|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of expensive medical care does Eva require in 1934?
(a) In-patient mental care.
(b) Open-heart surgery.
(c) Dental work.
(d) A liver transplant.
2. Where are the Klemperers told they will have to live after their house is rented?
(a) Their old apartment in Dresden.
(b) The Berlin ghetto.
(c) The Dresden ghetto.
(d) The Dölzchen ghetto.
3. What word does Klemperer use for the first time (on April 9, 1939) to describe the German-Italian alliance?
(c) Prusso-Italian Coalition.
(d) Italo-Prussian Alliance.
4. What does Victor begin doing with his personal items?
(a) Selling them to pawnbrokers.
(b) Giving them away.
(c) Packing them in preparation for the move.
(d) Selling them in yard sales.
5. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
(a) The Battle of Britain.
(b) The invasion of Normandy.
(c) The Battle of Midway.
(d) The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Victor Klemperer, the diarist, is a ___________ who has converted to _________.
2. In addition to continuing dental problems, what health problem does Eva suffer from during 1937?
3. Which group of people were not discharged from employment during 1933?
4. As Klemperer reads accounts of France and England's negotiations and compromises with Germany, he is especially disgusted with _____________'s compliant negotiations.
5. By the middle of 1937, Victor and Eva are taking long country drives for what purpose?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)