|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(b) The German national character.
(c) The Allies.
2. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
(b) Nazi party officials.
(c) The reporters who work for the media outlets.
(d) Members of the former German government.
3. Why do family members and friends among the groups who are discriminated against by the Nazis begin to lose track of each other?
(a) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes forbidden.
(b) Writing letters becomes forbidden.
(c) Writing letters and making telephone calls becomes politically dangerous.
(d) Making telephone calls becomes too expensive.
4. The mass _____________ of Jews has had the effect of separating friends and relatives.
5. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
(a) Sent to the ghettos.
(b) Sent to the concentration camps.
(c) Granted amnesty and given non-Jewish surnames.
(d) Excluded and treated as Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jews are prohibited by law, in 1941, from smoking tobacco, what does Klemperer smoke instead?
2. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
3. How do the Klemperers mitigate maintenance costs?
4. By what feeling is Klemperer overwhelmed when the time of his release approaches?
5. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)