He is a convert to Christianity.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
2. What type of medical treatments does Eva undergo?
3. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(a) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
(b) Members of the former German government.
(c) Nazi party officials.
4. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(b) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(c) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(d) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
5. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(a) The Allies.
(d) The German national character.
6. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
7. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
8. What does Klemperer teach at the university where he works?
(a) Romance literature and political science.
(b) Philology and romance literature.
(c) Philology and history.
(d) History and Renaissance literature.
9. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) Dental work.
(b) A liver transplant.
(c) Open-heart surgery.
(d) In-patient mental care.
10. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
(a) The Transvaal region.
(d) The Saar region.
11. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
12. Throughout 1934, many Jews _________ Palestine.
(a) Emigrate to.
(b) Support annexation of.
(c) Become disenchanted with.
(d) Establish diplomatic ties to.
13. As the Nazification of Germany continues in 1935, what is altered to the ancient German names?
(a) The names of the cities and towns.
(b) The days of the week.
(c) The regions of the country.
(d) The names of the months.
14. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
15. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
Short Answer Questions
1. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
2. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
3. What has happened to Klemperer's theory of the essential character of the German nation?
4. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
5. In February, what accident are the Klemperers witness to?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)