|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) Three rooms.
(b) One room.
(c) Two stories.
(d) Two rooms.
2. What is the purpose of the offices of "science" that the Nazi government establishes?
(a) To explain racial inferiority as a natural law.
(b) To help Germans better achieve economic domination.
(c) To develop an atomic weapon.
(d) To develop better propaganda and indoctrination methods.
3. After the policeman's visit, what notification does Klemperer receive?
(a) That he is being transported to a concentration camp.
(b) That he has been sentenced to death by firing squad.
(c) That he will serve a prison sentence.
(d) That he must pay a heavy fine.
4. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
(a) The Battle of Midway.
(b) The invasion of Normandy.
(c) The Battle of Britain.
(d) The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
5. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of 1934, which area of Europe votes to attach itself to Germany?
2. In July 1934, in whose favor is Klemperer's lawsuit settled?
3. ___________ worries consume Klemperer in nearly every diary entry of 1936.
4. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
5. Most of the Jews in the ghetto consider an amphibious landing in England:
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)