|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what level do boycotts of Jewish-supplied goods and services occur during 1933?
2. Which two countries enter the war in 1939, along with Poland?
(a) Albania and Turkey.
(b) Italy and Switzerland.
(c) England and France.
(d) France and Italy.
3. During the winter of 1941, why is Klemperer forced to sell his automobile at a loss?
(a) Jews are no longer allowed to own them.
(b) He needs to pay his bills.
(c) The car broke down and he couldn't afford to fix it.
(d) He has to pay back his debts to his brother, Georg.
4. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
5. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
(a) Riots and looting.
(b) Enthusiasm and gratitude.
(c) Demonstrations and assemblies.
(d) Burglaries and murders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
2. What is the topic of Klemperer's book, The Eighteenth Century?
3. During his time in prison, Klemperer spends a considerable amount of time considering the subtle _____________ effects of imprisonment.
4. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
5. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)