|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As of 1936, for how long has Klemperer been unemployed?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Three years.
(d) One month.
2. When Jews are prohibited by law, in 1941, from smoking tobacco, what does Klemperer smoke instead?
(a) Chicory leaves.
(b) Oregano leaves.
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) Pine needles.
3. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
(a) The crashing of the Hindenburg.
(b) The natural gas explosion in New London, Texas.
(c) The sinking of the Bismarck.
(d) The Black Famine.
4. Why does a policeman visit the Klemperer's apartment one evening in 1941?
(a) They forget to wear their armbands.
(b) They forget to enforce a mandatory blackout.
(c) They participated in an anti-Nazi protest.
(d) They forget to mow their lawn.
5. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
(a) The Abyssinian War.
(b) The Balkan War.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Armenian War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his discharge from the army, where did Klemperer serve?
2. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
3. How much of Klemperer's income goes to taxes?
4. What health condition(s) do both Klemperers appear to have?
5. Toward the end of 1935, ______________ of food and various other materials become common.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)