|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the political orientation of the few newspapers that publish 'real' news?
2. Which major World War II battle begins in 1940?
(a) The invasion of Normandy.
(b) The Battle of Britain.
(c) The Battle of Midway.
(d) The Battle of Leyte Gulf.
3. During which war did Klemperer serve in the German armed forces?
(a) World War II.
(b) Franco-Prussian War.
(c) World War I.
(d) The German Revolution.
4. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
5. As bombardment in western Germany becomes more fierce, refugees from that region begin to move:
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Victor Klemperer respond to his brother's advice after considering it?
2. To what organization, if any, did the people killed during the Night of the Long Knives belong?
3. What did groups against whom the Nazis discriminated, if they had wealth or internationally desirable skills, do?
4. Why is Klemperer's manuscript of The Eighteenth Century rejected?
5. Which war begins in August 1936?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)