Short Essay Questions Key
1. During World War I, where did Victor Klemperer serve during combat?
Victor served on the front lines with the German armed forces.
2. In 1933, how does Klemperer find the German political situation?
Klemperer finds the German political situation to be vague and confusing.
3. In 1933, what kind of news fills the mainstream papers in Germany?
The mainstream newspapers are filled with the official Nazi interpretation of events.
4. As 1933 progresses, on what level and how frequently are Jewish-supplied goods and services boycotted?
Jewish-supplied goods and services are boycotted frequently on a predominantly local level.
5. In 1933, Klemperer notes that many Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are wealthy or who have internationally marketable skills emigrate. What is life like for members of these groups who remain in Germany?
Catholics, Communists, and Jews who do not emigrate face massive job loss and constant hazing.
This section contains 2,116 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)