|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through '1941'.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Klemperer finds the costs of maintaining the car to be extremely ______________.
2. During the winter of 1941, why is Klemperer forced to sell his automobile at a loss?
(a) The car broke down and he couldn't afford to fix it.
(b) Jews are no longer allowed to own them.
(c) He has to pay back his debts to his brother, Georg.
(d) He needs to pay his bills.
3. What makes food and commercial items increasingly difficult to obtain as 1939 progresses?
(a) The English blockade.
(b) The Swedish embargo.
(c) The American blockade.
(d) The Russian embargo.
4. Who accompanies the Klemperers to Berlin?
5. What race was Helene Meyer, who won the silver medal in fencing for Germany?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what point during classes are professors expected to give the Nazi salute?
2. What 1936 event prompts the brief removal of all anti-Semitic references in German media?
3. When the Klemperers take their second eight-day automobile vacation later in 1937 where do they go?
4. Which country's invasion by Germany does Klemperer note on June 22, 1941?
5. The politicized and specialized language of ________________ continues to seep into common, everyday usage.
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)