|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following countries is NOT one of those the Nazis first occupy in 1940?
2. With whom is Klemperer involved in a lawsuit during 1933 and 1934?
(a) His employer.
(b) A publisher.
(c) A fellow author.
(d) A student.
3. What does Klemperer believe will defeat the Nazis' anti-Semitism?
(b) The Allies.
(c) The German national character.
4. What is the truth about the voluntary Nazi political-fund drives?
(a) They are indeed voluntary.
(b) They are a <I>de facto</I> party membership fee.
(c) They are a <I>de facto</I> mandatory tax.
(d) Jews' participation is mandatory; Aryans' participation is voluntary.
5. What U.S. town does Betty emigrate to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Klemperer speculate and report rumor and innuendo instead of actual news?
2. In what month of 1940 does Klemperer send his stamp collection and important papers to his friend Annemarie for safeguarding?
3. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
4. What is one interesting example of Nazi indoctrination noted by Klemperer in his 1936 entries?
5. How much of Klemperer's income goes to taxes?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)