|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klemperer call the building in which their apartment is located?
(a) The Dresden Dump.
(b) The Jews' House.
(c) The Hitler House.
(d) The Ghetto.
2. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
3. During 1940, so-called mixed-race Jews, who were previously allowed in the military, are:
(a) Granted amnesty and given non-Jewish surnames.
(b) Sent to the ghettos.
(c) Sent to the concentration camps.
(d) Excluded and treated as Jews.
4. What type of marriages are prohibited?
(c) Anything other than civil marriages.
5. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
(c) The Third Reich.
(d) The Führer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes the propagandistic articles carried by most media outlets?
2. What does nearly every Jew remaining in Germany, including the Klemperers, try to do in response to the rumors of ghettos?
3. What work is done on the Klemperers' empty lot through the end of 1933?
4. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
5. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)