|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
2. What kind of car does Klemperer buy after receiving his driving permit?
(a) A 1932 Ford.
(b) A 1934 Volvo.
(c) A 1932 Opel.
(d) A 1936 Volkswagen.
3. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
(a) Propagandistic slogans used as postmarks.
(b) Propagandistic slogans used as fortunes in fortune cookies.
(c) Mein Kampf replacing Bibles in churches and synagogues.
(d) The production of coloring books that indoctrinate children.
4. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
(a) He decides to emigrate if the Nazis are still in control in 1936.
(b) He emigrates immediately.
(c) He can't make up his mind; he is paralyzed by fear.
(d) He declines to emigrate.
5. How large is the apartment the Klemperers secure in the Dresden ghetto?
(a) One room.
(b) Two rooms.
(c) Two stories.
(d) Three rooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
2. What was the response to the Nazi party's rise to power, coupled with the poor economic climate of the times?
3. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
4. Along with his strongest recommendations to flee Germany, what does Georg give Victor and Eva Klemperer?
5. Which tragedy does Klemperer believe reflects poorly on Hitler's government?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)