|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1938, Germany annexes __________ in a non-violent political victory known today as the Anschluss.
(a) The Sudetenland.
2. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
(a) The Night of the Long Knives.
(b) The Shoah.
(c) The Catastrophe.
3. What other means of saving money does Victor consider but ultimately discard as unworkable?
(a) Stopping smoking.
(b) Cancelling his newspaper subscription.
(c) Stopping drinking.
(d) Giving up coffee.
4. What is not available to the Jews during the winter of 1941?
(a) Most types of winter clothing in general.
(b) Winter coats.
5. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(b) They become members of the Nazi party.
(c) Their political views.
(d) Their criticism of his political views.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
2. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
3. By 1940, war _________ commonplace.
4. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
5. Both Victor and Eva appear to be _____________ much of the time in the entries written in 1936.
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)