|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
(a) The Black Famine.
(b) The crashing of the Hindenburg.
(c) The sinking of the Bismarck.
(d) The natural gas explosion in New London, Texas.
2. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
3. When was Eva born?
(a) October, 9, 1882.
(b) July 13, 1882.
(c) October 9, 1881.
(d) July 13, 1881.
4. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
(a) A considerable sum of money.
(b) A year's supply of medicine.
(c) Tickets on the next flight out of Germany.
(d) Secret information about what Hitler has planned next for the Jews.
5. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(b) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(c) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
(d) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer risk for avoiding giving the Nazi salute during class?
2. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
3. In 1935, most of the construction on the new house is complete. In what area of the house does Eva spend most of her time working?
4. Klemperer mistakenly believes the Night of the Long Knives demonstrates what?
5. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)