|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
2. What is Hess' defection believed to represent?
(a) Some type of secret Nazi plot.
(b) Some type of secret Allied plot.
(c) A major victory for the German resistance.
(d) A small victory for the Allies.
3. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
4. In May, Klemperer also refers to the sinking of two ships. What were their names?
(a) The Hood and the Enterprise.
(b) The Hood and the Lusitania.
(c) The Bismarck and the Titanic.
(d) The Hood and the Bismarck.
5. What does Klemperer begin to question as 1933 progresses?
(a) His ability to be considered a Protestant.
(b) His ability to keep his job.
(c) His theory of national characteristics.
(d) His ability to remain in Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1937, on which book does Klemperer continue to work?
2. What is not available to the Jews during the winter of 1941?
3. During his time in prison, Klemperer spends a considerable amount of time considering the subtle _____________ effects of imprisonment.
4. In November 1939, an unsuccessful attempt is made to assassinate:
5. In which town have the Klemperers purchased an empty lot?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)