|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In late 1937, Hjalmar Schacht retires as the minister of ____________.
2. In his entries of 1938, what health problem does Victor fret about?
(a) Eva's anxiety.
(b) His eyesight.
(c) His heart condition.
(d) Eva's teeth.
3. When Gusti Weighardt's son, Karl, visits the Klemperers in May 1941, how does Victor describe him?
(a) Aryan, warm, and supportive.
(b) Jewish, distant, and fearful.
(c) Aryan, distant and argumentative.
(d) Aryan, argumentative, and a rabid Nazi.
4. In what month does Klemperer receive a planned termination notice?
5. By what name is the November 1938 pogrom conducted by the Nazis commonly referred to?
(a) The Shoah.
(b) The Night of the Long Knives.
(c) The Catastrophe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of The Eighteenth Century rejected?
2. Jewish bank accounts are _____________ and ready cash is seized.
3. After the policeman's visit, what notification does Klemperer receive?
4. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
5. In addition to Jews and Catholics, what group of people comes under discrimination in 1938?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)