|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which local German official begins a program of harassment against the Jews that results in fines levied against the Klemperers for things such as weeds in their yard?
(a) The sheriff.
(b) The mayor.
(c) The city manager.
(d) The police chief.
2. How long does Klemperer's prison sentence last?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Eight days.
3. What happens to Klemperer's position after he leaves it?
(a) It is filled by a non-Jew.
(b) It remains open but is not filled.
(c) It is filled by another Jew.
(d) It is not filled.
4. In 1938, Germany annexes __________ in a non-violent political victory known today as the Anschluss.
(d) The Sudetenland.
5. What makes Klemperer break off all contact with the Wieghardts?
(a) Their criticism of his driving skills.
(b) Their criticism of his political views.
(c) Their political views.
(d) They become members of the Nazi party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the newspapers give the responsibility of breeding Nordic-blooded individuals to escape the taint of Jewry?
2. In what month does Klemperer receive his driving permit?
3. Which concentration camp does Victor report hearing rumors of?
4. In what month of 1934 do the Klemperers move into their home in Dölzschen?
5. When Paul von Hindenburg dies in August 1934, which office does Hitler assume in addition to that of Chancellor?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)