Short Essay Questions
1. During World War I, where did Victor Klemperer serve during combat?
2. In 1933, how does Klemperer find the German political situation?
3. In 1933, what kind of news fills the mainstream papers in Germany?
4. As 1933 progresses, on what level and how frequently are Jewish-supplied goods and services boycotted?
5. In 1933, Klemperer notes that many Catholics, Communists, and Jews who are wealthy or who have internationally marketable skills emigrate. What is life like for members of these groups who remain in Germany?
This section contains 2,116 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)