|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
(b) The Shoah.
(c) The Night of the Long Knives.
(d) The Catastrophe.
2. What about the Nazis' peculiar use of language especially stands out to Victor Klemperer?
(a) Their constant use of verbs.
(b) Their constant use of superlatives.
(c) Their constant use of adverbs.
(d) Their refusal to use pronouns.
3. By what feeling is Klemperer overwhelmed when the time of his release approaches?
4. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
5. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
(a) Jew; Catholicism.
(b) Protestant; Judaism.
(c) Catholic; Judaism.
(d) Jew; Protestantism.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which war does Italy become involved toward the end of 1935?
2. Klemperer notes with surprise that many troops are being sent to:
3. What does Klemperer report about his wife, Eva's, health?
4. What about many Jews' attitude towards the Nazis amazes Klemperer?
5. What city does Gusti Weighardt write the Klemperers she is moving to?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)