|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
(a) It is filled by another Jew.
(b) It is filled by a non-Jew.
(c) It remains open but is not filled.
(d) It is not filled.
2. Klemperer often deplores ____________ who knowingly support the Hitler government.
(b) Farm coalitions.
3. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
(c) Loss of employment.
4. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(b) The Reich Citizenship Law.
(c) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(d) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
5. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(c) He is a veteran of World War I.
(d) He is a convert to Christianity.
6. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
7. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) The German Revolution.
(b) World War II.
(c) Franco-Prussian War.
(d) World War I.
8. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) A publisher.
(b) A student.
(c) His employer.
(d) A fellow author.
9. Klemperer's wife, Eva, is _____________.
(a) Non-Jewish and Aryan.
(b) Catholic and Aryan.
(c) Protestant and black.
(d) Jewish and Semitic.
10. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1932 Opel.
(b) A 1932 Ford.
(c) A 1936 Volkswagen.
(d) A 1934 Volvo.
11. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
12. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Jehovah's Witnesses.
(c) Seventh-Day Adventists.
13. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
14. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
15. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) Full retirement pay.
(c) Half retirement pay.
(d) One-third retirement pay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Victor born?
2. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
3. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
4. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
5. When school resumes in November, what happens to Klemperer's career?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)