|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his political views.
(b) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(c) Their political views.
(d) They become members of the Nazi party.
2. What does Klemperer's book LTI deal with?
(a) Nazi hierarchy.
(b) Nazi terminology.
(c) Nazi beliefs.
(d) Nazi officials.
3. What piece of office equipment does Victor learn to use in 1935?
(a) A telegraph.
(b) A mimeograph machine.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A transcription machine.
4. What was the name of the 1935 law that deprived German Jews of their citizenship and rights?
(a) The Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor.
(b) The Reich Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(c) The Nuremberg Laws of Citizenship and Race.
(d) The Reich Citizenship Law.
5. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Military service.
(b) Church attendance.
(c) Indoctrination classes.
(d) Work camps.
6. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A year's supply of medicine.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(d) A considerable sum of money.
7. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
(a) They agree with them.
(b) They accept them.
(c) They want to join the Nazi party.
(d) They want to become Communists as a sign of protest.
8. As anti-Jew laws become stricter, what is an example of the type of public facilities from which Jews are excluded in 1936?
(a) Grocery stores.
(c) Police offices.
(d) Public reading rooms.
9. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
10. In 1935, which religious group begins experiencing persecution, including lengthy prison terms?
(b) Seventh-Day Adventists.
(c) Jehovah's Witnesses.
11. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
12. In what German city is the Klemperers' apartment located?
13. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
14. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Armenian War.
(b) The Balkan War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Abyssinian War.
15. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
(a) The study.
(b) The garden.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
2. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
3. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
4. What puts Palestine beyond the reach of many?
5. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)