|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
(a) It is split between both parties.
(c) It isn't settled; it is thrown out of court.
(d) The defendant's.
2. What illness does Victor contract during 1935?
3. When he becomes Chancellor of Germany, Hitler's ______________ rhetoric becomes central to national politics.
4. What is the "Night of the Long Knives" referred to as by Klemperer?
(a) The Anschluss.
(b) The Shoah.
(c) The Kristallnacht.
(d) The Röhm Revolt.
5. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
(a) Seek high interest home loans.
(c) Bribe the government to keep their positions.
(d) Change their identities.
6. To which location does Georg Klemperer first emigrate after the Nazis strip Jews of their citizenship and rights?
7. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
(a) Propagandistic slogans used as postmarks.
(b) Propagandistic slogans used as fortunes in fortune cookies.
(c) <I>Mein Kampf</I> replacing Bibles in churches and synagogues.
(d) The production of coloring books that indoctrinate children.
8. Why does Klemperer receive a reduced-rate retirement payment?
(a) He is a veteran of World War I and is married to an Aryan woman.
(b) He is a veteran of World War I and is a convert to Christianity.
(c) He is a convert to Christianity.
(d) He is a veteran of World War I.
9. How much of the retirement pay that they had worked for do Catholics, Communists, and Jews who lose their jobs get?
(a) One-third retirement pay.
(c) Full retirement pay.
(d) Half retirement pay.
10. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(b) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
(c) A year's supply of medicine.
(d) A considerable sum of money.
11. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
(b) Complete unavailability.
12. With what type of inmates are prisons over-capacity?
13. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
14. Which war begins in August 1936?
(a) The Crimean War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The French Revolution.
(d) The Spanish Civil War.
15. For what reason was Klemperer discharged from the army?
(a) He was discharged for medical reasons.
(b) He was dishonorably discharged.
(c) He was discharged because his enlistment period had expired.
(d) He deserted.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
2. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
3. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
4. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
5. What type of marriages are prohibited?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)