|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both Victor and Eva appear to be _____________ much of the time in the entries written in 1936.
2. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) World War II.
(b) World War I.
(c) The German Revolution.
(d) Franco-Prussian War.
3. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
4. Hitler proclaims compulsory ______________.
(a) Work camps.
(b) Indoctrination classes.
(c) Church attendance.
(d) Military service.
5. What dominates much of Victor's diary entries for 1939?
(a) War with England.
(b) War with Russia.
(c) War with France.
(d) War with Poland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although all of the Klemperers are suffering from ill health and depression in 1940, what specifically happens to Grete?
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
3. How does Klemperer come up with the money to pay for the initial rounds of construction on his house?
4. Around which two Russian cities does Klemperer report the Russian resistance is particularly strong?
5. In October 1938, when Victor becomes ill, why can't he obtain medical attention?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)